The saddest animal death in any form of media

SeniorDingDong

Jan 8, 2008
In the famous Disney move "The Living Desert" they show an impressive nest-colony, build over years by several birds.

Then the narrator says "but one drop of water in the wrong angle to the sun could cause...", they show how the colony gets ignited like described before and the damn thing burns down. They show how some young chicks (yes, the birds in this case -_-) get left behind, screaming, going to get burned soon.

Beeing a young child, that made me sad like nothing else. The worst part might be, that I am sure that Disney bastards set the colony on fire purposely to get some "impressive images". The birds died, only to make us sad. WTF ?

DragonsAteMyMarbles

You matter in this world. Smile!
Feb 22, 2009
Perhaps a strange choice, but I nominate Boxer from Animal Farm. Also serves to consolidate the pigs' status as evil, oppressive bastards.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
pvtchunders said:
The following is quite a tear-jerker.
[link]http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8344/uglyug3.jpg[/link]
;-; I wish I hadn't looked now. ;-;

Fry's dog from Futurama. I think it is one of the few times I have actually cried while watching a cartoon.

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
CNKFan said:
megalomania said:
This Koala died recently (of chlamydia though, which apparently 1/4 of koalas have)

How the hell are Koalas getting chlamydia?!?!
Well, when 2 koalas love each other very much, they bang the living shit outa each other, and one might be carring a STI (also called STD).

once the crazy banging has been completed, life goes on

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Baby Tea said:
Uh, this is a no brainer: Mufasa from the Lion King.
Nooo! Stop trampling him your terrible antelopes! He's just trying to save his boy!
T_T

I have to agree with the rest: Sam from I Am Legend. Not just because of how he died, but also its impact on Will Smith (who was genuinely brilliant in that movie.)

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
suckmyBR said:
Marley & Me

*braces self for abuse*
Dont worry. Almost everyone cries at that bit. But Frys dog dying its incredibly upsetting too.

Oh and having to "put down" Dogmeat.

[small] *Cries a little [/small]

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
bradley348 said:
CNKFan said:
megalomania said:
This Koala died recently (of chlamydia though, which apparently 1/4 of koalas have)

How the hell are Koalas getting chlamydia?!?!
Well, when 2 koalas love each other very much, they bang the living shit outa each other, and one might be carring a STI (also called STD).

once the crazy banging has been completed, life goes on
I know that. I just thought that chlamydia was a human STD so I naturally thought that a human fucked a Koala.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
In I am legend when the dog dies.

Never saw Old Yeller, but I heard it was also very sad.

Bucket0Bones

Feb 19, 2009
ace_of_something said:
there is an episode of futurama involoving Fry's very loyal dog. Loyal *sniffle* until the very end.
Agh, why did you have to remind me of that episode. Its so sad.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
pvtchunders said:
Aww no, thats sad :(

But also kind of heart warming, in a way :)

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
pvtchunders said:
Awwwww..... *sniffle*

I agree with Fry's dog from Futurama, but I also think in "The Never Ending Story" when
the horse sinks in that goop and drowns
was really sad. Or maybe it's just 'cos I watched it when I was 8...

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
Cajt said:
Jurassic Bark, saddest animal death ever...

Damn you, Futurama! Damn you!
Yup. I ain't even a big fan of dogs.

Speaking of animal deaths. My old pet dog Ben died the other day. We gave him away to a new home eleven years ago so I aren't affected too much really. I'm just mostly amazed it was so long ago. Eleven years!

No surprise its over a decade really though, I guess. I don't even remember when we gave him away. Just visiting him once or twice afterwards.

fedpayne

Sep 4, 2008
Yeah, Jurassic Bark. Also, one time in this old show Animal Hospital, some big massive skinhead guy brought his dog in, and when they told him he started crying, and saying about how much he loved him. That was fucking horrible.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
megalomania said:

That reminds me of this thing I saw on national geographic. This woman nursed a koala back to health. But shortly after they released him into the wild, they found out he got killed by a wild dog. The woman was absolutely devastated.