The Simpsons Get Even Yellow-er With Official LEGO Set

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Simpsons Get Even Yellow-er With Official LEGO Set

The first official LEGO Simpsons set will be the family's iconic house.

The Simpsons are yellow. LEGO people are also yellow. Its a mystery why it took people so long to put two and two together, but now, Eurobrick member Carlos S [http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85449&st=650#entry1782844] has spilled the beans on the first official LEGO Simpsons set. Only this single image of the box has been leaked so far, but from what we can gather, it will be the family's iconic house, containing 2523 pieces and six minifigures including the full family plus Flanders.

Check out the leaked image below (click to enlarge):

[http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/657/657487.jpg]

From the looks of things, the house will open up, revealing all of the rooms inside, including a garage that comes with Homer's pink sedan. The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).

It was previously revealed that as well as several LEGO Simpsons sets, a LEGO Simpsons TV show is also in production [http://www.fbtb.net/2013/09/17/lego-simpsons-tv-show-announced/] for this year.

I haven't really payed attention to The Simpsons for the last ten seasons or so, but if good sales of these sets lead to them creating official LEGO Futurama sets, then they can shut up and take my money.

Source: Eurobrick [http://lego.gizmodo.com/the-first-lego-simpsons-set-is-their-house-and-its-awe-1495090699/@lukeplunkett]

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).
...is that a gun?

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Thought I was done buying Lego sets foe myself, shows how much I know. Though let's face it, this has been coming for quite a while, i mean what product haven't gotten some sort of Simpsons related theme yet?

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Those head designs are freeaky. ._. Couldn't they have, y'know, painted on some of the details instead of making them actual details?

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Dr.Awkward said:
Those head designs are freeaky. ._. Couldn't they have, y'know, painted on some of the details instead of making them actual details?
I agree. Custom minifigures have gone so far, to the point where they don't even look like minifigures anymore. They just look like toys.

Look at the Batman, Indiana Jones or Star Wars universe characters compared to say, the Simpsons, Toy Story and Spongebob.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Not going to lie. This looks fucking awesome. I might have to get this--uh, for my kid. Yeah.

Product Placement said:
...is that a gun?
It does look suspiciously like a full size Mini or Micro Uzi.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Product Placement said:
Steven Bogos said:
The Simpsons pets Snowball and Santa's Little Helper appear in the art at the top of the box, but don't seem to be in the set anywhere (unless Snowball is the black thing Maggie is holding).
...is that a gun?
Considering the running joke around Maggie ever since "Who Shot Mr. Burns", I like to think it is.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Does... does this mean we might get a LEGO Simpsons game at some point in the future?

That would be pretty cool.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
the fuck? So, FIREFLY is too adult for Lego, but the SIMPSONS gets a green light?

The show that has an unrepentant alcoholic hero?
That celebrates the insane and violent acts of destruction of its cast?
That promotes JAZZ?!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Product Placement said:
Steven Bogos said:
...is that a gun?
or maybe a drill, though im pretty sure both are play on jokes from the show.

Dr.Awkward said:
Reminds me of hit and run character designs.

I think my favorite part of the set is they include the uranium bar up there. I also hope if they make more the next few sets are Moe's tavern, Krusty Burger and/or tv show stage, Kwik-E-Mart, The Nuclear Power Plant, and/or the school.

... and that they make a dome set if they make enough town pieces.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Someone is going to make a true-to-form Simpson's introduction animation with Legos. I just know it.

That's assuming it hasn't been done yet.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not Matt said:
Thought I was done buying Lego sets foe myself, shows how much I know. Though let's face it, this has been coming for quite a while, i mean what product haven't gotten some sort of Simpsons related theme yet?
Or, for that matter, what hasn't got a custom lego set?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FizzyIzze said:
It does look suspiciously like a full size Mini or Micro Uzi.
or maybe a drill, though im pretty sure both are play on jokes from the show.[/quote]

My thought was the nailgun she used on Homer, though a drill would also fit. Possibly better.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
I'll totally agree that I'd much rather have (and throw money at) a Futurama set. One with Bender, Fry, Leela, The Professor, [Dr.] Zoidburg, and Nibbler. Put them all in a box with the Planet Express ship and building and you've got a sale (as long as it's south of $500 bones).

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Dr.Awkward said:
I agree. Custom minifigures have gone so far, to the point where they don't even look like minifigures anymore. They just look like toys.

Look at the Batman, Indiana Jones or Star Wars universe characters compared to say, the Simpsons, Toy Story and Spongebob.
But... I thought they were toys...

Dear God, my life has been a lie!! D:

Seriously though, I get what you're saying. They certainly stand out amongst other minifigures.

Kmadden2004 said:
Does... does this mean we might get a LEGO Simpsons game at some point in the future?

That would be pretty cool.
That would be pretty interesting. The show has a shit ton of characters, and the Lego games do allow you a wide variety of characters to play as. So a LEGO Simspons game would be kinda cool.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
8-Bit_Jack said:
the fuck? So, FIREFLY is too adult for Lego, but the SIMPSONS gets a green light?

The show that has an unrepentant alcoholic hero?
That celebrates the insane and violent acts of destruction of its cast?
That promotes JAZZ?!
Don't forget that they also made Indiana Jones, The Hobbit and Lord of the Ring films into Legos.

Steven Bogos said:
The Simpsons are yellow. LEGO people are also yellow.
I don't think that Lego people have been yellow since... whenever Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban came out or so.