The Terminator Offered as Pre-Order Bonus for WWE 2K16

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Objectable said:
Have you tried the arcade version? It's great fun.
Sure, wasn't bad. Imagine something like Alien: Isolation in the Terminator-verse (disregarding the bad entries) though.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RJ 17 said:
Context is key, my friend. The double standard is that Hogan's entire career was erased from the books while Arnold's is still doing just fine as though he didn't have an affair and illegitimate child. The double-standard expands well beyond the range of a WWE game, as was referenced when I said "movie and game deals".
Except the context doesn't change my response. Double-standards in WWE. I might die of not surprise.

You can throw in movies, but nobody in Hollywood has, to my knowledge, acted upon Terry in any way over this. Trying to point to a double standard that Hollywood does one thing while WWE does another doesn't augment your point. It harms it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
RJ 17 said:
Context is key, my friend. The double standard is that Hogan's entire career was erased from the books while Arnold's is still doing just fine as though he didn't have an affair and illegitimate child. The double-standard expands well beyond the range of a WWE game, as was referenced when I said "movie and game deals".
Except the context doesn't change my response. Double-standards in WWE. I might die of not surprise.

You can throw in movies, but nobody in Hollywood has, to my knowledge, acted upon Terry in any way over this. Trying to point to a double standard that Hollywood does one thing while WWE does another doesn't augment your point. It harms it.
Actually you're still missing the context. This isn't even about the WWE. Allow me to put it simply:

Hogan's career and legacy are now effectively destroyed.
Arnold's career and legacy aren't even scratched.

The double-standard lies with society's perceptions of celebrities after a scandal, my friend, not with the WWE's reaction to Hogan dropping an N-Bomb. That is merely a symptom of the double-standard. Evidently in American society, using a racial slur years ago is much more damning than having an illegitimate child with your maid. That's why Arnold is still making movies and his likeness is appearing in games while Hogan has now been black-listed.