The tragic end to two Internet 1.0 icons: Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka passes away and Shadman is arrested.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Before the escapist v1, one of the the most infamous parts of the internet that gave birth to some of the most infamous icons of the internet. Rich "Lowtax" Kyana and Shadman, they were along with Christopher poole the most infamous examples of Internet 1.0's debauchery and edgy content that influenced the millenial generation. Unfortunately with their infamy also came a self destructive lifestyle.

It definitely feels surreal to see two iconic legends of the untamed internet end up like this, but I feel this feels like a hallmark of internet infamy finally being buried at last as the internet become more controlled and sanitized than ever. The age of online memes and snark slowly disappearing under the eye of corporations

Reactions: gorfias

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Two terrible people finally reaps what they had sown from the days where the internet was a wild west so to speak

But it is also a tragedy because its still a part of internet 1.0 gone.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Not sure they even managed that.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't like nor care for either assholes, but somebody worse can and will take their place. A reminder that...

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Is Shadman really that old? Like Lowtax, sure, but Shadman started on the Newgrounds art pages and that puts him in the latter half of Newgrounds’ existence.

But in any case, our world has experienced grievous injury as a result of Lowtax’s most infamous decision, banning hentai from his website. Truly a cursed man.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Is Shadman really that old? Like Lowtax, sure, but Shadman started on the Newgrounds art pages and that puts him in the latter half of Newgrounds’ existence.

But in any case, our world has experienced grievous injury as a result of Lowtax’s most infamous decision, banning hentai from his website. Truly a cursed man.
I mean, it doesn't really matter where the 4chan kids ended up, they'd be just as terrible regardless

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Is Shadman an internet icon? You could make that argument for lowtax since he made something awful, but how is Shadman one?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is Shadman an internet icon? You could make that argument for lowtax since he made something awful, but how is Shadman one?
I don't consider him an internet icon, but he did get popular through Newgrounds, 4chan, and various hentai sites. Other than that, I don't know who else would consider him an internet icon. He's just another douchebag that got "popular" in the underground or darker parts of the internet. The fact that so many are saying "who" in this thread, speaks high volumes that most people don't know about either of them.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I don't consider him an internet icon, but he did get popular through Newgrounds, 4chan, and various hentai sites. Other than that, I don't know who else would consider him an internet icon. He's just another douchebag that got "popular" in the underground or darker parts of the internet. The fact that so many are saying "who" in this thread, speaks high volumes that most people don't know about either of them.
I only know Lowtax since I saw an article on kotaku that reminded me that something awful was even a thing. I do remember its photoshop fridays and dnd stuff being pretty funny though.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Before the escapist v1, one of the the most infamous parts of the internet that gave birth to some of the most infamous icons of the internet. Rich "Lowtax" Kyana and Shadman, they were along with Christopher poole the most infamous examples of Internet 1.0's debauchery and edgy content that influenced the millenial generation. Unfortunately with their infamy also came a self destructive lifestyle.

It definitely feels surreal to see two iconic legends of the untamed internet end up like this, but I feel this feels like a hallmark of internet infamy finally being buried at last as the internet become more controlled and sanitized than ever. The age of online memes and snark slowly disappearing under the eye of corporations

I can't work up much emotion for the death of a spouse abusing chump, and a complete fucking idiot with delusions of his own importance getting tossed in jail for breaking the law.

LOL19.jpeg

Reactions: BrawlMan