Jul 11, 2010
1- Command and Conquer
2- Thief: The Dark Project
3- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
4- Final Fantasy 7
5- Aveyond 2: Ean's Quest

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Well, I do love many games, but these are probably my more favorite ones. In no particular order;

SPOILERS

Shadow of the Collosus: It's practically "video games as art" personified. It is one of the few games that has made me cry tears. And not manly ones, little girly blubbering ones. Its primary theme of "letting go" has stuck with me through out a lot of my life, to be perfectly honest. You just have to...let go at the end. Just let go. And the game is over. Few games have the balls to deliver such an ending.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Again, this game made me cry, only this time manly tears. Despite its flaws in the storytelling department, the fact that it brought together years of Metal Gear lore into one story, tieing up loose ends, and generally delivering an epic ending to a series. At the end where Snake kills himself, I just thought that it was supremely gutsy to end off one of the greatest characters of all time (though he didn't actually kill himself, which I thought was a cop-out)

Elite Beat Agents: This is a heavily underrated classic on the DS, one that I think everyone should play. It's concept is ridiculous, and yet it all comes together with awesome music and pitch-perfect gameplay. Not only that, but this one also made me a little teary eyed! From the "You're the Inspiration" level to the final two stages where everyone is shouting "E.B.A! E.B.A!" to revive the Agents is friggin' spectacular.

Team Fortress 2: While I do get frustrated with many online games, Team Fortress 2 is perhaps the most balanced out of all of them. It has a simple design with fun atmosphere, and it provides a very unique aesthetic. You instantly know what your enemy is (Heavy, Scout, Sniper, etc...) and you instantly know some of the weapons they can carry and you instantly know what strategy you need to beat them. With all these other games (looking at you, Call of Duty) you look at a guy and will instantly die because you couldn't tell if they had stopping power or Juggernaut or something like that. It's impossible to balance something when you have no idea how you are going to counter it. This is why I put TF2 on the pedestal of supreme balance that it deserves. Though the hats do get annoying from time to time.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andres: This game is the polar opposite of GTA4. I absolutely despised GTA4 as much as it pains me to say it, because it was just so bland and so boring compared to its predecessors. San Andres was fun, 'splosion ridden, and it had fun cheats! It had interesting weapons, vehicles, all sorts of stuff that the newer GTAs just completely cut out. It's one of those few "fun" games that I don't mind just being "fun".

END SPOILERS

Just for completions sake, as I just thought of 5 games off the top of my head, my honorable mentions that I can think of right now go to;

Mass Effect 1 and 2
Uncharted 1 and 2
Persona 3 (haven't played 4 yet D:)
Ratchet and Clank series
Jak and Daxter series
Sly Cooper series
Aaaaand, that's all I can remember for the time being.

SpaceGnome

Apr 23, 2009
Gateway to glimmer/ Rypto's rage
Crash bandicoot 3 Warped
warcraft 3
Brutal legend
Beyond good and evil

Mar 9, 2010
This game was a childhood legend and is still revered amongst everyone I know who played it all those years ago. Sadly, I lent my copy to a friend and it disappeared and nobody would ever release their copy to me so nostalgia has sweetened the game even more. Apart from that though, the game was amazing. It was one of the games that was made both for fun and for strategy, it was one of the best games that I can remember.

Some will be very quick to disagree on this game, but I thought it was a brilliant piece of work. As much flak as cover based shooting gets, this game did it well. You had fairly low health that didn't regenerate the second the bullet stopped meaning that it was a necessity to use the system. The story was brilliantly told as well, in typical Mafia story style too. There is no overarching plot to the game, you merely play through Vito's life and I thought it was well thought out and constructed, far better than most other game's stories.

Even thought my laptop isn't supposed to play it, what with it being a 1.3Ghz laptop and a 2Ghz game, I stil bought it and played it for 57 hours in the space of a couple of weeks. You have to invest such vast amounts of time to your save to be built up into the Lord you aim to be. The amount of things you can do is wide, be it fighting bandits all day or trying to win over a lady by winning a tournament with only throwing spears. Then the game has a way of cutting through you skin and piercing your heart when you lose one battle and all your troops to a grouo of bandits, forcing you to start your army from the bottom up again. But, after a cooling period, you always go back and raise that army.

The setting is one of the best I have seen in a game in a long time. The game was also one of the few that posed a challenge in getting to the mission and back from the mission, many games made it far too easy. Because I played AC2 first, I missed the secind assassin blade, but looking back, I see that it was actually better. The single blade made it so that you had to pick the better target and work out how you would kill the other, it added a little more difficulty to the game. I didn't even mind the ending, mainly because I played AC2 first, I thought it went well with the overarching story of the Ones Who Came Before. I just really fucking love the game.

This game threw me into the world of the RPG and Bethesda's take on them. I had never really played much of an RPG before, but this one really sold them for me. I was enthralled in a story that was not only exciting to play but also raised a few questions about what I wanted to do. After leaving tat doctor's strange world and doing his bidding, I was severely disappointed in myself when my dad told me off, in-game of course. Aside from the story, there were many side quests that I enjoyed doing, whether it was for money or for fun, I just couldn't get enough of the side quests. To this date, it's the only game I have all the DLC for. I don't know where I would be without this game.

[li] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[/li]
[li] GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas[/li]
[li] Fallout New Vegas[/li]
[li] Rome Total War[/li]
[li] LA Noire[/li]
[li] Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Striked Back[/li]
[li] Spyro the Dragon[/li]
[li] Assassin's Creed Brotherhood[/li]
[li] Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War[/li]
[li] Company of Heroes[/li]
[li] Stronghold[/li]
[li] Star Wars Battlefront 2[/li]

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Dragon Age II
Mirror's Edge
The Longest Journey
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
- ESIV:Oblivion
- Shogun 2
- Arkham Asylum
-The Assassin's Creed Trilogy
- Okami

- Shadow Of The Colossus
- Timesplitters: Future Perfect
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent
- Team Fortress 2
- Portal
- SW: KOTOR
- Psychonauts
- Ghost Master
- Divine Divinity
- Metal Gear Solid 4

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Someone's actually going to go through and count these? Very well then:
Knights of the Old Republic
Oblivion
Halo: Combat Evolved
Jade Empire
Red Dead Redemption

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Pokémon: Black/White (Newest generation is best)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Resident Evil 4
Dawn of War: Drak Crusade
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Emilin_Rose

Aug 8, 2009
NiGHTS into Dreams {Saturn)
Ocarina of Time {n64)
Starfox 64 {n64)
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness {PS2)
Pokemon Crystal/GSC {gbc)