The Seven Assassins (Fantasy RP)(Started, Closed)

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
"Uh, leezurd? You okay?" Felldryt asks as he pokes him. Not getting an answer, he pulls his blanket out and ties it around the lizard as best he can, thinking it might stop the flow of blood. With a shrug, he walks off to find more things to hit, since he didn't know what else to do.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Garrison #8A
Dareon woke with a start. Glancing over through the granite window, he witnessed the gleaming sun rise slowly over the horizon.
Reluctantly, he moved from his featherbed. It was too luxurious for him. Normally featherbeds would be suited to politicians and nobles. Even though Dareon could well be promoted, the upgrade in quarters seemed a bit preemptive.

After dressing himself in his guard armour and breaking his fast, Dareon ventured out of the oddly well-kept garrison and headed for the Embassy Towers.

-------

Embassy Towers ''Six days since Idarion's death'' Tasina lamented, placing the piece of potato bread back onto her plate.
She was seated among several other officers and ambassadors.
''Well, five days and a night, and might I say it must have been hard to see him gutted in front of you.'' the black haired man leaned over, correcting her.
She shrugged him off shrewdly''I didn't care for him much, Aiden. And I'd watch your tongue, you don't speak to your superior in that manner''
Aiden slouched and smirked, gulping down some ale and then responding. ''I'm trying to help here, just ask me what you need and I'll get it for you''
Tasina glared at him ''I'm an Executor now, I TELL you what to do, I don't ask''
''You inherited a job, brilliant. Just remember though, many elected you simply because --assuming these killers don't get you next, you're old enough that these fools can take your place later on'' He told her condescendingly, adjusting his satin robe as he prepared to leave the table. ''Speaking of fools, I have business to attend. Fixing that wreak down in Southron. By the way, those mercenaries are demanding extra coin, just so you know.''

Tasina sighed, sitting there for a few moments to realise that she had business of her own.

-------

Garrison 8C
Telesse had been awake for some time, attempting to write a letter home about her situation, but seemed to have hit a block. After a few more minutes of pondering, she gave up, stuffing the parchment into her pocket and rattling those still in their straw beds.
''We're supposed to meet up with Dareon and the Executor at the Embassy towers, c'mon!'' she urged whatever was left of Dareon's recruits, leading the charge downstairs to breakfast.
The hall was crowded, and their group clearly didn't belong, but Telesse didn't care. Scoffing down some bread and bacon, she waited outside the garrison for the others, ready to set off towards the towers that loomed overhead.

Quintley

Jul 5, 2013
As the sunlight finally started creeping in through the window, Marlocke leaned back in his chair, massaging his shoulder. He'd been in his office for a few hours already - there was always work to be done, plus he didn't sleep as much as he did when he was younger. The report was almost finished now - he'd have his secretary check the figures again to be sure - and he had to meet Tasina and the others at the Embassy within the hour. Plenty of time.
The Inquisitor's office building wasn't very far from the Embassy towers. When he'd first got the position, Marlocke had managed to bribe and bully his way into getting one of the largest offices. The furnishings were expensive, but sparse - his desk dominated the room, surrounded by tables bearing neat stacks of notes. There was only one chair - he'd have another brought in if he was meeting a superior, but otherwise his 'guests' could stand. On the back wall, partly concealed from view by a bookcase, was a old portrait - a red-haired woman, richly dressed, holding a child. It was covered in dust - the cleaners had been told not to touch it. He didn't look at it any more.

Marlocke had absolutely refused to stay in the garrison with the rest of the group. He was used to staying away from home when working, but moving into a damned barracks with that pack of mercenaries and - he strongly suspected - criminals was going too far. He doubted his heart could take it. Or his remaining hair, for that matter.

He finished writing the day's instructions for his secretary, then locked up. Using his new cane for support, he set off for the Embassy towers.

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Groaning and sitting up in the bed he is in Rekta grabs his arm and feels that it has been healed, quite well in fact with just the smallest of twinges when flexed. Standing and stretching he checks himself over to see that many of the wounds are healed, including the through and through in his shoulder had also been healed but still pain when he lifts his hands.
This is some good healing.

Grabbing his bow and arrow and settling all of his gear on himself and look in the pouch of gold before putting it in his quiver, several coins missing. Walking out of the room and looking around he see he is in a nice hotel. Walking over to the person behind the bar i nod at him and tap his claws against the upright.

"where's the kitchen so i can get some grub."

the man points to a door behind and Rekta nods to him and walks back. Walking in and stepping around a bustling boy and walking slowly around the kitchen to get to the cook. Setting his claws on the cooks arm he stops him running off.

"I need 2 pounds of red meat and half a pound of mixed vegetables. I have already payed my time here so just hand it to me."

The cook looks at this short scaled thing standing next to him asking him for meat and greens.
"So much meat for such a little thing. You will get it, just stand and wait for a little to get this mess organized."

Rekta nods and steps back to against the wall and watch's the cook go about his business. Smiling at how he commands the kitchen he is happily surprised when the meat and greens are delivered to his hands in only a few minutes, instead of the half an hour it was expecting.
Nodding at the cook and stepping out the back door he digs his claws into the meat and rip a chunk off and pop it in his mouth as he walks around to the front of the hotel and looks at the name. Walking down the street listening to the people and catching tidbits of news of the fighting and any of the other things that have happened. Tearing pieces off of the meat and eating it, Rekta adds in some of the greens to even out what he is eating.

Finally finishing the last bites of meat as he gets to the site of the fight he looks around from outside and is surprised at the damage that had been done both to the tavern and the buildings around it.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
He was back in the cool air of the snowy plains. The heavenly smell of honey-basted coney croquettes wafted through the air. Kaddika began drooling, lifting one of the skewers up before his face, and took a huge bite-

''We're supposed to meet up with Dareon and the Executor at the Embassy towers, c'mon!''

The snow elf flipped out of his bed, teeth still clutching his hand. From beneath a tangle of sheets he caught a glimpse of Telesse vanishing into the hall. "W-wait! Already? I-I thought that was noon! Hey!"

Half-hopping, Kaddika madly attempting to separate himself from the bed while searching for his dress clothes. Some of his companions seemed to be stirring now. Rekta had already gathered his belongings and departed. The doctor was relieved to see the lizard was feeling ship-shape, a diagnosis he was quite confident in making if his patient's appetite was anything to go by. The dream returned to Kaddika then, and a few moments later, as he was observing the odd delicacies the chef considered meat being ladled to the rest of the garrison inhabitants, the elf regretted ever tasting something as delicious as his mother's honey croquettes.

He didn't give the detestable meat substitutes a second thought, grabbing instead a dry slice of bread and looking for the exit into the streets. Kaddika had difficulty making his way past the lines of guards waiting to break their fast, his diminutive stature drawing looks but not moving people. Some of the familiar faces grinned, slapping him a (a little too roughly, he felt) on the back as he passed. The social inequities were well worth the price of admission into the garrison, though.

The medical supply in the compound was astoundingly well-stocked. Not only was Inquisitor Marlocke able to get a proper cane, but the rest of their party healed up fairly nicely as a result of the wealth of equipment the party had access to. The resident medic kindly parted with a bundle of poultices, bandages, and salves. Kaddika noted with some pleasure that Dareon was even humble enough to slip the medic recompense under the table to hide his charity.

Speaking of whom, Kaddika caught a glimpse of Dareon's cohort, the merchant, waiting in the courtyard outside. Panting heavily, the snow elf managed to squeeze past two particularly foul-smelling men and into the fresh air of the courtyard where the merchant-girl awaited.

"No'by 'ere yek?" he asked, mouth full of bread. He blushed, swallowing it down, and nearly fell into a fit of choking as the stale loaf caught in his throat.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Felldryt woke up as refreshed as ever, mostly because he'd only sustained light injuries, and his natural healing had fixed him up quite fast. He thought about going back to the training room with the hopes of sparring some more, but for some reason the garrison had banned him from it. As he walked towards the door, he noticed an odd little elf choking, with the nice pretty merchant lady. Walking up behind the elf with a hardy slap to his back to help him.

"Don't die on the food! It's for eating, not killing!" Stopping himself for a second, he added, "Actually, I should really try to weaponise food... Bananas would be the ultimate weapon!"

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
After a week of casing the place, momentarily interrupted by the... least subtle assassination attempt in history, Marcelle - in full Scarlet Shadow gear - came to a mansion belonging to a wealthy merchant by the name of Anderis, who specialized in spell-books, and magical herbs and spices, ready to break in. She had been planning to rob this place about a week later, but the healing spells needed to erase her injuries and scars completely (though there was still the occasional sore spot) had set her back quite a bit, so... yeah... she needed to step up her plans a bit. Starting with Anderis' estate.

The red-cloaked thief checked her blank mask one last time, and made sure her red hood was where it needed to be. She didn't need any distinguishing features getting out. Especially not after having just made a new acquaintance within the ranks of the Inquisitors... a shaky one for the moment, but that could be improved as long as her double life didn't come out. Satisfied with the state of her gear, she reached into a pouch and pulled out some seeds. One of the first things the thief had noticed while casing this joint is that its outer walls were right next to one of the sanctioned 'plant zones'... they weren't really necessary for what she was about to do, but they did make her initial entry much more convenient. The Scarlet Shadow breathed a word onto each of the seeds, then tossed them into the patch of dirt between her and the wall. In a matter of seconds, the seeds sprouted into a tangle of vines that scaled the ornate brick wall, and embedded deep into it, providing the Scarlet Shadow with an easy way to ascend into the mansion's grounds.

She climbed up the wall, jumped down the other side, and silently stalked her way through the grounds, ducking from cover to cover, and making a mental note of the patrol routes of the... two guards on duty at the time. It wasn't exactly a challenge, but it they could still prove to be an annoying complication later on. Especially since the two guards were supplemented with four dogs each. Though even that wasn't too much of a challenge; she just cast a minor cantrip that made the air in an area smell like a ***** in heat lying on top of a pile of red meat... basically everything needed to distract them. And it worked.

The Scarlet Shadow made it into the mansion proper without further incident. No guards inside as far as she could tell, but it looked like most of the hallways had nightingale floors. So she cast a low-level levitation spell on herself so that she get across the floor without making any noise. She made her way to Anderis' bedroom, who was still fast asleep. Her spell gave out, and the floor was still a creaky bastard... so she simply moved whenever Anderis seemed to snore the loudest. Eventually, she made it to his jewelry box, gave its contents a cursory but expert glance, and took some of the choicer pieces out of it, while dumping Anderis' equivalent of spare change (twenty gold crowns) into her bag as well. Once it was full of loot, she snuck back out the way she came, and coming to the wall again, she climbed up a nearby tree, and jumped back into the streets.

Before leaving, she lit the vines she'd made earlier on fire, reducing them to ashes in a matter of minutes. Just to be sure, she cast a relatively simple mirror image spell that created several shadows of about the same dimensions as herself that ran in different directions while she made her own way back to her apartment between the merchant and port districts.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Embassy Towers - Executor's Office
Tasina reclined on the leather seat opposite the entrance, waiting patiently for her new workers. Glancing around the room, she pondered.
The cream carpet on the floor had been replaced with a crimson and navy one. Couldn't have a piece of Idarion sitting and judging her constantly.
In spite of the supposed trauma of seeing her superior murdered, Tasina rejected taking the Executor's office. So now her office had a new label slapped on it, and the official office is being reserved, most likely for her inevitable replacement.

Unsurprisingly, Dareon was the first of the group up. ''Good morning'' he said politely. She merely shrugged. ''Where's the rest of your team? Do they even know that this is where we'll meet?''
Dareon held a blank expression for several seconds, before stumbling back behind the tall oaken doors. ''....I- I'll see them up''
Tasina grinned, ''Please do'' she stated, moving up from her seat to gaze out the window.

Embassy Towers - Ground Floor
Telesse greeted Dareon at the doorway, ''Ah, someone's early'' she said. ''Has anyone else arrived?''
Dareon looked out of the glass panels that served as walls on the ground floor. ''No, but I can only hope they'll come soon. The Executor doesn't like to be kept waiting.''

booksv2

Aug 17, 2012
Walking around the ruins of the battle that had put him down for so long Rekta kicks over some of the smaller rubble. Turning after a few minutes of contemplation on what had happened the week before and the gold that had been showed around just before the fighting started.

Turning around and this time walking purposefully back to the inn he had been in when he woke up he stopped several times to listen to the talk in the market place about a robbery in some rich mans home. Smiling slightly at that thought he quickly makes it back to the inn and starts wondering how he is to get in touch with the group that had been joining at the tavern when a boy runs up to him and hands him a scrape of paper.

Taking it carefully to not rip it in his claw's as he unfolds it and reads the small note written there.
note to Rekta said:
The group you joined at the Kingsbury tavern is meeting at the Embassy towers now. Come quickly.
Looking up for the boy who had dropped it off he finds he has ran off to who knows where. Sighing softly and walking inside the inn he grabs the arm of the owner and holds up the paper.
"I need to get to the embassy towers, quickly. Whats the fastest way to get there from here?"

The man looks at the note for a second before pointing down the street.
"head down the street and turn left at the butchers. Keep walking down that road for a few minute and you'll see a barbers with a cracked pole, turn right there and it'll be right in front of you when you've talked down that a bit."

Nodding in thanks Rekta walks out of the inn and heads down the street. Easily finding the butchers and walking quickly down that next street he almost passes the barbers with the crack in the pole. Stopping for a few seconds to look around and make sure he can find is way back to here he goes right and jogs easily down that road until he finds the Towers. Stopping at the gate he looks up at it before stepping inside the doors and looking around. Catching sight of some people he remembers from the tavern before everything went to hell he walks over.
"I'm here. What is this meeting about? Were we not hired at the tavern before it was attacked?"

Quintley

Jul 5, 2013
Marlocke spotted Dareon standing in the entrance to the embassy with some of his rabble. Catching Dareon's eye, he nodded in acknowledgment, then headed up the stairs. He knew where Tasina's office was, no point waiting around. Besides, he might be able to have a quick word with her.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Tasina was gazing out her new, large window. The previous one had been destroyed by an assassin bursting through it, though Tasina didn't mind it. Hopefully this posture will get across to Dareon's lackeys what type of boss she'll be. That's when she heard her door creak open. ''What is it?'' she ordered towards the door.

Quintley

Jul 5, 2013
Marlocke snapped the door shut behind him. "Good morning, Tasina. Excuse me, Executor," he said smoothly.
Her office looked different from how he'd remembered. Was that a new carpet?
"I'll get straight to the point. I was under the impression that this...investigation would be a well-planned, low-risk operation in a group of trained professionals. And yet, last week we were totally disorganised and considerably outnumbered, not to mention the docks nearly burned down."
He paced across the room. Yes, it is a new carpet. I wonder how red and navy would look in my office...
"Either you have seriously underestimated this band of assassins, Tasina, or there is something you are not telling me. Us, I mean."

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Hrothius looked at himself in the mirror as he sat down on his bed in a lavish apartment. "You come all the way for what? To get drunk off your ass and pass out before you even land one blow. What is wrong with you?" Hrothius sighed and put his head in his hands. Through his fingers he saw a piece of paper by the door. He stood up and walked to the door flipping it over. "The Towers? They still want me after that debacle?... Why wouldn't they want me? I'm the king of the gladiators. The myth, the legend, the Phenom. One little accident wouldn't change that! Would it? No. No... It wouldn't." He climbed back into his uniformed and headed into Embassy towers. He was far more sober than he would have liked, but he didn't want to be too late. He stepped through the front door saying, " Do not worry, your hero has arrived."

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
"Either you have seriously underestimated this band of assassins, Tasina, or there is something you are not telling me. Us, I mean."
''I would be disappointed if you didn't suspect anything.'' she said, moving away from the window towards her desk.
''However, its Dareon that will be leading this mission, I'll just be... steering you all in the right direction.''
She leaned down, pulling out a small book and sat down.
''I won't deny that some of the group is inept, I Bet the only reason the Fairy's still around is because cannon fodder's hard to come by, but like you said, these Assassins are skilled, and better to bring in foreign talent than to people our enemies may already own.''
Tasina then whipped out a quill. It would be smart to note down what is left of Dareon's entourage.
''Also, none of you seemed to be prepared for Port Neven burning. Neither was I, but you're in no position to argue that point, you weren't the one we had to fish out of the bay but from what I saw not a single mercenary came at you.''

" Do not worry, your hero has arrived." Telesse grimaced. He didn't seem real, like he was putting on a show for everyone. Regardless, this man was a partner, and she had no say in who was in the group.
Luckily, Dareon seemed to make the first move, trailing his crimson uniform behind him.
''Welcome, it seems you got my message. We never truly introduced ourselves. My name is Dareon.'' he told the burly gladiator, stretching out his hand and smiling.

Quintley

Jul 5, 2013
"...from what I saw not a single mercenary came at you."

Marlocke scowled. I didn't need a bloody walking stick last time I saw you...

"Cannon fodder. Fine. Just you remember, Executor, some of us aren't so...expendable."

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Kaddika was out of breath. He'd somehow lost Telesse in the pedestrian traffic and ended up passing the front doors of the Embassy Towers entirely. After a few minutes of running, he caught a glimpse of Dareon and the rest of the group through the glass front and entered, relieved. It looked like the Hrothius and Dareon were already mingling.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
Dareon surveyed his surroundings, and then decided whoever would arrive already has. ''Best not keep the Executor waiting'' he told the group. Tasina wanted him to refer to her with her title when with the group. It was meant to assert rank or something, but it felt odd.

After a several floors of stairs, the group finally arrived outside the Executor's office.
After opening the double doors slowly, Dareon cleared his throat to announce his presence. ''Executor, this is the team assembled for the mission, I hope it is up to standard.'' At the very least his courtesies will not leave her berating him later.
The Executor sat several metres away on the other side of the room, with Inquisitor Marlocke being seated on the right side of the room, adjacent one of the marble pillars that flanked Tasina's desk.
''Ah, so this is your squad.'' The Executor stated, glancing up occasionally, each time at a different face, before noting something down in her journal.

After several awkward moments, the Executor placed her quill onto the desk, and picked up a few papers.
''These are your leads for the Assassins. Choose one. Or two, its your team.''

Among the pages were 3 separate tasks, each in different locations and all suspect to Assassin interference.

1) Port Neven : Investigate any leads that may be drawn from this attack on the docks. Evidence may be found in some of the shipwreakage.

2) Southron Bridge : Investigate any leads that may be drawn from the destruction of the bridge. The disruption of trade has benefited and ruined many.

3) Mercenary Army : Investigate any traces of corruption within this group. Anything from prior knowledge of attacks to tangential information would be appreciated.

Dareon took a moment, and then passed the pages around the group. ''If you can read it, what do you think?'' he asked, knowing that literacy was far from unanimous amongst outsiders.

Josh123914

Nov 17, 2009
After several minutes of haggling, the group agreed on the bridge.

By the time they reached Southron, the sun was high in the sky and the marketplaces were bustling. A barrier had been set up at Southron's gates, and the ports were busier than ever due to the new traffic.

Dareon arrived at the area where the city's walls ended and the bridge began. Two guards stood on opposite sides of the wall.
''We have business here, investigating the bridge's collapse''
''You're not the first'' the guard remarked, and allowed them to pass.

It had been several days since the fight here, and the forts, storage rooms and equipment had been picked clean. All that was left untouched from other investigations was what lay underwater, and the chunks of the stone bridge that had collapsed.
''You'd think that the first place they'd look was at the collapsed sections'' Telesse mumbled. Dareon looked down at her, ''I don't think salvaging chunks of stone from The Bay would be anyone's top priority''

The bridge had collapsed at 3 sections. First, 50 metres in front of them, near one of the bridge's many pillars. The second was nearly 2 kilometres into the bay, only a sliver of the 10 metre wide behemoth remained, leading many to abandon their wares and oxcarts to get back to solid land. The final blast apparently happened on the mainland, where the bridge met with the continent of Sul. From what they've heard, the blast submerged the first few metres of the bridge, swamping it in muddy sand. That was outside of their jurisdiction thankfully.
Dareon gave a loud sigh. ''Where to start?'' he asked.

''I think might be useful.'' said an old, frail man with a walking stick and a grey set of armour. ''Name's Brady, how can I help?''

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Felldryt, after wandering off to go see if he could find something shiny, returned to see the other's gone. But all was not lost! There was a guard, right there! "Hey! Mr. Guard! Where'd Dehrion go?"

The guard, not quite sure if the little thing meant Dareon or not, just assumed that he did. "He went to the Executor's office with the rest of the group."

"Thanks!" And with that, Felldryt ran inside, and then proceeded to get lost somewhere inside. After having to ask random attendants about six or so times, he finally made it to the room.

Once there, the guard standing outside the door looked at him strangely. "Didn't your group just leave to go to the Southron Bridge?"

"What! I missed them again! D'arvit!" Turning on heel, he ran off back to the stairs, hurtling himself down them in hopes that he could go fast enough to catch up with the group! He really wanted to talk to them, and there was the pretty lady and the funny looking elf that he hadn't questioned yet!

Quintley

Jul 5, 2013
Marlocke peered out across the bay, following the destruction of the bridge. "You say it collapsed on the mainland as well?"
The bridge was far too sturdy for anything except some serious sabotage to cause this much damage. It would've taken a lot of explosives. That or magic. Perhaps both.

He looked at Brady and the other guards, raising an eyebrow.
"Tell me, would it be able for these saboteurs to set up explosives on the bridge without anybody noticing?"