The Stuff removed / changed / pulled relating to Trump

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Isn't this asshole still president for another week? If he's so desperate to talk to the people he can just give an Oval Office address. Most do one anyway as a farewell.

Reactions: Kwak

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I didn't say it was a public service I said they refused to cover it.
A public service is a service to the whole community. It is not necessarily government-run or mandated.

A news program is thus a service offered to inform the public about things going on. They have editorial freedom to decide for themselves what is and isn't useful for the public to know. Thus they can decide that the president announcing what's happening about coronavirus is important for their viewers to know, but not the bits where president is vacuously bullshitting. That is not unreasonable.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Isn't this asshole still president for another week? If he's so desperate to talk to the people he can just give an Oval Office address. Most do one anyway as a farewell.
Nah, he couldn't find the Oval Office to make that speech without 20 handlers guiding him there, and I'm not sure there are that many left to cart his senile ass around.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
You just put a law in that allows people to sue for wrongful cancellation and puts the burden of proof to the canceller to make their case and have the regular court system process it. It's really not that hard lol.

Remember, corporation, profit is their only incentive, by law. If they see that being anti-free speech is costing them dozens of millions of dollars a month, they'll start being pro free speech.

You're right, The only incentive is profit. And they found out that hate and demagoguery is so much more profitable than the facts. They lied to people and got them killed. They lied to people and made divisions between the American People, and there are already laws on Libel and Slander.

It's a fine for them. A tip. These cultists just want their daily dose of outrage.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You're right, The only incentive is profit. And they found out that hate and demagoguery is so much more profitable than the facts. They lied to people and got them killed. They lied to people and made divisions between the American People, and there are already laws on Libel and Slander.

It's a fine for them. A tip. These cultists just want their daily dose of outrage.
Let's not even pretend like hypocrisy and double standards are exclusive to Fox News

5.png

4.jpg

It's clearly profitable for CNN to switch their stance to paint Trump in a negative light. I wonder if that contributed to any division?

People tell me: "no, the negative media coverage Trump gets is just because he does bad things all the time!" and then I look at examples like the above and disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Let's not even pretend like hypocrisy and double standards are exclusive to Fox News

<bullshit snip>

It's clearly profitable for CNN to switch their stance to paint Trump in a negative light. I wonder if that contributed to any division?

People tell me: "no, the negative media coverage Trump gets is just because he does bad things all the time!" and then I look at examples like the above and disagree.
Your unwillingness to actually link the articles in question and reliance on pre-packaged propaganda collages that you uncritically parrot means your post hasn't actually proved anything.

These could be news articles, they could be opinion articles, or they could be entirely made up in photoshop. This may also come as a surprise to you, but most mainstream news outlets present multiple sides of stories. Unlike where you get your information, it's not hard to find CNN have opinion pieces written or have guests on their shows from across the US political spectrum* (even to their detriment such as antivaxxers).

* Before I get jumped, by "US political spectrum" I'm obviously excluding the actual far left.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
These could be news articles, they could be opinion articles, or they could be entirely made up in photoshop.
The links are right there in the images for 4/5 of the articles:
#1 https://archive.fo/95N8h
#2 https://archive.fo/3w6ZL
#3 https://archive.fo/uH6yn
#4 they appeared to have taken down this tweet, but this seems to be the article in question.
#5 https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/health/donald-trump-health/index.html, published a few days after #4, which was probably why they took down the tweet, and why the screenshot was taken, because it so perfectly highlighted the hypocrisy.

Want more? I got a whole folder of these "collages".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
#4 they appeared to have taken down this tweet, but this seems to be the article in question.
#5 https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/health/donald-trump-health/index.html, published a few days after #4, which was probably why they took down the tweet, and why the screenshot was taken, because it so perfectly highlighted the hypocrisy.

Different people have right to different opinions.

#1 Opinion article by Heather Boushey and Katie Bethell
#2 Opinion article by Dan Merica
#3 Opinion article by Vanessa Brown Calder
#4 Article by Sandee LaMotte ("What should we know about presidential candidates' health?")
#5 Article by Jacqueline Howard (starts with a link to "What we know about Hillary Clinton’s health" by the same author)

Not sure you are aware news outlets aren't monolithic entities where everybody marches under the same beat. The same could be said about Fox News, but the burden of proving that is yours.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You know what would "debunk" this? If we could find anyone at CNN defending or praising Trump or his polices.
If instead of seeing articles like "X is good, Trump did X, X is bad now", we saw articles like "X is bad, Trump did X, X is good now".

These examples all have the TIMELINE in common. Things shift from good to bad, or unacceptable to criticize to acceptable to criticize when Trump does them.

On the subject of "opinion" pieces, do they get pushed any less than the "real" articles? Are they treated as second-class citizens, as far as the publication is concerned?
Are they forbidden from being on the front page or the subject of a tweet?

Are they any less impactful, and do they play any less of a role in shaping the narrative and public perception?
Do you think the average person reading CNN is going to distinguish between an opinion piece and "real news", and then put up his mental defenses against incoming bias?

Not sure you are aware news outlets aren't monolithic entities where everybody marches under the same beat.
They aren't?

There's certainly nothing making it impossible.
They're companies, and like all other companies, the CEO/board of directors, whoever is in charge, makes all the rules.

Last edited:

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

I bet you do.
You make them yourself when you 'weren't paying attention to politics', or get them from your alt-right peer group?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Maybe not your average Fox News audience, but the rest of America...
"My political/ideological opponents are dumb!" is not an argument.

You make them yourself when you 'weren't paying attention to politics', or get them from your alt-right peer group?
I first found these yesterday, on another videogame forum.

Searching around for the source by googling the exact wording of the headlines, it seems that it may have been gathered by or submitted to "MSMLies.com", but it's probably user-made content.

So now I have a lot more to add to my collection and you do too! No doubt the first order of business will be to attack the site and try to discredit it, because that's the preferred tactic nowadays.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"My political/ideological opponents are dumb!" is not an argument.
Sorry, but based from your past arguments (assuming you are arguing in good faith), you are assuming the average person watches Fox News. And I'm not calling them dumb; I'm calling them used to Fox News being bias in both news reports and opinion pieces, thus expecting the same to happen in CNN and other media outlets. If I'm wrong in my basis, then my apologies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
A public service is a service to the whole community. It is not necessarily government-run or mandated.

A news program is thus a service offered to inform the public about things going on. They have editorial freedom to decide for themselves what is and isn't useful for the public to know. Thus they can decide that the president announcing what's happening about coronavirus is important for their viewers to know, but not the bits where president is vacuously bullshitting. That is not unreasonable.
And when it's deemed useful to help cover things up?

#1 Opinion article by Heather Boushey and Katie Bethell
#2 Opinion article by Dan Merica
#3 Opinion article by Vanessa Brown Calder
#4 Article by Sandee LaMotte ("What should we know about presidential candidates' health?")
#5 Article by Jacqueline Howard (starts with a link to "What we know about Hillary Clinton’s health" by the same author)

Not sure you are aware news outlets aren't monolithic entities where everybody marches under the same beat. The same could be said about Fox News, but the burden of proving that is yours.
Said networks choose to curate the opinion articles normally to push particular views or positions.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Sorry, but based from your past arguments (assuming you are arguing in good faith), you are assuming the average person watches Fox News. And I'm not calling them dumb; I'm calling them used to Fox News being bias in both news reports and opinion pieces, thus expecting the same to happen in CNN and other media outlets. If I'm wrong in my basis, then my apologies.
Let's assume that Fox News is biased in everything it does.
That doesn't have any relation to whether or not CNN is biased.

What an average Fox News watcher expects is irrelevant, isn't it? Who cares what they expect.

What is under question is whether or not CNN flip-flops on an issue in order to paint Trump in a negative light. If so, then everything Obsidian said about hate, getting people killed, divisions, and outrage apply to them as well.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Said networks choose to curate the opinion articles normally to push particular views or positions.
If you refer to views like "racism is bad" or "government should serve the people". Then you're absolutely right.

Jeez, how awfully biased, don't you think? /s

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
What an average Fox News watcher expects is irrelevant, isn't it?
Not according to the allegations of election fraud. The claims say Trump won by a landslide, something not supported by most news outlets other than Fox News. Therefore, according to the claims, we can extrapolate that the mayority of Americans voted by Trump and watch Fox News; making the average American (the average person I assume you asked about) the Fox News' audience. Am I missing something here?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Or is he?

Not according to the allegations of election fraud. The claims say Trump won by a landslide, something not supported by most news outlets other than Fox News. Therefore, according to the claims, we can extrapolate that the mayority of Americans voted by Trump and watch Fox News; making the average American (the average person I assume you asked about) the Fox News' audience. Am I missing something here?
I don't know if you're missing something or not, I just don't see how which channel the average american watches is relevant to my claim that CNN is biased against Trump and has double-standards.

Unless you're trying to say "the majority of Americans watch Fox news, therefore the minority watches CNN and because they're the minority, they're automatically smarter and know how to differentiate between opinion and "real news"? In which case that's a leap.

Would it help if I instead asked "Do a majority of CNN readers know how to distinguish between an opinion piece and "real news"?"

Last edited: