The Shivering Isles hate me!

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
So I just got the oblivion expansion pack for Christmas. I got the shivering isles expansion as well as knights of the nine on the same disk. I put them in my xbox,I do what it says in the manual. I selected to download both the expansions and then read a book while they downloaded(It by Stephen King). After they've finished installing it says to take out the shivering isles and start playing with the normal Oblivion disk. It also says to wait for an entire game day(but you can use rest to get through it quickly)then the new quests will start. I opened up my usual save file and used rest to get through a game day. No new quests started at all! Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone know how to get it to work?

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
I got it off of LIVE when I first got the game, so I don't know what the problem is. One thing you could try is starting a new game and see if you get it after you get outside.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
See if there's anything interesting east off the coast of Bravil. If not, the expansion isn't enabled for some reason.

You're not actually missing any quests by skipping to that, just a reminder to head down there.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
geldonyetich said:
See if there's anything interesting east off the coast of Bravil. If not, the expansion isn't enabled for some reason.

You're not actually missing any quests by skipping to that, just a reminder to head down there.
Oh I thought the door didnt open until the quest marker popped up. I cant go on right know but I'll take a look next time I can get on. Thanks.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Goddammit! I searched all around Bravil and Leyawin and didnt find a thing! I've reinstalled the expansion about 5 times and still I have nothing.

Ardus_Virgo

Aug 11, 2008
Cahlee said:
All I can say.. That sucks!
[sarcasm]wow, that was so helpful it put shame to jesus.[/sarcasm]

anyway, You should contact the company in which it was ordered from to see if they can help you out.

Cahlee

Aug 21, 2008
Ardus_Virgo said:
Cahlee said:
All I can say.. That sucks!
[sarcasm]wow, that was so helpful it put shame to jesus.[/sarcasm]

anyway, You should contact the company in which it was ordered from to see if they can help you out.
I sometimes forget how some members can be quite horrible and unjustly assholes on the escapist. Thankyou for reminding me with such eloquence.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I took qbert4evers advice and started a new file. I got through the dungeon but still no new quests came up and the door still isnt there. I guess I will have to live with the fact that I will never enter The Shivering Isles.

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
I got the Game of the Year addition when it came out. I installed it and it said all the same things you have described. You might have to wait, as in-game wait, versus resting, I don't know. That's what I did to get the quest pop-up, one for Knights of the Nine, and the other for Shivering Isles. I don't know if there is a difference in between waiting and resting, but I guess it could be worth a try.
If that doesn't work, all I can suggest is just trade it in for another, or you can trade in your Oblivion disc and your expansion disc for Game of the Year addition (with some cash).

ThePoodonkis

Apr 22, 2008
When I did this, waiting didn't do it. I had to play 24 in-game hours for the quest to appear.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, you may want to check troubleshooting tips or call someone at Bethesda.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
I waited for a game day. Actually I waited two game days to be sure. Still nothing. But! Not only cant I access the shivering isles or the knights of the nine quests,its actually fucked up the original game as well! Now everything takes at least a minute to load! I actually had to start reading a book because it took about 5 minutes to load the Anvil mages guild! I am fucking pissed off!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Have you got the latest update? Either way, you might have to clear your cache and re-update. No idea why but I've had to do that several times when it's refused to load up the downloaded content.

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
thecaptainof said:
Have you got the latest update? Either way, you might have to clear your cache and re-update. No idea why but I've had to do that several times when it's refused to load up the downloaded content.
He is using a 360 so no go on the clearing the cache. :p

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Rajin Cajun said:
thecaptainof said:
He is using a 360 so no go on the clearing the cache. :p
Er, yeah, so am I. The 360 has a cache, it holds the automatic updates that you get when you start up a game that's been patched since release. You can clear it if you're having problems. Like this one. Google something like "clear 360 cache" if you want to find out how it's done.