The Sims 4 Releasing on September 2nd - Update

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
MinionJoe said:
*holds envelope to forehead*

What requires Origin to run and will have over $500 in DLC before it is "complete"?

*opens envelope*

Every 2015 EA game.
Huzzah, you win a prize!
What is it?
Two dollars of Origin credits!

Hey ho, take what you want and don't buy the rest (this is not an advert for piracy, just saying you don't have to buy all the DLC!)

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
MinionJoe said:
*holds envelope to forehead*

What requires Origin to run and will have over $500 in DLC before it is "complete"?

*opens envelope*

Every EA game.
Fixed that for you.

I am excited for the next Sims game. Maybe that's just me.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
MinionJoe said:
Then again, I played most of those games on a Tandy 1000...
Ah, the glory days...back when we only had to worry about if our video adapter was CGA, EGA, or VGA...

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Some of the features in this one look genuinely cool...

It's a shame that some of the stuff that was in expansions last time around will inevitably also be expansions for this installment. Arbitrarily, at that.

"Want a hot tub? Ha ha! Screw you! Pay $40 for the Late Night expansion!"

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Mahorfeus said:
Some of the features in this one look genuinely cool...

It's a shame that some of the stuff that was in expansions last time around will inevitably also be expansions for this installment. Arbitrarily, at that.

"Want a hot tub? Ha ha! Screw you! Pay $40 for the Late Night expansion!"
"Weather? What is this weather you speak of? Pay $40 or else prepare for more endless dry sunny days than California during a drought"

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
MarsAtlas said:
kajinking said:
"Weather? What is this weather you speak of? Pay $40 or else prepare for more endless dry sunny days than California during a drought"
Funnily enough, I don't think weather effects actually existed in The Sims until they introduced it, via DLC, in The Sims 3.
No, every sims game had a "seasons" weather expansion. And yes, it sucked to have a $40 expansion just to make it rain.

However, I'll be honest, I'm really excited for this. The Sims remains the only EA game I buy and I am really looking forward to this game. I'm loving character creation and build mode improvements. Although, laughing to death is here? Really? Eh, oh well.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
So basically nothing new aside from minor visual and animation updates. This whole emotion system doesn't strike me as anything different from what was already in Sims 3. Maybe it's just the kind of gamer I am but I never was interested in "telling a story" with my sims. And as we all know EA is going to lock off most of the content in overpriced DLC. Most of the Sims 3 DLC (when not specifically on sale at the moment) is STILL going for $30 a pop. Fuck you, EA. Fuck you.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
xaszatm said:
MarsAtlas said:
kajinking said:
Funnily enough, I don't think weather effects actually existed in The Sims until they introduced it, via DLC, in The Sims 3.
No, every sims game had a "seasons" weather expansion. And yes, it sucked to have a $40 expansion just to make it rain.

However, I'll be honest, I'm really excited for this. The Sims remains the only EA game I buy and I am really looking forward to this game. I'm loving character creation and build mode improvements. Although, laughing to death is here? Really? Eh, oh well.
Hem... uhh hi *waves* still play the sims 1 series here (you know from before ea was evil and you could pick up the game + expansions for $100 and dident have any micro transactions) the sims 1 does not have weather expansions , the only "weather" expansion as such could be considered as the sims vacation pack which added 3 snow lots but it did not actualy snow , the ground was just white and objects had snow on them.

and yes rely i still play the sims 1 , got it working just fine on windows 7 X64 i love that game far more than the later money hungry iterations .

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
RedBackDragon said:
xaszatm said:
MarsAtlas said:
kajinking said:

Hem... uhh hi *waves* still play the sims 1 series here (you know from before ea was evil and you could pick up the game + expansions for $100 and dident have any micro transactions) the sims 1 does not have weather expansions , the only "weather" expansion as such could be considered as the sims vacation pack which added 3 snow lots but it did not actualy snow , the ground was just white and objects had snow on them.

and yes rely i still play the sims 1 , got it working just fine on windows 7 X64 i love that game far more than the later money hungry iterations .
Whoops, you're right. I guess I'm confusing the Living Large expansion for an actual weather expansion. I forgot that there was no weather in the Sims 1. Thanks for the correction. Still makes no sense why Sims 3 needed a weather expansion after Sims 2 though (and Pets, and Downtown, and Colleges, and...)

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
xaszatm said:
Whoops, you're right. I guess I'm confusing the Living Large expansion for an actual weather expansion. I forgot that there was no weather in the Sims 1. Thanks for the correction. Still makes no sense why Sims 3 needed a weather expansion after Sims 2 though (and Pets, and Downtown, and Colleges, and...)
too right there, the only way i can understand it is from the perspective of makeing alot of money it seems like ea gets away with murder sometimes.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
xaszatm said:
RedBackDragon said:
xaszatm said:
MarsAtlas said:
kajinking said:

I truly didn't care about downtown, college, even night life stuff. However the fact that pets don't ship with the base product is the most infuriating thing. Why oh why can't my Sim start life with a adorable little pooch/kitten? Why do I need to spend 40 dollars to actually have a dog. Its messed up man.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
RedBackDragon said:
xaszatm said:
too right there, the only way i can understand it is from the perspective of makeing alot of money it seems like ea gets away with murder sometimes.
Like, some of the Sims 3 Expansion repeats made sense like World Adventures compared to the Sims 2 Bon Voyage as it greatly expanded the concept. But Late Night, Pets, and Seasons really were just stupid for expansions especially since there wasn't a need to create a whole new sub-neighborhood for those features.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
shintakie10 said:
. Why oh why can't my Sim start life with a adorable little pooch/kitten? Why do I need to spend 40 dollars to actually have a dog. Its messed up man.
mmmhm , again especially considering that the sims 1 had pets way back in the day it cant be like they dident think of it or somehow improved upon pets.

xaszatm said:
Like, some of the Sims 3 Expansion repeats made sense like World Adventures compared to the Sims 2 Bon Voyage as it greatly expanded the concept. But Late Night, Pets, and Seasons really were just stupid for expansions especially since there wasn't a need to create a whole new sub-neighborhood for those features.
and for the cost ... i mean come on charging money for features that should ship with the base game.

elevators for instance... come the heck on why are elevators DLC...

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think there is too much I can say that hasn't already been said. Quite frankly, this looks only slightly better than the Sims 3. Infact, I think the only thing this truly signifies is the End of the expansion packs for the Sims 3.

Calling it now: Give the Sims 4 maybe 10-20 more expansions, and once the Sims 5 comes out, you'll know when they've finished it. Maybe that might be when I decide to buy into EA, and only once the game+ expansions are on sale somewhere, because I tried "playing this game" with the Sims 2. Not falling for it again.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Sims 4 Releasing on September 2nd - Update

The Sims 4 will allow players to import their friend's Sim into their own games.

Read Full Article