The Saw game review

Darkblaven

Apr 16, 2009
Alright, I've been talking about this game before it came out, and when it did, I played it. Now I can tell all the people who said this game would be boring, "YOUR ALMOST RIGHT!", as I progressed through the game I found myself enjoying it, the combat leaves much to be desired, but it was made by Konami so you'd expect a kind of Silent Hill combat system. The graphics are good on Tapp, and Pigface, but when it comes to the enemies and people you save, it looks like they spray painting the clothing on them. The story keeps a Saw feel, but the two endings feel alittle hard to believe....

-------SPOILER---------

When you kill Pigface, and get the key out of the place, your faced with two endings, FREEDOM, or TRUTH, in the FREEDOM ending you get out of the asylum, and find Tapp is still obsessed with catching Jigsaw, and Tapp finds himself putting a gun to his own head, and as he pulls the trigger Billy the puppet appears before you on the tv laughing. In TRUTH you chase the new Pigface, you catch him.... or rather her Singh's wife had a new test after you freed her, she had to keep you on track, or her son (which she ignored for so long, after Singh died.), as the new Pigface, the ending of the tape says "Beware for you may die just like your husband", which she slowly escapes only to be shot by the shotgun trap you'll go through many times. (Singh died by that trap BTW)

------END OF SPOILER---------

And besides all that the game's traps, and puzzles are actually very fun, every person you had to save made you go through a puzzle mini game. Only one unique puzzle for Singh's wife, but none the less, the game is fun, but it really just my opinion, and I'll thank you for leaving a comment, or if you played the game leave a little review. The game gets a 4/5.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Your spoiler was almost the same size as the review. I can't tell what you feel about it, what it's about, what you do, how it sounds or is played, anything really.
Seeing as I do want to play it I skipped the spoiler. After it however, you say: 'And besides all that...' beside all what? I never got to read what was good/bad about it.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
This isn't a review. This is an ending spoiler that I just about managed to skip (should have been in spoiler tags) with a paragraph before and after. You didn't really critique the game at all.

Lycaeus_Wrex

Jan 19, 2009
scnj said:
This isn't a review. This is an ending spoiler that I just about managed to skip (should have been in spoiler tags) with a paragraph before and after. You didn't really critique the game at all.
^ This. The review needs to be far, far longer if it is to make any impact whatsoever. Examining out of the ma-hoosive *Spoiler* tag, I learnt practically nothing about how the game plays, its plot, the atmosphere, graphics, gameplay....anything really.

You need to put a lot more effort into your reviews before they can be classified as anything more than a very, very, brief breakdown of the KEY points in a game. Which is the one thing a review should allude to, but try not to explain completely, something that you fell foul of.

L. Wrex

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Not a review, not even a rant. I can't really tell what this is

All I know is that there is a Saw game on some system that features a guy named pigface

The guy above me is 100% correct

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
pimppeter2 said:
All I know is that there is a Saw game on some system that features a guy named pigface
What's interesting is that it doesn't. His name is Pighead. So 50% of the information you gained from the review is incorrect.

- J