The Second Nioh DLC, Defiant Honor, Launches in Two Weeks

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Second Nioh DLC, Defiant Honor, Launches in Two Weeks

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1417/1417858.jpgTwo weeks from tomorrow, you'll be able to check out the second DLC for Nioh.

Team Ninja has announced the release for the second Nioh DLC. Titled Defiant Honor, the DLC will take players to Osaka Castle. The description says that the DLC features "legendary warrior Sanada Yukimura, serving Tokugawa Ieyasu's archenemy Toyotomi clan, who values honor above all else. As tensions brew between the Tokugawa and Toyotomi clans, Sanada Yukimura prepares his men for imminent conflict against the Tokugawa's forces by building a stronghold called the Sanada Maru on the outskirts of the Osaka Castle. With the castle fortified, Tokugawa's forces were faced with a difficult and bloody challenge."

Also included in the DLC is a new weapon, the Tonfa, new armor, new magic items, guardian spirits, and brand new Yokai and enemies. The DLC will also bring new difficulty levels and trophies, new stages and sub-missions, and more.

If you're interested in checking it out, Defiant Honor will be available on the PlayStation Store on July 25, and will run you $9.99. If you own the Nioh season pass, this DLC is included and won't cost you a dime.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I...need to actually play Nioh...I bought it, got past the starting area...then stopped.

I want to see what else they took from Samurai Warriors. I cant wait to see how Yukimura looks.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Saelune said:
I...need to actually play Nioh...I bought it, got past the starting area...then stopped.

I want to see what else they took from Samurai Warriors. I cant wait to see how Yukimura looks.
You totally should.

I believe I'm a member of the Tokugawa clan on my character, so I actually got some personal stake in this dlc, nice. It'll be nice to have a reason to play this again.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DeadProxy said:
Saelune said:

You totally should.

I believe I'm a member of the Tokugawa clan on my character, so I actually got some personal stake in this dlc, nice. It'll be nice to have a reason to play this again.
You can choose sides? Cause fuck Tokugawa.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Saelune said:
DeadProxy said:
Saelune said:

You totally should.

Eventually you reach a point where you can pick 1 of many clans to follow for a bonus of some kind, like 5% more currency or extra damage with certain weapons and other stuff, some really situational. If I'm remembering right, Tokugawa gives a bonus to dual sword damage and they've been my main weapons.

I should double check my clan and it's history, cause I know I did once but can't remember now, and am curious as to why Tokugawa should get fucked.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
DeadProxy said:
Saelune said:
DeadProxy said:
Saelune said:

You totally should.

Eventually you reach a point where you can pick 1 of many clans to follow for a bonus of some kind, like 5% more currency or extra damage with certain weapons and other stuff, some really situational. If I'm remembering right, Tokugawa gives a bonus to dual sword damage and they've been my main weapons.

I should double check my clan and it's history, cause I know I did once but can't remember now, and am curious as to why Tokugawa should get fucked.
Historically, Ieyasu, the head of the Tokugawa, I find to be a detestable person. A traitor and close-minded. Once he secured domination for his clan over Japan, Japan closed itself off and persecuted foreigners and Christians.

Jonbodhi

Sep 27, 2013
I just beat the second boss in Nioh after several dozen tries, and it's a superior game. I came to it straight from Bloodborne, and it's obvious that the game is heavily influenced influenced by the Soulsborne games. This is one of those games where you practically need a correspondence course to get all the subtleties, but it's been worth the effort.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Saelune said:

Whenever you don't know what to play next, do yourself a favour and play Nioh. It's pretty excellent and very Japanese.

There is one stage early on that sees a lot of people quit because it can be frustrating and just plain overwhelming. You'll know it once you see it. Don't give up. The game does drop hints and directions in cut scenes and dialogue.

There's still plenty of help available in the form of summons, and the good folks on wikis/YouTube/etc. have it all figured out for you by now, should you feel inclined to tap into the hive mind. If you want to explore and figure things out yourself, I think Nioh is currently one of the better titles to merrily spend some time with.

Some boss fights seem impossible. They're not. They can all be done legit, and most offer some form of cheese if that's an acceptable option for you.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
It remains correct as price, especially that the game is not bad. To see the lifetime of the DLC.