The Sexual Awakening of Ness in EarthBound

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
LenticularHomicide said:
It was a murder scene, which the young Itoi mistook for a rape scene. (To be fair, the scene was of a woman being laid down in hay (no, not that way, you perv) and strangled, so...)
Which is weird, because usually it's the other way around - a kid sees people having sex and mistakes it for violence because he's only familiar with the latter.

On the other hand... Japan.

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
I do wonder if Yahtzee's mother's maiden name wasn't Freud...

On a side note, Aw yeah, Sigmen Floyd!

I'm the only one who gets that joke.

Captcha: Hover Hand. I wonder what Yahtzee has to say about that.

Holythirteen

Mar 1, 2013
I think Yahtzee needs professional help. And not the kind with a degree nailed to the wall.

Or is he making fun of the game theory guy?

Anyways, I always felt that these interpretations of Nintendo's stories always gave them too much credit.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
A timeless lesson for us all, I think. In next week's lesson, we discuss how much the Death Star looks like a tit.
Epic final line that pretty much ended any serious introspection.

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013

*Clap...clap...clap*

There is nothing to be said.

That, whatever it was, was masterfully done. And I applaud you for not only the execution, but for how this has actually put a lot of events in the game into perspective. Not sure if it's the...direction the creators were necessarily intending, but hell if it isn't one hell of an interpretation just by itself.

Kudos, Yahtzee. Kudos.

Jorpho

Nov 6, 2008
Oh, we can certainly keep going with this if you don't mind venturing into spoiler territory. What about the symbolism in Magicant? The Flying Men? The battles with the French Kiss of Death? The nudity censored in the US version?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
CaitSeith said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
A timeless lesson for us all, I think. In next week's lesson, we discuss how much the Death Star looks like a tit.
Epic final line that pretty much ended any serious introspection.
I think that may be a hint that tomorrow brings us another retro-review, and it's one of the classic STAR WARS games.

Mexen

Jan 5, 2014
" Tellingly, his weapon of
choice, from the very beginning, is a baseball bat.
That long, curved, flesh-colored object best
known for firing little white spheroids into the
waiting grasp of a leathery mitt."

LOL. And may require a firm grip during use.

VileTerror

Dec 22, 2010
I'm kind of hoping Yahtzee was just taking the piss in this article. That, or he hasn't had a good wank in a long time and this was what ended up happening from all that pent-up energy.

and BloodRed Pixel wins the prize for Best Slip with that K turned in to a GY.