The Schwartz Awakens as Mel Brooks Reveals Spaceballs 2 Plans

Nov 28, 2007
KingsGambit said:
I would really love for this to be a thing. I'm surprised they never thought of the idea in the last 20 years or so. What does the OP mean Rick Moranis has "stopped acting"?

It is a shame about the passing of some of the films stars, but there's no reason they can't do good things with the the rest of the cast.
Rick Moranis essentially retired from acting about 15 years ago, sadly. His wife died, and he took time off to raise his kids. That said, he's clarified that he's not actually retired. [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/rick-moranis-reveals-why-he-829779]

Mar 26, 2008
John Keefer said:
The Schwartz Awakens as Mel Brooks Reveals Spaceballs 2 Plans

On a recent "Take a Knee" podcast [http://theadamcarollashow.libsyn.com/podcast/tak-012-mel-brooks] with Adam Carolla, Brooks said that the sequel is tentatively called Spaceballs: The Search for More Money...
Yogurt called it.

The thing is, do we really need another one? I used to love the original but I don't think it's dated very well.

Apr 5, 2008
thebobmaster said:
KingsGambit said:
I would really love for this to be a thing. I'm surprised they never thought of the idea in the last 20 years or so. What does the OP mean Rick Moranis has "stopped acting"?

It is a shame about the passing of some of the films stars, but there's no reason they can't do good things with the the rest of the cast.
Rick Moranis essentially retired from acting about 15 years ago, sadly. His wife died, and he took time off to raise his kids. That said, he's clarified that he's not actually retired. [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/rick-moranis-reveals-why-he-829779]
Mate, thank you for that link! It is nice to read about someone so popular from my earlier years. I cannot say I'm a "fan" of his per se, but I've loved many movies he's been in and they were each and every one better for his being in them. Really great find dude, thanks again.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Now this is one of the very very few works I'm interested to see. More to see if he still has it though. I really hope so, because today's parody movies really suck.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Good, maybe it'll get real parody movies going again instead of the last crappy batch of "parody" flicks.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I'm more looking forward to Blazing Saddles 2, set in a town rioting after the police shooting of a black man.

If anyone can pull it off AND make it funny Brooks can.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
COMaestro said:
Article needs to be fixed. It says "Bill Paxton" but Bill PULLMAN was in Spaceballs.
can't we just call them both Bill Pulxton and be done with this problem forever?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Spaceballs was fucking atrocious. Replacing words with random other words that rhyme is not how puns work. Can we please forget this was ever brought up?

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Bring on the search for more money!

Hopefully it will be a good spoof, there is a lot of stuff he could draw on these days.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
The "We ain't found shit!" scene when they comb the desert had me in hysterics as a kid. But I don't know how you can parody The Force Awakens when it is a rehash of most of the same beats from A New Hope...

I mean you could make that a joke in and of itself, but that wouldn't be enough to carry the entire film.