The Times They Are a-Changin' (On Hiatus (Indefinite?))

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh, On top of a building, Night. Modern(?) Times
Leigh was a bit confused. ?Trespassing? I?m just passing through though; I only stopped because I wanted to appreciate how high I fell from.? She indicated the Empire State building, towering behind her.
?I just do not quite understand as to why I have to leave through the building. I can easily jump to another, if my presence here bothers you.? These kinds of issues were often few and far between in her own city, where the management wouldn?t accept the damage done by the automaton couriers in certain areas. Residential were usually off limits, but there were exceptions, and Leigh figured that considering the colossal size of the majority of the structures she was surrounded by, that they were not residential.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
MortifiedPenguin said:
Aeronwen, In a Mall At Night, Modern(?) Times
Letting out a low whistle, "How wonderful and cute, would you care to join me and my companions on a journey of magic and discovery?"
The magic had worked, but it seemed distorted to her ears, like what he was saying wasn't quite what she heard.
His tone was theatrical, tinged with a bit of good humor and sarcasm, and though it was hard to tell his facial expression, his brown eyes twinkled.
Roughly though with some care, he moved to her side and grabbed her by the shoulder, the faint smell of alcohol on his breath, and began to gently steer her to his group.
The group was chuckling or giggling, and was about 5 people.
One was dressed like a werewolf, dressed in tattered jeans, and torn sneakers with paws and claws sticking out from it.
His chest, shoulders, and armed looked like movie magic along with his hands, his mask was a crowning point, and looked rather real. The eyes were dull yellow orbs, the teeth sharp and shining, the mouth slightly opened showed a damp red tongue, while inside a faint gleam like yes, or perhaps a throat slick with blood.
Next to him was a blue eyed brunette, wearing a red hood and cloak, holding a basket like purse. With a small white dress in a Swedish fashion, he red heels and matching lips made her stunning in all the wrong ways.
Her face clearly showed distaste towards Aerowen.
Two of them were twins, one dressed in a black suit, the other in white. Both with silver hair (dyed), and blue eyes, both were grinning.
The last was another girl, dressed like a witch, broom, pointy hat and all, her skin was green. Not as in ill, but green as the Wicked Witch.

Ultraman950 said:
Michi, Hawk Hill, California at Night, Modern(?) Times
A faint noise came from behind her from the fallen figure, but was lost as Michi began to gain speed. It was a decent distant from the bridge and running next too the shore seemed to be the easiest path.
Faintly a whining buzz was coming from across the water, now noticeable to her. It maintained its strength for a period of time, and simply seemed to be following as she ran.

Ryans Solution said:
Dune, The Golden Gate Bridge at Night, Modern(?) Times
A few more cars passed by as they walked alongside the bridge,
"Ummm, my mom was dressed like a bunny, and my dad was a knight. We were walking home, and then I was at the bridge, and then I saw you."
Faintly a whining noise was coming nearby, his suit getting static as it reached his ears past the din of the occasional car passing.
It was evident, and seemed to be coming from his left and right. From the left it was weak but growing, from the right it was maintaining force.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, Climbing down a large tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
The man paused and spoke, but instead just gave a thumbs up smiling.
Before Saoshyan could continue downwards, he was roughly grabbed by the back of his clothes upwards. With more strength then he could imagine, Ezekiel pulled him back, Motioning with his free hand to be quiet, he pointed down.
Below them it seemed like Raptors, brightly colored and slightly feathered, 5-7 of them were walking around their tree.
PlastikBulb said:
"Wait, your telling me you jumped from all the way up there (points towards the Empire State), to here (points at his feet)" Brian had taken a few steps closer.
"What are you? Some kind of Parkour Extreme Sports Gal? How could you even jump from this building?" Disbelief quite evident, most of the surrounding buildings were a a couple floors higher or lower then the current one they were on.
The sounds of a helicopter were coming from somewhere nearby, the gentle chopping of wind clear oddly enough.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Wigbert, Fair Grounds in N. California at Night, Modern(?) Times

Wigbert turned around slowly, eyes burning blue, his wing sprouted out his back and his arm glowed brighter. He raised it towards the faux-knights forehead, and let out one arrow. He then unsheathed his blade, ready to do battle with the remaining man.

&#3232_&#3232

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi, after noticing the buzzing noise, slowed and eventually stopped, trying to pinpoint its source. This world was fascinating; so many things she'd never seen before. Was this a new thing for her to discover?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Alexei weighed up his options. He was in an army convoy, in whatever country, being taken to an unknown location. Was he actually in danger? Would it be safer to grab the survival bag and leap off of the back of a speeding truck? He doubted he could survive the fall without injury. Or without being hit by another vehicle in the convoy.

He reached into the capsule and fished out his gun, a tiny makarov, from the survival kit. He tucked it out of sight, into his survival suit, and took a deep breath. Alexei crawled over to the back window of the cab and gently knocked on it.

(Russian: "Hello? Would you mind stopping?")

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh giggled at him, her appreciation at his humour eclipsing whatever worry she might have had were she taking his questions seriously. ?Of course I do parkour, I would not be a very good courier without it, and, well I jumped, obviously.? She pointed to her legs again, kicking them out before her.
?You know, the hydraulics; all down here, providing the power, shock absorbers; easing the landing, and here,? She indicated the bottom of her foot, balancing perfectly as she aimed it at the young man?s face. ?The heel, made of the strongest alloys available, strengthened and toughened to withstand all of my parkour.? She looked thoughtful for a second. ?Oh, and these.? Her talons flicked out from their sheathes, glinting in the torch light and the orange-yellow haze from above. ?Keeps me attached if I decide to go climbing.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

Dune stopped walking and started looking around trying to figure out where the noise was coming from.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, bottom limbs of a big tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Saoshyan looked at the beasts, startled. He had seen the bones of such beasts in the great deserts, but never alive.
He thought for a moment, then lifted his arm, and clenched his fist. It burst into flame with a small whoosh. He clenched it harder, and the flames rose slowly. He concentrated carefully, then threw the ball of flame down among the lizard monster things.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
The person on the beach met another, and decided to make sand castles with him. Birds and crabs looked as sand began to rise and fall by hand.
ruedyn said:
Wigbert, Fair Grounds in N. California at Night, Modern(?) Times
(Remember, location posting and all please)
(While both the men have attacked you, neither has gone for a tackle or anything like that. One has smacked you in the head, the other your shoulder. I guess I should have made it more clear on what they were doing, and the amount of time you have. This is combat reaction time, as in fast and furious, not do a push up and lazily swing. I apologize on my part.)
Ultraman950 said:
It was in the direction of the water and didn't seem to be coming from anywhere, but everywhere at the same time.
The air began to taste strange, almost metallic.
maninahat said:
Alexei, Stuck In a Truck, Modern(?) Times
(Location, remember? You do need to post it in your post, in bold. Makes it easier to keep track of players later on, and for quotes.)
Turning around to look at the knocking, the soldier in the passenger seats face could be described as, surprise.
Fumbling with his rifle, he shouted something in English to the driver.
Slamming down on the breaks, the driver lurched forward, while the rifle slipped out of the others hand.
As for Alexei his faced smacked in to the window, causing a small crack, and bound to leave a bruise. The gun still in hand, the screeches of breaks behind him were evident.
PlastikBulb said:
"Pinch me, I must be dreaming..." Backing off from her a bit, Brian looked at her talons.
"On second thought, don't," looking around as the sound of a chopper was growing, he seemed to think for a second.
"Okay, Leigh, I think you should come with me. You're obviously not from around here, and with what has been going on... Well, it isn't exactly safe for you to go jumping around."
His voice was hesitant but was friendly enough, his eyes were back to looking at hers instead of the talons.
Ryans Solution said:
"Why'd you stop?" Sam (Samy, Salmon) bumped in to Dune as he halted. The whining was now constant and it seemed only Dune was hearing it as no cars stopped, and Sam just looked around puzzled.
His suit was beginning to read system failures, and began clogging his view with pointless bits of light and binary.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, bottom limbs of a big tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
"Good show!" Ezekiel fired his gun down as well towards them, making a loud bang and a flashly bloom of spoke and fire. As the ball of flames reached the ground, it burst and sizzled against soggy moss and foliage, causing the Raptors to scatter.
No evident effect from Ezekiel's gun could be scene from above.
"Lets get down, I'm sure those buggers won't be back any time soon." While his voice couldn't be understood, his actions were clear enough as he grabbed a nearby vine.
Cutting it and giving a few sharp tugs, he repeated the process gathering a decent length.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, rapidly approaching the ground below a large tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
The loud noise startled Saoshyan, who nearly slipped off his precarious perch. Evidently, he had been right, but the eastern weapons were only fire and smoke, and not so loud as that. Not to mention useless from such a distance. He resolved that if he cast the babel spell again, he would ask what the device was.
Righting himself, he saw what Ezekiel was doing, and moved to help, using his small dagger to saw through the vines.
Once they had cut a reasonable number, they braided them, in a way- Ezekiel seemed to have been meaning to tied them end-to-end, but Saoshyan had already dangled by a single vine once that day, and had no interest in doing it again. So they braided two of such rope, and it seemed sturdy enough. It took far longer, but vines so far down the tree weren't likely to be safe by themselves, Saoshyan decided.
Once it was done, about half an hour had passed. They tied the vine-ropes to the branch, and tied the end around their waists, then resumed the climb down.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi stared out over the water, occasionally looking around, trying to pinpoint the source of the sound in vain... The air started tasting funny in a different way. It was unnerving, and fear started replacing her curiosity.

What's going on...? she thought. I don't want to be here anymore... I want to go home...

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007

Alexei, wincing from the impact his head had made with the glass, slowly rose to his feet. What language were those drivers speaking in? It sounded like English. Alexei had a sudden feeling of dread. is this the USA? Did Vostok really go that far off course?

He wondered whether he should make a run for it, rather than be captured by a foreign nation. There wasn't much time to think, and soon the men with rifles would be all around him. As he weighed up the possibility of making a run for it, a thought occurred to him: The CCCP will know where I landed! They will find me, and ask for my return!

Alexei smiled to himself and kept still. He held his hands in view, so as to not frighten the soldiers any further.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

Fucking AIs no... Hackers, someone has to be watching, i'll have to wipe later.

Dune ripped his helmet off his head and cut power to it. He looked around frantically for another minute before going to the power switches on his wrist, cutting power to any other powered systems on his armour, which were mainly diagnostics for the medics.

He hooked his now unpowered helmet to a loop on his lift hip, and pulled his rifle back off of his back.

"My comms have been hacked and someone's watching us. We need to keep moving." He started walking again, this time a little faster than before but still at a pace that Sam could keep up with.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh giggled again at his humour. It wasn?t something she had come across much in her travels, this upfront and innocent manner. She liked it. But she didn?t like it when he backed away, scared.
She lowered her leg and stepped forward, ready to dissuade any negative feelings he might have against automatons, when he spoke again. "Okay, Leigh, I think you should come with me. You're obviously not from around here, and with what has been going on... Well, it isn't exactly safe for you to go jumping around."
?What do you mean, ?with what?s been going on?? Do you mean the jungle? Is that not normally there?? her circuits started firing rapidly, letting her free-wheeling self go, and falling into the copper shod body of an analytical machine.
?I will come with you if you explain things on the way, is that agreeable??

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
PlastikBulb said:
"Sure, I think I got some questions for you as well, so how about we go back and forth?" Motioning as he moved to the door for her to follow, he looked around, the sounds of a chopper growing.
Ryans Solution said:
Catching up with ease, the buzzing still followed but maintained at a constant rate. A metallic taste began to fill the air, and the kid seemed not to react.
Cars stopped for a moment, and the bridge seemed to be vibrating a bit. People got out confused, and wondering what was going on, cell phones were brought out, and people grew worried as nothing got through.
Lights began to flicker, and people began to take notice of Dune and Sam. at the side of the bridge.
A man, in jeans and a simple brown wind breaker, walked up to him. Eying his weapons and armor, "Hey, dude, is that a Halloween costume? Or are you like, some kinda government, police, or hell even a terrorist?"
His tone was worried, and his eyes kept glancing at the kid and looking around.
With brown hair slicked back with gel, and pale skin from business class indoor work.
His face looked at him with an expression of someone on the verge of panicking, and yet held some bravado with such a straight forward question.
maninahat said:
Soon more soldiers and guns were trained on his body, most of them below as he stood on the truck.
With the look of waiting orders, a man in a black suit, and tie, climbed up a ladder on the side on to the back of the truck. Followed by two soldiers, he was average height, grey hair tinged with fading black, Caucasian and looking slightly worse for age, his eyes were a dull blue.
Whispering something in to what looked like a thin black bar with a screen, he held it towards Alexei.
A jumble of sounds and phrases came from it, some sounded like languages he had heard. It eventually landed on Russian. Putting out a phrase, "(Russian-Do you speak any language?)"
Ultraman950 said:
"No, no, no, no. Not here, not now." Jacobi muttered to himself, looking through his goggles and zooming in on Michi, he jogged to catch up with her.
The buzzing was a familiar sound, and with his calculations, it'd only be moments before they'd show up...
---
Something landed out from the sea, landing with a dull thud on the beach. With perfect night vision it was a dull grey disc, about the size of a tire. Multiple seams and edges lined it, and a mysterious clanking was coming from it.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, rapidly approaching the ground below a large tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Following suit, Ezekiel was obviously enjoying things, belaying downwards with the rope on his part, his rifle was slung on his back. Approaching the ground, the dull vibrating had increased. Picking up again, the sounds of branches and tearing was getting close.

Abut 2/3rds down from the tree Saoshyan was, with Ezekiel rapidly approaching. It was a safe enough distance to fall down given the height, "No fear!" as Ezekiel shouted, his voice filled with confidence as he fell with a muted thud, cutting his vine before it pulled at him.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi stared down at the thing that landed on the beach, trying to decide whether she should check it out or keep running. In the end, her curiosity won her over and she started walking toward it carefully, keeping her glowing eyes open for anything else out of the ordinary.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, under a big tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
[p]Saoshyan dropped down next to the Irish British actor hunter, and laughed at the man's bravado. Some things translated without magic.[/p]

[p]He looked around, checking for any of the lizard beasts. He was looking to avoid any surprise attacks.[/p]

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007

Alexei stared at the man in the suit. Ignoring all the soldiers and their guns for a moment, he peered at the curious talking device. What technology was this? When he heard it garble out some Russian, he nodded.

(Russian: "Russian. Yes, I speak Russian.")

He said it slowly and carefully, watching the grey haired man for any kind of response. Remembering the soldiers, he added, (Russian: "I am a friend. Don't shoot.")

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

A metallic taste began filling the air and the noise kept following him.
That taste... I havent tasted that since... the bombings?

A man approached looking panicky, he started to question him like he was involved with whatever's going on
Terrorist? He's a bold bastard to call me a bandit.
"Special forces, and would you mind telling me what the hell's going on here?"

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Ultraman950 said:
Approaching the disk yielded no new results from the sight of it, if anything changed, it was the noise was growing louder, and the buzzing seemed to increase in pitch.
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, under a big tree, New York City, night, modern(?) times
On the ground the scorch marks were still evident from Saoshyan's art, the sounds of trees bending and wood cracking came from down the jungle (street).
"We should leave, something tells me that we're in for something big, and I need to get a bigger gun."
Ezekiel spoke perhaps for the sake of speaking, as he motioned for Saoshyan to follow with haste in the opposite direction.
maninahat said:
Smiling in a disarming way, the man listened to the device after Alexei replied. Motioning to a soldier and whispering in to his ear, he spoke in to the device, and held it out again.
"(Russian-We are American Government, cooperate, and all will be well. Tell me, what year is it?")"
Ryans Solution said:
The man wasn't mollified as he let out a yelp, and ran to his car. Closing the door he looked desperate as he turned his key over and over to no avail.
The phrase appropriate for his expression and actions would be, "Oh dear god! I don't wanna die!"
A familiar sight to say the least, what wasn't welcome was the fact that the bridge was beginning to shake noticeably.