The Suicide Squad Trailer

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Okay, so no numbered sequel or subtitle. Sounds like another reboot, but with half of the same cast/actors. All I have to say is that will make things more confusing when trying to talk about which film. I'm excited for it, but they could have come up with a more creative title or added in a subtiitle to avoid confusion.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
And Nathan Fillion and Peter Capaldi. Whatever else, we’ve got a murderers row of talent in this movie.

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing Nathan Fillion as the joke character who gets killed immediately with Polka Dot Man as the joke character that lives and proves surprisingly popular

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm guessing Nathan Fillion as the joke character who gets killed immediately with Polka Dot Man as the joke character that lives and proves surprisingly popular
That would be fucking hilarious honestly.

OT: You know, someone really ought to have just made a DC Fandome thread. Anyway, looks interesting. I can't wait to see them all die in increasingly terrible or funny ways. Kind of wish we could have gotten Kite Man. I'm also glad Jai Courtney is getting another chance at being Captain Boomerang, because he was perhaps the one likeable character in the last movie. It's also kind of his only good role ever.

I'm actually kind of enjoying how DC is taking their extended universe and continuity and just shoving it up our collective ass sideways. I have no fucking idea when this movie is set, or if its a reboot or a sequel.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Damn, that's actually like a really cool cast, don't know what else to say.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So, who wants to take bets on which of that fuckload of characters will survive to the end credits?

I mean, Margot Robbie will, obviously. Maybe Jai Courtney will too, as a returning member. King Shark, because why would you not want to keep the sharkman around? Either Idris Elba or John Cena, but not both. And lastly a wildcard, someone you wouldn't expect to live, i.e. Polka Dot Man.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
That was like the film equivalent of a CGI videogame trailer. At least we know what Capaldi's noggin is up to I guess.

The sneak peak (behind the scenes) clip made it look like everyone was having a pretty fun time, and while it is pleasantly exciting to see, it only reminds me of some established critic who says the more fun the cast and crew look like they're having while making the film often turns out less fun for the viewer of the end product. Though I'm not that experienced to know how far they are from the truth, it's just an opinion that stuck out as curious. Will be sure to rate the end result as "not enough suffering from the cast, stop enjoying your work duties!"

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
That's a HUGE cast.

And i mean litteraly huge. That's a lotta characters to try and squeeze into one movie.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh...was expecting them to drop this with an incoming reboot due to new Batman and all, but I guess if this comes out first?

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Here's the thing.

This might end up and the most alienating DC movie yet to a regular audience.

It could also work because James Gunn managed to get Guardians of the Galaxy to work.

The thing being the Suicide Squad comics tend to just bring people in and assume the audience knows about them or their intro is maybe a few lines of dialogue or their backstory gets explained by another character making some short comment.

It doesn't tend to matter where they came from or how they came to be in the prison just who they are personality wise and what they can do.

My guess.

Harley Quinn - no real intro etc but a comment about how Joker won't be getting her out this time. Or a comment about her asking about Deadshot and being told he's on another mission

King Shark - Barely ever gets backstory really other than implications about him being some ancient being

Captain Boomerag - No backstory needed he's still serving his sentence

Rick Flag - maybe some comment about June Moon being off helping Deadshot

Weasel- probably an offhand comment about how come it(?) came to be