The Summer Solstice Signals The Season of The Sausage Party

Nick Lerman

New member
Aug 27, 2013
229
0
0
The Summer Solstice Signals The Season of The Sausage Party

No fedoras were harmed during the making of this comic.

Read Full Article
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
It take it that this means you are...somewhat peckish?

I hope the sausage people don't have too much trouble with those steps. :c
 

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
4,568
0
0
Where did the skull iconography come from if it's a world full of sausages?

The Donner reunions bouncy castle is not as innocent as it appears. The purpose is to wear out the little sausages, so that when the choose one to eat, it can't run away. They never quite forgot the taste you see...
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,760
0
0
I nearly laughed my casing off.

kailus13 said:
Where did the skull iconography come from if it's a world full of sausages?
Their natural predators. Those teeth are definitely made for masticating.
 

L3D

New member
Jul 15, 2008
58
0
0
That last picture made me think "War of the living wieners" stopmotion film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTT5ufaUSQ but in there the Sausages are not heroic.
 

Nick Lerman

New member
Aug 27, 2013
229
0
0
freaper said:
Wowowow! Hold the phone! Why are they eating bbq'd sausages?
Because they are delicious
and when you eat the flesh of another you take on their power
and absorb their spirit.
It is the way of the sausage.
 

Nick Lerman

New member
Aug 27, 2013
229
0
0
L3D said:
That last picture made me think "War of the living wieners" stopmotion film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPTT5ufaUSQ but in there the Sausages are not heroic.
I missed this excellent post.
That film looks like it was made for me!
I wish I spoke Finnish.
 

Gorrath

New member
Feb 22, 2013
1,648
0
0
"I was going to draw a pile of tiny shoes outside the Donner Party bouncy house but sausages don't have feet and that would be ridiculous."

Oh indeed, the absurdity of sausage shoes would have been a tipping point of absurdity. We'd have imploded into an absurd singularity and taken the rest of your excellent comics with us. And that would just be a damned shame.
 

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
4,568
0
0
freaper said:
Wowowow! Hold the phone! Why are they eating bbq'd sausages?
Because it's the Donner Party reunion. Forced to feed on their own kind, they found that once back in civilisation they missed the sweet taste of sausageflesh.

The Donner Party were a group of American pioneers who were forced into cannibalism when snow stranded them in the Seirra Nevada in 1846.
 

L3D

New member
Jul 15, 2008
58
0
0
Nick Lerman said:
I missed this excellent post.
That film looks like it was made for me!
I wish I spoke Finnish.
You don't need to learn Finnish, just enable the Youtube subtitles and you can get the English subtitles, sorry that I forgot to mention that.
 

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
2,634
0
0
i mean, if sausages wore shoes, that would look vaguely obscene, and we can't expose the kids to that kind of vulgarity in such an innocent setting as a sausage party
 

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
4,742
0
41
Country
USA
kailus13 said:
freaper said:
Wowowow! Hold the phone! Why are they eating bbq'd sausages?
Because it's the Donner Party reunion. Forced to feed on their own kind, they found that once back in civilisation they missed the sweet taste of sausageflesh.

The Donner Party were a group of American pioneers who were forced into cannibalism when snow stranded them in the Seirra Nevada in 1946.
Why didn't they just call in for a helicopter lift? Seems like they ate each other a little too readily.
 

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
4,568
0
0
Signa said:
kailus13 said:
freaper said:
Wowowow! Hold the phone! Why are they eating bbq'd sausages?
Because it's the Donner Party reunion. Forced to feed on their own kind, they found that once back in civilisation they missed the sweet taste of sausageflesh.

The Donner Party were a group of American pioneers who were forced into cannibalism when snow stranded them in the Seirra Nevada in 1946.
Why didn't they just call in for a helicopter lift? Seems like they ate each other a little too readily.
Shit, got the date wrong. eighteenforty-six. I should fix that.

Thinking about it though, those must be some really old sausages by now.
 

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
971
0
0
....What?

Maybe I'm just tired, but I've gone over this comic three times now and I honestly have no idea what it's about, what it's saying or what it's alluding to. Can anyone enlighten me?
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
So where do vegan sausages come into this? You know, those soy- or tofu-based but seasoned things or whatever?
 

Nick Lerman

New member
Aug 27, 2013
229
0
0
gridsleep said:
Admist? Amidst.
Oof, good find. I also missed "wistfully." Apologies, I must do better.

Dragonlayer said:
....What?
Maybe I'm just tired, but I've gone over this comic three times now and I honestly have no idea what it's about, what it's saying or what it's alluding to. Can anyone enlighten me?
I do appreciate your thoroughness. You are like my wife who looked at this comic and said, "at least it's colorful."

Skeleon said:
So where do vegan sausages come into this? You know, those soy- or tofu-based but seasoned things or whatever?
I am uncertain. I assume they are meditating in the desert somewhere seeking enlightenment from the syzygies in the celestial sphere.
 

henrius

New member
Jul 2, 2008
43
0
0
The small detail in your work is impressive. I really enjoy your comic, and look forward to it every week.
 

God of Path

God of Path
Jul 6, 2011
119
0
0
Hot dogs eating hot dogs made of hot dogs. Nick Lerman must throw the most spectacular summer soirees of the town.