The Suez Canal boat thing

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Funny story. I import via these container ships myself. And today the port mistaking put my container on a train to Atlanta.....i am in california.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, that is deeply unpleasant.
It is not particularly clear to me why much livestock should be mass transported, considering it is overwhelmingly being transported just to go to an abattoir at the end of the journey.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It is not particularly clear to me why much livestock should be mass transported, considering it is overwhelmingly being transported just to go to an abattoir at the end of the journey.
Don't have to refrigerate the carcasses, which I assume takes a lot of power/diesel.

Reactions: bluegate

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Don't have to refrigerate the carcasses, which I assume takes a lot of power/diesel.
It obviously happens because it's cheaper for whatever reasons; other obvious possibilities are cheaper processing of the carcasses at the far end.

My point is perhaps more that it just shouldn't be done. Although I'm aware vast tracts of the world couldn't care less about maltreatment of animals.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
It obviously happens because it's cheaper for whatever reasons; other obvious possibilities are cheaper processing of the carcasses at the far end.

My point is perhaps more that it just shouldn't be done. Although I'm aware vast tracts of the world couldn't care less about maltreatment of animals.
Oh it's definitely horrific and causes unnecessary suffering. Got to increase export trade though I guess.