The single greatest piece of video game music

The_Vigilant

Jul 13, 2011
...and why it's Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. Discuss.

Nah, just kidding. What's your favorite individual song from an original video game soundtrack. You can only pick one. No ties. I know it's hard.

I have to go with the Morrowind theme.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
There are a lot of really really really good pieces of game music.
It's impossible to just pick one out of game's history but... one that I always use as a perfect example of how good gaming's music can be is this...

It's not the best... but it's up there. <.<

kaioshade

Apr 10, 2011
Nier - The Wretched Automatons

Something about this song i just absolutely adore. I can listen to it almost nonstop and not get sick of it. Which i usually play it a few times a day. My GF is about ready to murder me about now.

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c

Ezio's family: Gives me freaking goosebumps every time I hear it.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMScp_VLULQ&feature=related

The Bunker from Splinter Cell Conviction. It's such a badass theme when you're blasting through the Yastreb Complex offices, taking fire from every direction but still kicking ass. Hell, listen to the rest of the soundtrack. The entire game has the best soundtrack I've ever heard.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
You know what? I'm tired of harvesting Youtube ids for everything Shoji Meguro has ever composed. Just pretend I posted the Prayer for Everyone's Souls or something.

Instead, have some trivia. Did you know Laharl has the same seiyuu as Marona from Phantom Brave and Miyako from Hidamari Sketch? Did you know it's impossible to unhear?
Trivia!

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Any answer other than this is... Well, I would disagree with you.

Seriously, there's so much going on in this 4 minutes its incredible.

Febel

Jul 16, 2010
This, because it's awesome and because it's spawned dozens of remixes that are frickin' amazing. Like these

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Oh god... See, after doing this series on video game music [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Top-Ten-Songs] (see that stealth-plug? That's how it's done), it's ridiculously hard for me to choose one.

But if I absolutely have to... I'd have to go with this right now-

God, the memories... Call this game as overrated as you like, the soundtrack is fucking legendary.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
Lavender Town theme from the original Pokemon.

So many conspiracies and CreepyPasta, it's easily the weirdest piece of music from a video game ever.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Last Hugh Alive said:
Any answer other than this is... Well, I would disagree with you.

Seriously, there's so much going on in this 4 minutes its incredible.
This. If I have to pick something else now that my choice has been posted, then I choose Snake Eater.
Now I really can't wait for the compilation now after listening to these two again.