The saddest animal death in any form of media

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Kalezian said:
CNKFan said:
megalomania said:
This Koala died recently (of chlamydia though, which apparently 1/4 of koalas have)

How the hell are Koalas getting chlamydia?!?!

........... I would make a joke about Australians, but I dont want to get kicked in the ass........

Saddest death would be Zippo Cat, its not a scene from a movie, it is a movie, about 4-5 minutes long of a guy pouring lighter fluid on a cat and lighting it on fire............ I got off the internet for weeks after watching that...........
so basically you sat through 4-5 minutes of a cat on fire and didn't stop till it was done because?

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
(If you haven't read the books, don't click on the spoiler, because it is one of the saddest and amazingly well written moments in the entire trilogy.) Theres a great series of books called the chaos walking trilogy, and in the first one, "the knife of never letting go"
the main characters dog gets his back broken in cold blood. Now if it was just a normal dog, it would be sad, but, (and for a perfectly logical reason, I promise you) the dog can talk, and is one of the best characters, so it is extremely sad. I cried for an hour, and couldn't pick the book up again for another hour after I'd stopped. The writer is so great, he really makes you attached to the characters.
if you are interested, and it really is a great trilogy, then you can see some reviews and purchase it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knife-Never-Letting-Go-Walking/dp/1406310255

The author, Patrick Ness, is in my opinion, one of the best new writers I have come across, a lot better than J.K Rowling.