The steam summer sale.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm going to sit this one out. I'm going to try to sit this one out. I'll probably spend too much money on games I'm not sure I really wanted...

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
Oh. My. God. ..... I didn't prepare for this. WALLET!!! RUN!!!! RUN FOR YOU'RE LIVE, GET OUT OF REACH!

I think it'll just be indi games I buy this year, not because I want toseem ppretentious but I just like to have physical copies alot more than digital. For all I know, VALVe could just push a button and all my games would be gone

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Well, Far Cry 3 I want definitely... I would pick all the Skyrim DLCs for 75% off or 50% at least :)

I hope for Xenonauts being a little cheaper. I really hope for Xenonauts - it looks awesome. I'd buy Kerbal were it 50% off or something.

Other games I want ain't gonna be discounted(Rome 2, Metro Last Light, Planetary Annihilation :) )

Oh, and Gunpoint for the giftses!

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Since I've recently built my new PC with a couple of my best friends, I couldn't wait for the Steam Summer Sale to arrive!

Here's what I'm really looking forward to getting:

1. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
2. Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
3. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
4. Sid Meier's Civilization V
5. Portal 2
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Fallout 3 - GOTY Edition
8. The Sims 3
9. ORION: Dino Horde (looks hilariously fun!)
10. System Shock 2 (will most likely get it at GOG)

Games that I'm still considering are PAYDAY, Krater, the first two Monkey Island special editions and ultimate doom.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Shogun 2 Expansions, Assassins creed 2 upwards, I'm really behind on the times with that franchise. The Swapper, I really want to give that a go.

Nothing else comes to mind right away, prob FarCry 3 when it goes on special too, will give me something to upgrade my PC toward.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
as far as AAA titles go, dishonored, tomb raider, dmc. even though i never got in to far cry 3 (played for a couple hours several months ago and havent really cared enough to touch it since), i am interested in trying the dlc. aside from that theres a lot of indie or lesser known games on my wishlist. however, im not realy looking forward to the steam sales for these games. im more looking forward to the sale gmg and gamers gate have. during the christmas sale, those sites completely destroyed steam, in terms of deals

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Might pick up Far Cry 3 but I honestly have a lot of stuff to spend money on this year so idk if I can really afford to throw a fe hundred at this sale.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Vigormortis said:
Not much I can think of off the top of my head, honestly. I have, or have played, most of the games I've been interested for the past few years. Not much current or upcoming that interest me. A few, but they're at least a few months off.

Glancing at my "wishlist" (of which I really need to clear out sometime) I'm seeing a few games I may grab, should the discounts prove substantial enough.

Notably:
Another World
Dishonored
The Cave
Sniper Elite V2
Rayman Origins
The Swapper

Though, if Starbound shows up on pre-order for a discount...

I'll be on a four pack of that, times two, so fast my bank won't know what hit it.
Rayman Origins is on sale on GMG literally right now, I think it's 66% off and then another 20% off with the discount coupon.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I'm mainly hoping for Skyrim, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Civ 5: Brave New World, but only if they're under $10.

Same for Bioshock: Infinite but I doubt it'll get a 90% off sale.

Halfie2

Jan 28, 2013
Mostly hoping for a -75% Dishonored and Skyrim Legendary edit(or the dlc)

If the Bioshock:I season pass get's a 50% off I'll get that one too but that's highly unlikely

Might pick up some other games if they catch my attention, bought 5 games I didn't plan on last years sales.

edit: Forgot to mention Borderlands 2, if it's cheap enough that is.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I am truly dreading the Summer Sale as there's several recent games like Tomb Raider, and Remember Me that I've been holding off on getting until there's a good discount.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
The summer sale is coming? I haven't even recovered from the last one yet. Damn...

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Sanctum 2! Beyond that I don't care. I'm more interested in the summer sale at gog.com

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
Well there's Borderlands 2 + dlc, Sims 3, new bioshock, new dlc for civ v, metro last light, may pick up skyrim with the dlc and maybe dishonored with dlc. I already have Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Skyrim on console but I don't have the dlc so I'm planning on just getting the game on steam with the dlc.

Randomologist

Aug 6, 2008
I doubt that Civ 5 would be available with all of its DLC as a complete edition, though one can dream. A bundle of all the Skyrim DLC would also be nice, and perhaps more likely.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
I would like To the Moon and The Walking Dead, maybe some Borderlands DLC, f I can't get the Siren's glowy outfit ingame.

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
The_Lost_King said:
I want to get Dragonborn for Skyrim, Dust an Elysian Tale, Shogun 2 Complete, and maybe Mark of the Ninja(I know it was just on sale, whatever), oh and some of the Crusader Kings 2 dlcs.

edit: Oh and I was really hoping you had an actual date for the thing. How dare you disappoint me.

Crusader Kings 2 DLC is there right now! (I don't know if you know already) :)
wombat_of_war said:
definitely the pagan expansion to crusader kings 2
You as well :)

OT: Probably just Crusader Kings 2 for me, unless something else really catches my eye

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Dust: An elysian tail, magic: duels of planes walkers and maybe Call of Juares: Gunslinger is what I'm hoping to get at a discount. I never buy that much during the sales.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Sadly (I guess), I've already bought pretty much everything I actively want. At this point I'm hoping to find some cheaper versions of games I've already bought on other platforms that will not be backwards compatible once the next console cycle is upon us. Sort of moving my game collection from 360 and PS3 to Steam in other words.

Beyond that, there is always hope that some fun indie title I didn't find previously will be highlighted and I'll try it and fall in love with it's unique charms.