The Talos Principle Review - The Puzzle of Existence

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
The Talos Principle Review - The Puzzle of Existence

The Talos Principle is an interesting and intense game that has a few frustrating moments, but is a rewarding philosophical puzzler.

Read Full Article

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
That's pretty good, I really liked those few test levels we got for free.
But I have to wonder, 40 Euro is a rather hefty price for a portal-like puzzle game. Sure Portal was great, and this looks gorgeous, I'm just hesitant to commit.

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Piorn said:
That's pretty good, I really liked those few test levels we got for free.
But I have to wonder, 40 Euro is a rather hefty price for a portal-like puzzle game. Sure Portal was great, and this looks gorgeous, I'm just hesitant to commit.
It's up to you whether that price is a dealbreaker, but I can say that if you're concerned about length, the game took me about 30 hours to play through, and there's definitely some extra things (like those pesky stars) that I could spend more time getting.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Fuck, I really should've bought this and one of those new Telltale games instead of Inquisition :/

Seems right up my alley too :p

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Am I missing something, or does this review not mention what platform its on. I'm guessing PC-only, but if I'm wrong, I'd like to know.

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
remnant_phoenix said:
Am I missing something, or does this review not mention what platform its on. I'm guessing PC-only, but if I'm wrong, I'd like to know.
Yes, it is PC (available for Windows, Linus, and Mac) right now. Though the developer has confirmed a PS4 version will be released the first half of next year.

Regarding the price, I can personally attest that the game will take 15-20 hours to beat the first time, depending on your puzzle solving skill level. That doesn't even take into account all the bonus content and the multiple endings. I know it is hard to justify a $40 purchase. But keep in mind Portal 2 was $40-$50 when it was first released as well.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
pre ordered it yesterday and i got 10% off. so thats already a good thing and i played the free test level as well and i enjoyed it a lot. even when im busy with alien isolation, having something more relaxing for a change, this game is very welcoming.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
you know, it is pretty amusing that this type of game was made by the people behind serious sam
not that I'm above letting a clown be serious (that sounds harsher than I mean, but I can't think of a better phrase right now), but it's a funny contrast