The stars at night are real bright when there's no light deep in the heart of Texas.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I want to let this subject die, but I can't for some dang reason.

It's too hot in May for our grid.
Advising people to put their own consumption limits on power? Yeah, good luck with that.

Maybe you could do that in London during the Blitz (they asked people to, don't know how successful it was), but getting modern people in Texas to do it is another thing.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Advising people to put their own consumption limits on power? Yeah, good luck with that.

Maybe you could do that in London during the Blitz (they asked people to, don't know how successful it was), but getting modern people in Texas to do it is another thing.
These days, if the government told people to use blackout curtains a significant strain of morons would start shining floodlights at the sky

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Reactions: BrawlMan

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

I think you've stumbled on the mechanism to get people to obey. Randomly drop bombs among those who don't!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
You know it really depresses me that this statement is utterly plausible.
Eh, a bunch of the people doing it would have a big swastika collection at home, so if you squint it looks lik
I think you've stumbled on the mechanism to get people to obey. Randomly drop bombs among those who don't!
Covid has had little success doing that to anti-vaxxers, though.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In a properly functioning democracy, politicians who couldn't get their pants on the right way round over something as basic as power generation would be drummed out of office.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
You need to temper your air conditioning usage so that the bitcoin miners still have power to use

He's fucking kidding right? Its not like they're some kind of critical industry, tell them to dial the fuck down or run at night when its cooler or at reduced capacity. And if there's no compliance, cut their connection.