The sequel to the best game ever is about to come out.... and no one's noticed it.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Ya I belive ocarania of time holds that slot in the majority of top 10 lists therfore it is overall ranked 1 just saying :p games prolly up there tho

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
I googled it and on wikipedia it's described as an "erotic horror puzzle-platformer adventure video game". That was really enough to question whether I really wanted to know more about this game.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Eh???

Like most people have said, there has been plenty of coverage and a hell of alot of people are excited for this game. And yeh its not a sequel and I believe the gameplay is nothing like Persona 4.

Heat149

Mar 12, 2011
tzimize said:
Off topic but still:

Could someone tell me a bit about Persona? I've heard a lot about them but never played them myself.

Are they for extreme-anime fans only? Or are they actually good on a general basis and not just for anime-lovers? What kind of gameplay do they feature? What platform are they on? Are there similar games I might have played?

Thanks for any answers. I'll google them a bit too for good measure.
Alright, I'll answer these in order.
1) Persona is not a game specifically for anime fans, but it does help to be firmiliar with some anime traits (ei; japanese culture, ect). That being said, I know plenty of people who've never watched anime and still loved it.

2)Persona is an RPG that features Turn based strategy combat and exploration of a small japanese town. Alot of your time in the real world will consist of creating social links with other people to strengthen your ties with them, while in the alternate reality, you'll be doing all the combat.

3)As far as I know, ps2 exclusive. don't quote me to it.

4)I found persona to be alot like final fantasy as far as combat goes (health and mana bar, heal uo between fights, ect, ect.)

So, there you are, my favorite game of all time in a nut shell. Hope you get around to playing it.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Are you 12, and are you blind, plenty of coverage, but more to the point, a creepy sexualised JRPG type game getting ANY coverage in western media is kind of huge. Also, no need to taunt everybody into fanboy apocalypse by titling your game "The best game ever". I mean, for a moment I thought you meant a Thief sequel was coming out.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Heat149 said:
tzimize said:
Off topic but still:

Could someone tell me a bit about Persona? I've heard a lot about them but never played them myself.

Are they for extreme-anime fans only? Or are they actually good on a general basis and not just for anime-lovers? What kind of gameplay do they feature? What platform are they on? Are there similar games I might have played?

Thanks for any answers. I'll google them a bit too for good measure.
Alright, I'll answer these in order.
1) Persona is not a game specifically for anime fans, but it does help to be firmiliar with some anime traits (ei; japanese culture, ect). That being said, I know plenty of people who've never watched anime and still loved it.

2)Persona is an RPG that features Turn based strategy combat and exploration of a small japanese town. Alot of your time in the real world will consist of creating social links with other people to strengthen your ties with them, while in the alternate reality, you'll be doing all the combat.

3)As far as I know, ps2 exclusive. don't quote me to it.

4)I found persona to be alot like final fantasy as far as combat goes (health and mana bar, heal uo between fights, ect, ect.)

So, there you are, my favorite game of all time in a nut shell. Hope you get around to playing it.
Hmh. While I used to enjoy final fantasy type combat, I've grown a bit tired of it. The anime-style relationships also seem a bit silly to me at times, I've grown to love western RPGs more. That said I love a good story no matter what format it is in. Vivi from FF9 is still one of my favorite characters ever.

Thanks for the answer, I guess I'll try to look it up after my second Witcher 2 playthrough :p

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Looks like everything's been covered. Completely unconnected to Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. It's like the (current) Persona team's Maken X.

Did anyone else read the title and think this thread was going to be about Dark Souls?