The Times They Are a-Changin' (On Hiatus (Indefinite?))

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Dune and Michi, Near where The Golden Gate Bridge used to be (at Night), Modern(?) Times

What the? Biological, Chemical, Radiological, Sonic?

Dune scrambled back away from the blue thing and grabbed his helmet off the beach.
He felt he'd be safer with it on now. He flicked the advanced filtration on (but kept the rest depowered) and pulled it on.

He began taking deep breaths while he tried to come up with a plan.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh, Bottom of a Stairwell, New York City, Night. Modern(?) Times
Leigh hurried after him, her apology drowned in the clattering of his boots and metal echo of her feet. ?I take it,? she said between strides, ?that you were not expecting me to come from 1886? That means that I am no longer there, and that I am currently in a different time. I would like to know what, please.?

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Wigbert, The Land Between Lands, Uknown
Wigbert sighed in frustration. He KNEW she wouldn't be able to answer his salvo of questions, but that was smothered byhis usual high expectations for the reincarnation of somebody apparently famous. He sighed and decided to ask that question.
(German- "Who is Joan of Arc? You said you were like her in some way, I think. Better yet, when can we start moving again? I want to stab something right now...")

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Ultraman950 said:
Dune and Michi, Near where The Golden Gate Bridge used to be (at Night), Modern(?) Times
(He dropped the gun, and took the child instead, while bleeding at the same time from most of his cranial orifices. My bad on the grammar error in the last post, was feeling the itis.)
Ryans Solution said:
As Michi told the man to stop, he looked puzzled, as if hearing something stranger (then the fact that the person speaking was blue, and glowing) being said to him. Blinking a few times, he simply dropped the child and stood straight, swaying slightly, his mouth opening and closing silently.
---
Dune on the other hand wasn't affected, whether it was his helmet or otherwise, his mind and body were clear.
On one side to the left of him was the young woman unconscious on her back, in front of him and to the right was the dark blue lithe figure, glowing and speaking to the man further ahead.
The man was now standing still as he spoke and had dropped Sam on to the sand.
He still had all his gear for the most part, intact and fine save the machete.
maninahat said:
Alexei, Unknown, Modern(?) Times
"We could, we could, it'd be a long and terrifying wait if your that kind of man. No, you have a choice return to Russia and do what you can there, just leave and do whatever you want from here, but let me share something with you. Chances are you can move easily in time, and more or less, space. You're an anomaly already, and apparently according to testing our scientists did on mice, you can affect how time works, to a degree."

Chuckling a bit, "I'm from the future myself, and have been working with the U.S.A for over 30 years, and barely aged a day past 37. Not everyone who goes through time, or object for that matter, goes through without being affected in someway. For me, immortality more or less. For you, with practice, you can go and be anywhere."

Leaning forward and whispering, face angled downward, his eyes looking in to Alexei, "So how'd you care for saving the world, and a chance for Home?"
PlastikBulb said:
"Not... Exactly... You... See..." Between bounding strides, it seemed that either the staircase was getting smaller, or they were moving faster, for a moment Leigh saw something her eyes couldn't register. Both herself and the area around Brian bending and condensing, before snapping back.
The stair case itself held signs and numbers to mark floors, the occasional one said "Emergency/Maintenance Stairs.", others maps of the building. They were skipping numbers, of that Leigh could be sure on.
"I type, on my laptop, like a type-writer, I wrote a story without thinking, and it was set in, 1870's, about a guy, named Jackson Thomas."
Huffing and puffing, the end was in sight for the ground floor.
ruedyn said:
Wigbert, The Land Between Lands, Unknown
Shrugging in reply, "Joan of arc, led the French Army to several victories during one of their wars, a young woman she said that she heard the word of God to lead them. Later captured and prosecuted, she was made a saint after her death years later."
Pulling tightly with her hands as if reigning in the mist like a kite, it began to part partially.
It revealed a dark forest, filled with wolf men, arched around a circled carved in blood and clay of a soft white. Torches lit them in a dark circle.
Turning to the gap and staring a the duo, one did a very wolf man thing, it leaped. Claws stretched and blood clear on fang and maw, it passed through the mist, before Ash released her hands, the mist closing.
With a strangled yelp it managed to Knock her off the horse.

Flung off and falling over the bridge in to the mist, a scream came in her direction.
Wigbert was left with a wolf man, a horse, a now dead horse with said wolf man on top of it, and no Ash to do her thing.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi began approaching the man slowly and carefully, keeping him surpressed as best she could, before gently picking up Sam and walking back to where she was, between the man and his rifle. She wasn't sure if this would work, but she wanted answers, and she wanted them now.

"You... will tell me how you brought me here, and... and what you want with this child." The unfamiliar words still felt alien on her tongue, but she kept her voice steady. "Right now."

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Alexei, Unknown, Modern(?) Times

Alexei raised his eyebrows. It was a lot to take in - the end of the world, time travel and a man who claims to be from the future. The sceptic in him was all for getting out of the chair and leaving on the next flight to Moscow. But curiosity kept him rooted to the chair. What this man was saying was utterly absurd. Impossible. But then it was only a short while ago that Alexei had been into outer space - the first man in the World to do so. Many people would have said that was impossible too. Besides, with the option of leaving still open, he might as well stay for a bit and glean whatever valuable information he could out from this important and probably insane man.

"So how'd you care for saving the world, and a chance for Home?"

"All right", said Alexei, "I'll stay for a while. If only to see how far you're willing to take this whole charade."

He held out a hand for the man to shake.

"What's your name, by the way?"

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

Dune realized the man had said telepath before he started leaking, which would mean psychics are not just real but the blue woman was some form of psionicist. The thought was exciting but also terrifying.

He slinked over to the woman on the ground and crouched beside her. He began trying to make her conscious as quietly as possible.

PlastikBulb

Mar 21, 2012
Leigh?s photoreceptors flashed and blinked rapidly, trying to comprehend the dual information coming at her. She quickly reset one orb then the other, making sure she wasn?t seeing things, and addressed the most pressing issue. ?That name is the name of my father.?

It wasn't that the strange reality disturbances were unimportant to Leigh. They were, there was obviously something going on here. The world didn't just pull like that. And not only that, the missing numbers could have been from maintenance issues, but that was unlikely in a building this tall. Still, those nagging problems paled in comparison to Leigh?s love for her father. And if there was even the smallest chance of something to do with him occurring wherever she had found herself, then she?d follow it to the ends of the earth.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Wigbert wasn't having the best of days, decidedly. His trans-dimensional guide was probably dead now too. He sighed before pulling out his sword, hopping off his horse. Splitting the targets was mostly what he was doing, he wanted to know if it wanted to kill him or was just hungry. Wigbert entered his most aggressive stance, brandishing his sword at the monster.
(German- "Go on whelp, shoo!")

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Saoshyan, Lobby of a building near the jungle, New York City, night, modern(?) times
Sorry, procrastinating. Also, Leigh is in the same building as Sao isn't she. :|
Looking around frantically for a solution, Saoshyan spied the dim hallway in the back. Hoping a solution would present itself, he headed down it, giving Ezekiel an apologetic frown, before going down it.
He silently went through his prayers to Ahura Mazda, asking for protection for his friend.

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
Ultraman950 said:
Ryans Solution said:
Dune's attempt to wake the woman were to no avail, seeing the blue figure halt the man with her voice it seemed, followed by picking Sam up. Turning around, carrying Sam, Dune got a clear shot of what he could assume was a her...
<spoiler=Michi>Large, faintly-glowing blue eyes; midnight-blue skin and hair with bio-luminescent specks all over; hair tied back in a long ponytail; form-fitting dark-green clothing that appears to be made from some sort of organic material also with some bio-luminescence, no shoes; lithe build.
A curved sword similar to a katana was at her side in a sheath as well, along with a few small pouches and bags.
... choosing to ignore him, she turned to face the rifle wielder and spoke again...
---
"You... will tell me how you brought me here, and... and what you want with this child." The unfamiliar words still felt alien on her tongue, but she kept her voice steady. "Right now."
---
Choosing to ignore the armored figure hunched over the other person, and facing the man Michi let forth her voice. The feeling of speaking was all she felt, with no stress or familiar feelings in her mind. The only way to tell if she was having an effect was by the rifleman and his state.
Blinking one eye and the other slowly and strangely, the man listened to her, and shuddered. Almost to quiet for her to hear, he spoke, "Weak..."
The tone was not his voice from before, but strangely familiar. She couldn't place it, but it was from recently.
---
Falling face down in to the sand, stiff as a bored, he appeared to be dead.
Sam on the other hand, was starting to wake up, the feeling of her stirring in Michi's grasps was evident.

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
The girl in the white dress simply ignored her and whispered something to the wolf, how rude; Aeronwen was sure she hadn't done something to cause offence, so why was the girl in the white dress treating her like she had? Aeronwen tried to put it to the back of her mind, but it still niggled at her as the other, more polite people offered her greetings and salutations. Well hopefully they were, it may have been her lack of concentration or the foul thoughts that put her at unease with the strange group or she had just presumed too much - the spell was already causing her to tire, she would have to dispel it soon, but then the buzzing started it. It was like the hum of a thousand bees, but no bees were present, she decided to keep it up to find out what was causing the distracting buzz.

Trying to not look as strained as she was she asked, almost shouting over the buzz, "What is that?"

Sorry about posting so intermittently

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Michi stared at the man's seemingly dead body in shock until the stirring in her arms broke her thoughts. New ones entered her head as she now looked upon the small being she held. It didn't look too much different from a child of the same age from her own people, all told. Their skin tended to darken around this age, and would quickly develop luminescence not long after it began eating solid foods. She got the feeling that none of that would happen with this child...

She didn't want to lose sight of it. If that strange metal thing was to be believed, this child was going to destroy both this land, and her own people. Half of her mind was demanding that she drop it into the water and leave. The other half demanded she let it live. It was only a child, after all. It couldn't even feed itself yet. How could she possibly kill it? All she could do to appease both sides at all was agree that it wasn't to be left behind. She would watch it, every hour if she had to, to make sure nothing happened... but it wasn't hers.

The Shaman looked over at the other person, the one in the armor tending to the unconscious one. Hopefully, he would be friendlier than the dead one was. "What... Who are you? Do you know whose this is?"

Raynoson

Mar 31, 2011
maninahat said:
Alexei, Omega, Modern(?) Times
Taking the hand and shaking it firmly,
"Call me Evan, and let me be the first to welcome you to area Omega, base of operations for all things out of this world, or out of place."

The walls of the study like room opened up on each side, swinging outward to the right to reveal a massive warehouse space. The roof of the room they were in slid outward with the assistance of a fork lift like machine, similar devices painted a dull orange and black moved the other walls apart. No drivers or operators were present, though each held three black camera lenses in the center.
Metallic crabs were the best way to describe them, int heir odd clunky fashion, as each of their legs and arms were fully revealed.
Above showed a roof of rock like a cave, girders and lights hanging from them along with numerous metal boxes and pipes, all around them were shelves and crates, some metal, others plastic, and numerous ones either changing color, emitting light, and more.
"We're currently in what we consider our closet of this place, and we'll be heading to get equipped shortly. You were right by the way, we don't have flying cars, we have platforms."
The floor beneath them shifted with a whisper, and they were now hovering in the air, the chairs, table, and desks barely showing signs of movement.
PlastikBulb said:
SamtheDeathclaw said:
Saoshyan, Lobby of a building near the jungle, New York City, night, modern(?) times
"I was in the middle, of writing, how he was making something, when I had, to go on, patrol. Reaching the bottom of the stairs he fumbled with a set of keys to open a door, a small window revealing a simple hallway lit by lights, and with the walls colored a dull sea green.
A few doors lined the sides, one clearly indicating bathrooms for modern times, along with one on the opposite end.
Coming out from the door was a man, in clear view of the window, and of the faces behind it.
<spoiler=Saoshyan>Sao dresses in all-red robes, with a red turban and slippers. He is thin, with many intricate tattoos across his face, arms and torso, most of which are images of either fire, water, or the night sky. He isn't especially muscular, owning to his training as a priest taking most of his time. He has dark brown hair worn short, and bright green eyes.
---
Saoshyan came through the door, more doors lined the sides of the walls, and the one across held the face of an Asian wearing a simple blue cap typical to security, and with black saved hair at the sides.
ruedyn said:
Confused and conflicted, the wolf man took a few moments to stop and smell the air, and view it's surroundings. Opting out most options, in leap at the man and the sword.
A faint screaming like a voice from down a well was in the background.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"Combat 101. NEVER jump at a guy with a sword." Wigbert said loudly, holding his sword in the wolfmans direction, it would probably impale itself. The knight braced himself.
'How deep is that hole?'

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

Please don't fry me.

He stopped and turned to look at her "My name is Dune, and the girl was lost when she found me."

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

Perhaps she's an orphan, Michi thought. That would make things easier...

There was something about this Dune that she felt was... out of place. Admittedly, her knowledge of this area was limited at best, but she couldn't shake the feeling that he was just as strange here as she was. His armor was the most telling thing.

"Are you... from around here?" she asked.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada

"No, I think I blacked out or something. Do you know which sector this is?"

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010

"Sector? What do you mean? If you're asking me which gathering this cave system belongs to, I don't know. I just want to know how I get back to my own caves... And what to do about this..."

She looked back down at the child in her arms.