The Sims 4 Won't Have Pools, Toddlers

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Sims 4 Won't Have Pools, Toddlers

Maxis says that it will be excluding toddlers and pools from The Sims 4 because "it's not possible" to include "every single feature" from previous games.

The Sims 4 could be the first game in the series where you can't drown your unwanted Sims in a ladder-less pool. That, at least, was the indication of <a href=http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more>a recent blog post on The Sims official website which revealed that the game won't be launching with pools or toddler aged Sims as gameplay options. According to the posting, these exclusions are merely a casualty of the development process.

"It's not possible for us to include every single feature and piece of content we added to The Sims 3 over the last five years," said the post. "We recognize that some of you will be disappointed that pools and toddlers won't be available when The Sims 4 Base Game launches in September, you should know that we're building an incredibly strong foundation that is capable of fulfilling every one of your desires in the years to come."

Predictably, this news has sparked an outrage among The Sims fanbase which has enjoyed toddlers since The Sims 2 and used pools as a method of Sim murder since the very first game. In turn, angered gamers have created a petition at <a href=http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game>Change.org to try and convince EA and Maxis to change their minds and make sure the base game includes these feature.

Source: <a href=http://www.thesims.com/news/neighborhoods-weird-moments-and-more>The Sims

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Oh please, I don't even play the Sims but excluding pools? like really? that is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

They have 3 game's and a billion expansion pack's worth of pool assets but they don't have the time to add them in?

Sounds more like "We are purposefully excluding these features, that everyone would expect because they've been in all the other games, which are also extremely easy to add-in and take almost no resources at all, so that we can release a $40 expansion pack 6 months after launch that will add pools and toddlers... we'll call it 'The Water-birth expansion pack'"

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
"It's not possible for us to include every single feature and piece of content we added to The Sims 3 over the last five years,"
I'm pretty sure in the age of digital downloads and patches, yes it is possible. I'm also fairly certain they've done so for the past few games.

Mik Sunrider

Dec 21, 2013
Ah, and here I though EA had learn their lesson about "cash grabs", silly, silly me. No pools, please. Maybe one decade, EA will finally shut down and someone new can get hold of Sims and make it worth playing again. Then again, maybe one day the sun will appear to raise in the West.

Guess which one is more likely.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
I can see it now: "Sims 5" will be nothing but a Character Creator that costs $59.99. The first expansion for the game will be "Sims 5 : Houses!" which will cost $39.99 and will include such features as "Build a home, like you could in every other Sims game, but give us more money for it!" and then they will come out with "Sims 5: Relationship Fun" for $49.99 and this one will read something like "Watch as your Sims interact with other Sim characters!".

See this is what happens when you let Maxis get away with stripping out content from each game and then revealing it later in expansion for huge prices. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that people actually BUY THESE EXPANSION PACKS! I'm pretty sure the Sims fan base is only like one hundred thousand people but each person is willing to shill out 500+ dollars for every single game plus the expansions, which is content that was included in the full version of the last iteration of the game. I think the fans of the Sims are getting exactly what they deserve for letting Maxis get away with such a horrendous business model. The best part is that everyone signing that petition and complaining are going to end up buying "The Sims 4" on day one regardless of what happens.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
So what I've learned these past few weeks is that women and pools are expensive game assets to make.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Perhaps its a cunning social experiment? Going on the idea that Sims players are the most sadistic bunch imaginable, they're going to release pools and toddlers as DLC so they can say "People are paying us money so they can drown children!"

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Hey guys, be fair. This is how the Sims has always worked!
The Sims 2 had most of the content that the Sims 3 has now, after a few years worth of overpriced addons.

Of course they want to cash in o DLC. But that is how this francise works and always has worked. If you are a sims-fan, then you are used to shill out hundred of dollars every few years for the priviledge of a slight graphics update.

gittonsxv

Mar 29, 2011
bullsh*t,
to buy sims 3 plus all dlc costs hundreds, during the steam sales to buy the game plus all dlc costs £164 so double that for normal price, i am sure they have enough money to add pools at the least...
oh but do not forget to buy the first of 2 dozen dlc packs coming out soon!..

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC.

Coming soon: The Sims 4 Female DLC! Because there weren't enough resources to put them in the main game!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
This is ridiculous. The series has lost all touch with reality now, they've been selling DLC packs for so long that the idea of 'doing a reasonable amount of work before release' has lost all meaning to them.

I mean swimming pools are one of the most basic things someone designing a dream house is going to want. At least toddlers take a lot of animating, but how weird is it going to be when you patch in a whole new stage of kids lives?

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Hey, on the bright side you can get toddlers and pools later down the line for two easy payments of $60 DLC.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
You know what is even more insane about how much of the content they plan to leave out and cash grab with DLC again? If you go to the Sims forums, you'd be surprised how many people there defend the "leave stuff out" approach. Saying, you can't have it all at once, its too much, you want to look forward to new things via DLC. As if they couldn't come up with more ideas. I am not sure if this is because the hardcore fans are hugely brainwashed by EA or if EA just posts in threads a lot.
Either way, I found it amusing.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That is PR speak for "You are buying all that shit extra suckers!", and if you have been playing Sims 3 for any length of time you already know this is how they do things.

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Sims 4 aka Pay to downgrade your game!

Here's hoping sim 4 runs smoother than 3

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
<Sarcastic-making-fun-of-EA-time

Other features that have sadly been scrapped due to time restraints:

- All hair except for 3 standard models
- All door types except that one that noone likes

Furthermore budgetary problems have resulted in pay-to-live fridge model inclusion: whenever your sim needs nourishment and uses the fridge, EA withdraws $0.50 from your bank account via the Sims 4: facebook app, which you have to register to if you want to play.

In order to combat piracy EA has decided to:

- Require a non-stop online connection
- Remove all funny clothes
- Remove toddlers because they might walk in on their sim-parents having sex and that's harmfull for their poor young minds.

Sarcastic-making-fun-of-EA-time/>