The Suicide Squad (James Gunn) Trailer

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
God, would it have killed them to call it something else?

Anyway:

I don't know. I like everybody involved, but the jokes here were hit or miss. The gore looks good though, in the way that it's not childishly abundant. I am kind of excited to see what kind of stupid comic book bullshit we're going to see, exhibit A being Starro.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
This looks like a lot of fun. That's really all I wanted out of this movie, and it looks like it will more than deliver. Standouts to me were John Cena as Peacemaker nailing the straight-man (mostly) role, and King Shark doing his thing.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Ugh I got half-way through the trailer and I'm already so excited I don't wanna see anymore. It'll just spoil it for me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Anything's a step up after that godawful Harley Quinn movie.
The movie is good, and you know it. Not perfect, but just regular good.

I really wish they would just call this movie suicide squad 2 or add some type of subtitle. Anything: The Reckoning, Revenge, Payback, or Dirty Pairs.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Its exactly what I expected, and I don't like it.

I didn't like the older Suicide Squad either though.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Anything's a step up after that godawful Harley Quinn movie.
And a step down from the Harley Quinn animated series.

We'll see. I will say Margot Robbie seems to be putting on a less obnoxious Harley voice this time, or maybe that's just wishfill thinking. I do like how intentionally crappy the costumes look though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But then we'd be forced to remember the first movie and how bad it was. At least this movie doesn't seem to take itself so very, very seriously that it becomes almost painful. And since it is a HBO Max movie that means it will be on regular HBO like 2 or 3 months later here in Scandinavia, so that's a freebie.
it's pointed out this sequel does take place after Birds of prey and the first suicide squad. Making the lazy title completely pointless. I know a lot of people didn't like the first film, but I thought it was just average. Sometimes it's good to acknowledge mistakes. You can't always pretend something doesn't exist just because it brings up a few bad memories. and while it is a standalone sequel, it just makes things more confusing. Cuz now whenever you talk about suicide squad you got to say which one. it's like when the fourth fast and the furious film was just called Fast & Furious. I rather take a number or subtitle, over just adding "the" in front of the name.

Reactions: deleted20220709

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Birds of Prey? Annoying and sucks.
If you don't like it, that's fine, but I never found the film annoying.

We'll see. I will say Margot Robbie seems to be putting on a less obnoxious Harley voice this time, or maybe that's just wishfill thinking. I do like how intentionally crappy the costumes look though.
I like both the animated series and the movie about the same. I admit that I barely started the animated series, but no need to put one over the other. Either way, Harley went places and it's still going on.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012

I like Robbie, I thought she was the standout from the relatively dull Suicide Squad movie. Birds of Prey by comparison made her obnoxious, and failed every other character on the movie too. I just don't think she works on her own any more than Pinky works without Brain or at the very least a suitable foil. Haven't seen the animated series.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I just realized they're trying to be the next Ocean movies, and they're about as good as Ocean's 8. I don't know what's going on with Margot Robbie, but she needs to fire her agent. She's a wonderful actress and usually the highlight of her movie, but she's never been in a good movie. She is always that little spec of gold dust in a pile of dog shit, if she doesn't go for a good movie soon she'll go the Leslie Neilson rout of being a parody of herself.

I mean wow, between this, Suicide Squad, that God awful Harley Quinn movie, its like DC is determined that yeah, you liked Endgame? You thought Winter Soldier was good? We'll we're Bizzaro Marvel, and for every good movie you get, you're getting a huge dogshit pie to the face from us.
Suicide Squad was a clearly hacked apart and stitched together slog of a movie with major plot points coming and going, being forgotten about, and then it just ended. Birds of Prey wasn't a movie, it was a variety show of scenes loosely connected by characters sharing the same name, but every scene was a different tone, lighting, setting, personality, motivation, drive and plot, and it just kinda ended having not done anything.
This movie looks equally as bad. Why they're still doing the DCEU is beyond me, especially after the Synder Cut proved that the execution of the projects was never the problem, they were fundamentally flawed from the beginning and even an extra 4 years of development, $70+ million, and 2 more hours couldn't make a horrible movie good, it was merely passable.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
This looks like a lot of fun. That's really all I wanted out of this movie, and it looks like it will more than deliver. Standouts to me were John Cena as Peacemaker nailing the straight-man (mostly) role, and King Shark doing his thing.
Really Fanboying over King Shark. Having Grown up with movies like Steel its a wonderful time to be alive when they can do these comics accurate character design translations. I was really sad when they revealed Killer Croc and it was just a dude in a rubber mask.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Can't say I'm feeling it. Jokes aren't landing, not fond of the colour scheme, etc.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Well it looks more like Suicide Squad than the last one they did.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
God, would it have killed them to call it something else?

Anyway:

I don't know. I like everybody involved, but the jokes here were hit or miss. The gore looks good though, in the way that it's not childishly abundant. I am kind of excited to see what kind of stupid comic book bullshit we're going to see, exhibit A being Starro.
How on God’s green Earth are this pack of wankers meant to counter a threat like
Starro the Conquerer?
. This is the same misguided bullshit from the first one that these fucking no hopers were to be the counter to Superman if he decided to give no fucks and kill everything.