The thread for little annoyances (or Nitpick Theatre, if you will)

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
I figure a thread of this kind, where people can express dismay over minor things out of their control that gets on their nerves, could be a fun idea, to see what little first world problems are struggling with.

Note: I'm not actually looking for any solution, I'm just annoyed by decisions being made outside of my control.

So with that out of the way, here's my boggle:

As a long time user of various browsers (now using Chrome), I've come to love the backspace key if I don't have a mouse with back/forward buttons, or I'm on my laptop casually using my trackpad. However today, to my great dismay, I discover that the people making the Chrome browser has decided that backspace is no longer to be used for going back a page any more, because it inconveniences users that apparently don't know how to computer, and use backspace incorrectly and go back a page when they were trying to edit something in a form they were filling out.

Now I don't give a flying f*** that these useless a**hats are so bad at browsing that they don't check where the piece of **** edit marker is before they hit backspace.... ahem.

So now they're making me use alt+arrow keys to navigate back and forth. So why does this annoy me? It would be because it requires a two-hand motion to do it comfortably, whereas using backspace is as simple as moving one hand up to where I know backspace is located, and press it. Instead I now have to check what I'm pressing to make sure I hit alt+left arrow. It inconveniences browsing in a very minor, but most egregious manner, as it requires me to connect several dots before I can do the action that I'm looking for, breaking down the smooth flow of braindead browsing used in serious procrastination.

And the same thing goes for another feature that I came to love with my Dell laptop, before Win10 and it's user unfriendly "everybody gets treated the same" features happened; the three-finger swipe. Back in the old days of Win8.1, my laptop had an option to use three-finger swipe as a means to move back and forth, be it in folders, browsers, or any other program that allowed me to move back and forth between pages/files/images. But this feature was taken away from me because Microsoft decided to unify all touchpad features in Win10, making three-finger swipe the same as alt+tab, which is useless, because if you want to alt+tab, you can just use mother****ng alt+tab, since that's what it's there for! (If Win10 has some options to change this, then they are being kept away from me thanks to Synaptics' drivers).

"But Twinrehz", I hear you all say, "why not just go back to Win8.1, and change your browser?" Because that's not what I want. I love win10, apart from that one little wrench in my gears of happiness; and I'm not changing my browser because I like chrome, it keeps my history and bookmarks and whatnot across all two of my computers (and my phone). Having to switch browser when I've settled for one I like is like going for a pizza with puke on it when you could instead have the one you prefer.

Yes I am petty, but so are most first world problems. So there, let's hear your little annoyances.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Fucking tickets in clothing, man. I hate them with the burning fiery passion of a thousand suns.

WHY do they ALWAYS have to sew the ticking into the back-top of the neck? WHY!? It's the most annoying place for it. It scratches, it itches, it tickles, and it irritates.
I always have to cut them out of my new clothes, but even doing that is a nuisance, and can sometimes make it worse if you leave a hacked-off 'stub' of a ticket still sticking into you.

Why the HELL can't they just sew the ticket into the hem of the garment? Or literally ANYWHERE else?

Anyway, that's my little annoyance.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
When people think plot points in things are Easter Eggs. I saw this YouTube video on Easter Eggs in Suicide Squad and they actually said the words ACE on the chemical vats Harley jumps into was an Easter Egg.

NO ITS NOT!

Harely gets dunked into a vat of Ace chemicals! That's her origin! Its not an additional little detail, its the whole fucking point!

Likewise Captain Boomerang getting captured by the Flash is not an Easter Egg. He's a Flash Villain.

An Easter Egg is something that's added to the background that's not important to the plot, and in my opinion is usually something from outside the Universe. An in-joke for the creators.

Here:

These are Easter Eggs. But in today's social media clickbait filled world, I'm surprised Buzzfeed or whomever isn't saying the Germans in Indiana Jones are actually based off the real life Nazi party from WW2 and other totally clever 'Easter eggs'

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Twinrehz said:
As a long time user of various browsers (now using Chrome), I've come to love the backspace key if I don't have a mouse with back/forward buttons, or I'm on my laptop casually using my trackpad. However today, to my great dismay, I discover that the people making the Chrome browser has decided that backspace is no longer to be used for going back a page any more, because it inconveniences users that apparently don't know how to computer, and use backspace incorrectly and go back a page when they were trying to edit something in a form they were filling out.
There's an extension to bring that back, you know.

Silentpony said:
When people think plot points in things are Easter Eggs.
Yah, that crap is annoying. 'Easter Egg' is now meaningless - It's virtually everything that's not in the dialogue now. And maybe in a year, dialouge spoken by main characters will be considered 'Easter Eggs.'

Twinrehz

May 19, 2014
Country
Norge
AccursedTheory said:
There's an extension to bring that back, you know.
I know, but that's besides the point. My point is that this is a very old feature that has rarely ever caused me any problems, and I can't for the life of me understand how people are able to mess up something so simple as knowing which button does what. I'm also not interested in using an extension that could potentially consume more resources or be another source to fucking things up. The less sources for error, the better.