The Story of your Avatar

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Well one day on another forum, ponies came around. I fought it off for a month before succumbing to their cuteness. I was directed to the pony group here. And after afew months some artwork came about that I liked, a buddy clipped it out for the single character and now I have a humanized Rainbow Dash as my avatar. The forum I came from was a furry forum, though I've been around on the Escapists longer than there. So I'm a MLP FIM fan and a furry fan, combining the two of what I love. And to any hate anyones gona direct at me, I'll just love and tolerate the shit outa you.

juy56

Mar 1, 2011
i saw this picture, laughed, and realised that it would offer some trollish balence against my usual seriousness

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I love anime and clannad way too much and he is my favorite character, so much like me!

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Pretty funny Man Stroke Woman short I saw on YouTube. It seemed like it'd be a pretty great Avatar, the wunderkinds over at The Avatar Store whipped it up. I orgasm'd. History.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
I was surfing through the KnowYourMeme MLP image base (likely sitting around 12,000 at this point) and found this. Someone here called it a rape stare, but I always just smile when I see it, it's too happy looking not to. I also like how yellow seems to be a rare color here so it stands out.

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
My avatar is a Smith chart, which is used for transmission line analysis. I was taking Emag I at the time in school, and you can pretty much use it for anything in TL theory, which I thought was pretty cool. So, that's how it became my avatar.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
My Avatar is a copy of a sign you frequently find around in Fallout 3. It's originally a safety sign from Vault-Tec. I changed the word 'safety' to 'science' to emphasize the irony that most of Vault-Tec's vaults weren't necessarily created for safety, but for macabre science experiments. So, my version of the sign shows Vault-Tec's real motives. :D

That, and I love Portal - therefore, science always!

Hitokiri_Gensai

Jul 17, 2010
hmmm i think i did one of these threads here before....

anyhow, im a gun fanatic, and well... ok im just weird :p

mine is a Glock 22 Rough Texture Frame in .40S&W. I used to own one of these, now i own and carry the compact version of the Glock 22, the Glock 23. Its a Gen3, no mods save for the extended slide release off a Glock 35.

The Cor

Jun 21, 2011
This will explain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHTTpfonLsc (I should learn to embed this kind of stuff)

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
Every heard of a game for the DS called Contact? No? Shame on you! It was amazing and funny as hell.

My avatar is a guy named The Professor from that game.

Plus just look at him! All 8-bit and such!

Voidrunner

Feb 26, 2011
Eh, I sort of have an obsession with owls, without a doubt one my favourite birds even if they like to hoot loudly outside my house. I just like their night vision and how they can look behind themselves. So that's why I have an owl as my Avatar

IkeGreil29

Jul 25, 2010
I looked at what other Escapists had. I figured I needed someone original but at the same time obscure enough that it would define me as the one and only Harupia on the Escapist.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I like fighting games, cuz i'm not terribly smart and like-a to hit dem budduns!
This character (allegedly) has the same occupation as me.
I thought it'd be funny.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
Well...I needed an avatar and had already made this before, screwing around in paint with a photo. So I figured, why not use it.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
After a recent play session with Persona 3, I discovered all the characters are awesome.
So I googled Persona 3 characters and I got this beauty.

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
I was looking up pictures of Zero on Deviantart and found this cute 'wil thing. So I ripped it, animated a blink and slapped an E on it for lulz. That's about it.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
I knew from the moment I joined the ecapist that I wanted perry the platypus as my avatar so I googled him and this was the vest picture of the bunch at the time so I picked it and havent looked back since.