The Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC is Live for Season Pass Owners Today, See the Trailer Here

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Star Wars Battlefront Death Star DLC is Live for Season Pass Owners Today, See the Trailer Here

If you own the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass, you can play the new Death Star DLC today, and watch the trailer here.

The newest DLC for Star Wars Battlefront is going live for Season Pass holders today, and it's taking players to the Death Star. If you don't own the Season Pass, you'll get access to the content in two weeks. The Death Star DLC will add five new maps, the Battle Station mode, more weapons and Star Cards, and two new heroes: Chewbacca and Bassk.

Alongside the new DLC comes a patch that adds content for all players, even if they don't own the DLC. The patch includes a number of bug fixes, including fixes to the spectator camera and some lingering audio issues, among other things. The level cap has been raised from 70 to 90. Also included are changes to weapons, Star Cards, and traits. Players can now equip a trait card on each hand, and the cooldown on scout binoculars has been lowered to 10 seconds. There are a number of new free costumes being added as well.

You can peruse all the changes the new patch includes in the official patch notes [http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/57103/star-wars-battlefront-death-star-patch-notes-ps4-pc-x1%23latest]. Death Star is the third major DLC for Battlefront. The fourth and final DLC, Rogue One: Scarif, is planned to launch in December alongside the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story movie.

[gallery=6512]

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Well the vehicles are certainly impressive, but Chewie looks like an action figure that's been through the microwave.

I can't help but feel sad watching the trailer. Imagine this level of visuals in a "proper" Star Wars flight game like the X-Wing series. Throw in VR support and it'd be pretty much a "dream game" for me. Unfortunately, such a game will never come about as long as EA has the reins.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Neverhoodian said:
I can't help but feel sad watching the trailer. Imagine this level of visuals in a "proper" Star Wars flight game like the X-Wing series. Throw in VR support and it'd be pretty much a "dream game" for me. Unfortunately, such a game will never come about as long as EA has the reins.
Mmmhmm I've been craving a good Star Wars flight game for quite some time. I miss good ol' Rogue Squadron on my N64 and Gamecube.

OT: If I was in a cynical mood I'd point out just how crazy it seems that a Star Wars game based on the original trilogy that came out almost a year ago is just now adding in the Death Star. Seems like a pretty important piece of the fiction wouldn't you say?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah, Chewie looks...kind of disappointing to be honest--especially compared to everything else in the game.

But! I must go download this now! I have been waiting for this update. Space combat, here I come!

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
The thing I think I find the most hilarious is how the rebels are apparently able to board the death star and not be immediately destroyed by the literal legions of storm troopers on there...

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
RejjeN said:
The thing I think I find the most hilarious is how the rebels are apparently able to board the death star and not be immediately destroyed by the literal legions of storm troopers on there...
How about how that large and extremely vulnerable troop transport is able to evade the turbo laser fire and land. You know, the whole reason they only use snub fighters in the first movie. e_e

A better question would be WHY they are bothering to board it. They're throwing a lot of lives away for that droid.

Mar 30, 2010
Cool, I'll have to pick this up when it goes live to non season pass holders.

Y'know, I have this on/off relationship with Battlefront. Every time new DLC comes out for it I remember it exists and go back to playing it every day for two or three weeks, then lose interest in it and go back to playing other games. Then a few months later new DLC will come out and that's me for the next fortnight again. It doesn't exactly keep me engaged, which kind of indicates that I'm not really that into it, but I keep coming back to it which indicates that I don't dislike it either.

RejjeN said:
The Death Star is freakin' huge, with a volume of nearly 1 million cubic kilometers, so it's compliment of 26,000 Stormtroopers is spread kinda thin.