The Sopranos Intro Recreated in Grand Theft Auto V

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
The Sopranos Intro Recreated in Grand Theft Auto V

8-Bit Bastard has released an impressively spot-on GTA V remake of The Sopranos opening sequences.

I didn't catch The Sopranos when it first aired. I was younger then and I didn't have HBO so it just kind of passed me by. With the series (as well as several other HBO shows) landing on Amazon Prime recently however, I decided to finally take it for a spin. Probably surprising no one, it's left me about as hooked as a trout at fisherman's convention. That in mind, you can perhaps understand why a recent YouTube video has left me smiling so wide.

The video in question, made by the fine folks at 8-Bit Bastard, features a complete, shot-for-shot remake of The Sopranos <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYpbpqxf4o>opening, all of which was done in Grand Theft Auto V. While obviously the locations are different, its grasp on the timing and general imagery of the show's intro sequence are impressively spot on. As you might expect, the process of putting it together was complicated.

"Recreating The Sopranos intro in GTA V was pretty time-consuming, but a lot of fun," said the video's description. "It was also our first experience using green screen (you can't smoke in the car while it's moving."

Just personally, I think the hard work definitely shows. In fact, I'd almost say this is good enough that it could, with only a second's glance, even trick more hardcore followers of the series. Give it a watch and let us know what you think.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYwsM5UkXs>8-Bit Bastard

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Wow this is so cool. Can't wait for GTA 5 to release for pc, mods will have a field day

Love sopranos, thanks for posting this! :D

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Heh as stated above, this is good but cannot wait till the modding crowd get there hands on GTA5 :)

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
As soon as GTA V releases for PC, I hope some industrious modder starts working on importing Liberty City into it. This video would feel even more authentic if it used Alderney as a backdrop.