"The Talk" makes fun of castrated man.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
M'yes, man getting his dick cut off is hilarious, but when the Africans do female circumcision for tradition's sake its a human rights violation. Ain't no inconsistency here, no sir!

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
loc978 said:
Handle your emotions, ladies. They heal more easily than an amputated appendage.
Best thing I've read all day.

I didn't watch the video for fear of punching a hole in my delicate laptop's screen, but I read about the incident and it fucking sickens me. Absolutely abominable, the ***** can burn in Hell. It's the sort of thing that would put you off marriage, just in case you accidentally married the most psychotic and spitefully malicious whore on the planet.

Can't convey my anger adequately so I'll use lots of mean words! Yeah!

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
If you are upset in any way by the clip file a complaint.

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

Frankly I think it's disgusting.
Xiado said:
Sorry, but as a man, and one who is not a feminist, I have to say that having your dick cut off is hilarious, there is comedy in having your tool chopped off, in general.
Where do you live? I'll be by later.

You won't mind, it's only comedy.

Cptn_Squishy

Mar 4, 2009
I think that you spend too much time watching shitty knockoffs of other shows. So what's next? 'The Other Half' followed by 'The Half-Hour News Hour' and then jump on YouTube to watch 'NewsBusted'?

Those women are on that show because they're a 2nd tier version of more important women. Julie Chen will never be Barbara Walters, Holly Robinson will never be Whoopi Goldberg, that one girl from Roseanne will never be either of the last season add-ons who ended up on Scrubs and The Big Bang Theory.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
people can laugh at this if they want but i dont think people should be on tv laughing about it and basically saying that there are situations that where the man deserve this.

this show would have been cancelled and the hosts killed if the roles were reversed.

crop52

Mar 16, 2011
Well, that's about as funny as a woman losing her vagina at the hands of a man,
Which is pretty funny to me.

Yeah, double standards are not funny, but genital mutilation? I mean, anything that has to do with genitals is funny to me. Call me childish, but it's true. If I was one of those woman, I'd be laughing too.

Now, if something happens tomorrow, where some guy cuts off a woman's breast, and they don't laugh at it, then we have a problem.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
it seems theere is a link to the complaints page under the video. i wonder if complaining to the show willl force a public apology

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
monstersquad said:
I don't understand where the surprise is coming from, considering the source material. The View is terrible for it's female chauvinism and the Talk is just a terrible rip-off. It just goes to demonstrate that feminism is less about empowering females and more about dragging men down, for revenge. But OT, I for one was appalled, and I'm never appalled by anything I watch, ever.
This, exactly this. People are assholes, and there are inevitably groups who push agendas with no greater purpose then petty revenge and stupidity.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
I am a woman, and i think that was horrible. he defiantly didn't deserve that.
the talk is a show full of fucking bitches, and listening to them only makes them stronger. this is sick.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Xiado said:
Sorry, but as a man, and one who is not a feminist, I have to say that having your dick cut off is hilarious, but shoving a knife up a woman's c*nt and mutilating her is not. No, the Talk is not being fair, but there is comedy in having your tool chopped off, in general.
And at one point it was funny to portray black people by having white guys dress in blackface and behave according to stereotypes... but a black man doing the same about white people (a la the Wayans) would have been chased and beaten without a second thought.

But because we didn't just ACCEPT that sort of inequality, our society has (at the very least) moved to a point where BOTH can be laughed at or ignored equally.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
A sad truth of humanity: Some people who are oppressed (or see themselves as such) do not seek equality, but instead demand their turn at wearing the jackboots. In this, women are absolutely no different than men.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
SpartanBlackman said:
A man had his penis cut off by his wife, who then destroyed it in the garbage disposal. He was trying to file for divorce. This is the responce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4VeMJp9pE&feature=player_detailpage#t=287s
What the...
I mean...
If the roles were reversed...
Well, they try to address the double standard and it gets laughed at.
What do you think Escapists?
I'd almost want to buy Sarah Gilbert a drink, if she hadn't backed down so quick. She was the only person to suggest that it was no laughing matter.

Also, the video in here:

Nurb said:
shows the same quite nicely. Good find, Nurb.

The people reacting (mostly women) immediately react with an emotional response that completely shuts down intellect and reason. This emotional response sets them up to immediately empathize with the person most like them--the woman.

Instantly, they've created "reasons" for why she might be doing it. Nine times out of ten? "Oh, he was probably cheating." I have a few problems with this:

1. It is built on the assumption that men are filthy cheaters. I mean, seriously -- that's the first thing you go to, seeing any kind of fight? He did it, and it was cheating. Two big assumptions, based on absolutely no information.

2. It assumes that cheating is automatically a bad enough offense to warrant physical or emotional abuse against the man. No questions asked, cheating = hit him. There's no "let the punishment fit the crime" going on here, no chance.

3. It precludes a gender reversal of the exact same situation. If a woman were to cheat on a man (like that ever happens, right?) and he were to respond with anything remotely abusive--physical or emotional--how would we react to him? How would these women respond?

Well, most likely, you'd have to provide some pretty conclusive evidence that she was cheating if anyone was going to believe it. Even then, we'd be hearing someone saying, "Well, look at how angry and abusive he is--that's probably WHY she was cheating on him!" That's right, even the cheating would be his fault automatically.

Note well: I'm not saying men should be allowed to hit women. Statistically speaking, we're stronger and can do more damage per hit -- but we certainly don't hit or abuse any more often than women do, so that's purely a problem of F = MA. I'm saying that women abusing men should be treated with the exact same revulsion.

What makes abuse repulsive shouldn't be the damage that is done. If a man pushes his wife, but doesn't leave bruises or cuts, is that okay? Obviously not. It isn't the physical result, it's the fact that he feels he's allowed to exert his will over another person. That's what makes it disgusting. Why shouldn't the exact same trait disgust us in a woman?

May 5, 2010
OK, I realize this is what everyone is saying already, but I'm just going to say it too. It's a good point.

Imagine if a woman filed for a divorce with her husband, and he responded by mutilating her sex organ. Then imagine, that on a TV show consisting of a group of men with a male audience all laughed about it and said "That'll teach her." These men would be looked at as horrible sexist pigs AT BEST and certainly wouldn't be able to keep their show on the air.

Now, what do you think is going to happen to these women? At most, an apology on their next show?

Good FUCK, I hate double-standards.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
What are you guys talking about? They're totally within their rights to joke about it. I mean the exact same thing happened to Sharon Osborne, right?

May 5, 2010
Xiado said:
Maxtro said:
I'm quite sure you wouldn't want an anvil dropped on your head, but also that you laughed at the same when it happened on Looney Tunes when you were a kid. It's comedy because it's a reversal of the expected. The penis is symbolic of power and dominance, and having it cut off represents powerlessness and submission. It's the same kind of reason why you'd say a girl "has her guy's balls cut off" when she has the dominant power in a relationship. Outside of happening to an actual poor guy, it's funny.
Um...You do realize that this DID happen to an actual poor guy, right?