The Terraria 1.1 Update has come out

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
here is the dev blog
http://www.terrariaonline.com/forums/dev-blog.26/?order=post_date
it was supposes to come out December 1st and it has.

here is the change log
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/welcome-to-terraria-1-1.64684/

according to this
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/wall-of-fle-text.63441
"There are 39 new monsters, including 4 brand new bosses. We've got three new NPCs, all waiting to be rescued. And for the loot obsessed, there are 222 new items, including 4 sets of armor, and 21 accessories."
which is good since i ran out of thing to do in terraria

Edit:
i just got the update
but i am in class so no time to play

edit2:
out of class now so it's time make a house for my new world then homework

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Actually can't wait to get home and try it out; am planning on whipping out my server batch-file later this evening with new characters and a couple of freshly generated worlds.

But alas, schoolwork first.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I'm looking forward to this, I ran out of things to do on it as well, so all this new stuff should be great. Also, dragons in this game too, dragons in all the games.

Edit: I've been it for around 6 hours since the update, it's a pretty damn awesome update.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
God DAMN that's a shit load of stuff.

Well. Looks like I've got some new toys to find. Wonder if anything'll beat out shooting stars at people with my Star Cannon / Star Fury.

Already have a Guide VooDoo Doll to spawn that Wall of Flesh too.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Qitz said:
God DAMN that's a shit load of stuff.

Well. Looks like I've got some new toys to find. Wonder if anything'll beat out shooting stars at people with my Star Cannon / Star Fury.

Already have a Guide VooDoo Doll to spawn that Wall of Flesh too.
i have half a chest full of Guide VooDoo Dolls

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Hey, what's the name of a Counter Strike map in a chip factory?

de_lays

Trust me. This thing ain't comin' out on time.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
Sounds like me and the Eyes of Cthulhu. I just can't help but horde the damn things.

Also, I'm glad they added some more spell tomes into the game. Plus the Wings are pretty bitching. Was that Sword on a chain thingy already in the game?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
-fangirl squee-

Finally, a reason to go back to Terraria (I had everything prior to this patch). I kind of missed my cursed tower.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
The PvP kind of reminds me of Soldat.... which means I might actually be really good at it, yay!

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Qitz said:
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
Sounds like me and the Eyes of Cthulhu. I just can't help but horde the damn things.

Also, I'm glad they added some more spell tomes into the game. Plus the Wings are pretty bitching. Was that Sword on a chain thingy already in the game?
i also have an arena i made for the eye of of Cthulhu with at least one whole chest full(if not more) of suspicious eyes.
also to add half a chest full of Guide VooDoo Dolls there are also 4 shadow keys in the same chest and a 5th shadow key in my safe
i am basically a hoarder in the game as since i don't sell most things and just store all.

Jdb

May 26, 2010
I want to like Terraria, but combat and monsters are too simple for me. Terraria has a lot of cool items but no cool ways to use them because almost every monster pattern is "move into you until one of you dies" or "shoot simple projectile." Do you think the update will change this? The bosses look like they're no longer simple, but how about normal enemies?

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
This is actually looking really good. Gonna start up a new character today and start from scratch.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I gave up on Terraria a week after buying it. It was so awful, I couldn't have any fun with it.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Jdb said:
I want to like Terraria, but combat and monsters are too simple for me. Terraria has a lot of cool items but no cool ways to use them because almost every monster pattern is "move into you until one of you dies" or "shoot simple projectile." Do you think the update will change this? The bosses look like they're no longer simple, but how about normal enemies?
They're like normal enemies in every game. They're cannon fodder. Some of the later enemies do hop around but if your talking about the Zombies, Slimes and Skeletons then yeah those stick to the regular "Go towards till dead" tactic. Though once they hit harder it does start to get harder.

Maybe Hardcore mode will offer different stuff.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
Can't wait for this to come out. I've been up since midnight waiting for it to update

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Still waiting on this update to be pushed through the pipes/

New character, new world; it's like a whole new game, Lewis! A whole new game!