The Threat of Home Invaders

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I would like to think showing off balisong skills is intimidating enough. If not I have a shitty katana.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Get my gun, screw clothes. If he (or she) has intentions to harm I double tap center mass, if not I subdue the suspect, then contact the police and let them handle it from there.

Reman Khaar

May 26, 2011
Step 1.) Get the shotgun from under the bed.*
Step 2.) Investigate.
Step 3.) ???
Step 4.) Profit.

* Always loaded. Slugs. I live in the city with the third highest violent crime rate in the United States.

Mrrrgggrlllrrrg

Jun 21, 2010
If I am asleep and wake up
1. Grab shotgun, vest up, put on headset, speed dial police station
2. quietly as possible open door
3. activate flashlight and clear the area
4. shoot only on positive identification of threat

If I am awake and screwing around on comp
1. Speed dial police, vest up, and grab shotgun
2. clear lit home
3. shoot anyone thats not friendly

No matter what try to get out to my predesignated safe area less than half a block away, I will never waste time getting fully dressed, at most I'll grab my vest. It helps that I have a dog too.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Of course i get a weapon and check it out, our balcony is easy to get onto and there's large glass windows on our front door and balcony door.
As i've mentioned before, i'm relatively safe since i collect knives of all sizes and high quality flashlights

If i knew someone could try to break in for some reason, i would just go and get my Remington 870 outta the safe

Wtf would i put on clothes for if i am in bed, they could snag on my weapon and my T shirt doesn't protect me from anything more lethal than a gnat fly

This reminded me of the story of the monk who was robbed in his home and gave the thief his only possession, his clothes.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
I would get the shotgun i keep under my bed and go to friken town on the bastard that decided to break into my house.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
hmm, I'd probably quietly lock the door, locate my gun, load that, then maybe try to find pants

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Sane as space invaders! Set up a load of little blocks and get in a little tank thing. Shoot them all down before they reach your door!

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
pubbing said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
pubbing said:
The first thing I grab is my cell phone to call the police if necessary. Then the next thing I grab is my .40 out the closet. I don't worry about pants. I would go into the kitchen and check it out. If nothing I would secure my gun back in its place and go back to sleep. If it was someone I would call the police while I take a defensive position somewhere close. If he makes a threatening gesture I shoot him. If not than I wait for the cops to show up.
Ah you Americans, you always have the simplest answer - a gun! Over here in the UK we gotta improvise!
That is why I will never live there.
I think it is fucked up that you guys can go to jail just for defending your home. Granted you have to be real careful about shooting an intruder here too but at least we don't get charged for a crime when we are the victims.
Haha, such is the world of law. I think things get complicated between USA and UK law since you guys have a written constitution, but UK law is residual (i.e. we can do whatever isn't prohibited by legislation).