The Trump Who Stole Christmas. Trump tanks Stimulus Talks, No COVID-19 Relief= Millions Lose Access to Food, Shelter and Medicine

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Are other first world countries having this much trouble making stimulus bills? Can someone give me a run down on what other wealthy countries have done for the working class during the pandemic?
Not a lot, especially - they've done similar things.

Although that's in the context that they generally have better social protections for the less affluent in the first place, so there's less they'd need to do anyway.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Are other first world countries having this much trouble making stimulus bills? Can someone give me a run down on what other wealthy countries have done for the working class during the pandemic?
Not generally because other western nations do not have the GOP blocking access to healthcare, food, shelter ect. Most other western nations would universally see that as abhorrent, as the parties in power there actually support universal healthcare and a strong safety Net. It is just the US who has these idiots in charge that are fine with making their people suffer and die.. If the republicans would just be willing to catch up with the rest of the world, this would have been done already. Wouldn't it be nice if the US could catch up to these nations that are now just trying to figure out if Internet is a right or not? Was it the Netherlands that was determining internet to be a right? I can't remember which country I read was doing that...

The sooner people STOP voting for republicans entirely, the sooner these things can happen.

Reactions: Tireseas and Raiku

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
He's my daily news. The only youtuber that doesn't clickbait or waste your time.

One thing I wish this guy would stop doing is how he opens his videos, he actually DOES waste your time with the way he summarizes in the opening, and often rather badly. He also seems to be biased AGAINST Pelosi and skips the importance of what she has actually been doing, not just this video, but others. The $400 unemployment is such BS when you look at how much money they are giving to the wealthy in this.

Why didn't he discuss any of the issue with the Money that Trump wants to be able to withhold and distribute at will? Why didn't he discuss what else was in the bill and the issue that Pelosi wants resolved to pass it?

The context is though we have a global Pandemic and economic collapse that hasn't been this bad since the Great Depression, so comparing to under Obama would e a disservice to add adequate perspective.

The reason you would need a better news source is he skipped a lot of what was actually happening here and the information he presented was rather biased. There have been some of these same people calling for Pelosi's removal from the beginning, so that part wasn't really new news here at all, but wasted time on that instead of focusing on everything that was in the bill and what Pelosi and others say need to be in the bill, He didn't bring that up at all here. How much was going to the airlines? How much was going to business owners? How much to corporations? He didn't talk about ANY of that at all here.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
CNN Wolf attacks Pelosi for tanking the Trump relief bill

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Well, let's be blunt. The Democrats surely did want their plan which their conditions were all over and was definitely theirs, rather than handing Trump a blank cheque he could pass off as his own for a huge electoral boost, and were prepared to let the people go without as the price to pay.

At best they might make an argument that it would be better to withhold the money than to risk it being misused by an incompetent administration. But surely Trump would just send Americans a big, fat check with his big, fat signature all over, because it's basically legal bribery. On the other hand if the aim is to relieve immediate hardship, a big dollop of money straight into people's accounts is far from the worst idea.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Well, let's be blunt. The Democrats surely did want their plan which their conditions were all over and was definitely theirs, rather than handing Trump a blank cheque he could pass off as his own for a huge electoral boost, and were prepared to let the people go without as the price to pay.

At best they might make an argument that it would be better to withhold the money than to risk it being misused by an incompetent administration. But surely Trump would just send Americans a big, fat check with his big, fat signature all over, because it's basically legal bribery. On the other hand if the aim is to relieve immediate hardship, a big dollop of money straight into people's accounts is far from the worst idea.
Trump didn't do what he was supposed to with the money in the first place so why would we give him more? He tried to withhold FEMA money from fire victims because he didn't feel they supported him. That is not the purpose of the money at all.

The hang up now is over the millions who lost their health insurance when they lost their jobs in the middle of a pandemic as well as the Testing and tracing plan and that they know that the unemployed need more money than is currently being allocated by this, and that money needs to be retroactive taking effect where it dropped off rather than screwing them out of the time taking place between then and now.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Trump didn't do what he was supposed to with the money in the first place so why would we give him more? He tried to withhold FEMA money from fire victims because he didn't feel they supported him. That is not the purpose of the money at all.

The hang up now is over the millions who lost their health insurance when they lost their jobs in the middle of a pandemic as well as the Testing and tracing plan and that they know that the unemployed need more money than is currently being allocated by this, and that money needs to be retroactive taking effect where it dropped off rather than screwing them out of the time taking place between then and now.
The obvious criticism is that arguably misapplied covid relief funds are arguably better than no relief funds at all, and that's why someone might be inclined to be critical of Pelosi. It's far from all her fault of course - there's the executive and effectively the Senate also in the whole debate - but she can still be asked some tough questions.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
The obvious criticism is that arguably misapplied covid relief funds are arguably better than no relief funds at all, and that's why someone might be inclined to be critical of Pelosi. It's far from all her fault of course - there's the executive and effectively the Senate also in the whole debate - but she can still be asked some tough questions.
There's also systemic racism, and she had been a part of the system for some 40 years.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I also agree with that( even misapplied funds are better than no relief), as long as they are putting the money in there for those who need it most. I am not sure they have really done that yet though. We are hearing about people losing their health insurance due to job loss right now and not being able to get their cancer meds and they are not actually addressing that in this bill either right now as the GOP "refuses to give Obamacare any money", Pelosi is counting on the wealthy putting enough pressure on the GOP and Trump himself at this point to make them finally agree to put the funding for the poor in there that they really need here just to give the wealthy what they want. This IS her only shot to get the help for the poor at all because you know as well as I do, that once the wealthy get what they want the poor will not see another dime of relief. SO people really need to keep that in mind here, this will be all the poor will get at all, there is no such thing as " more help for poor coming later" this is all they get to last for months, at least February at the earliest.

The idea they can "take this now and work for more later" is just not going to happen. Once the GOP gets what they want, no more help will come at all.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
"One major area of disagreement continues to be that the White House lacks an understanding of the need for a national strategic testing plan," Hammill tweeted. "The Speaker believes we must reopen our economy & schools safely & soon, & scientists agree we must have a strategic testing plan."

Another area of disagreement is how much aid should be extended to state and local governments, which are struggling to fund the emergency response to the pandemic while simultaneously being squeezed by a loss of tax revenue.

Democrats had proposed $436 billion in aid for those localities, while the White House countered with $300 billion. Mnuchin on Wednesday said that number marked "an extraordinary compromise" on the part of the administration, suggesting the White House is not ready to raise its offer.

Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.) said Democrats are also wary of how the state and local funds are allocated. He accused Republicans of manipulating the language in earlier rounds of emergency relief to ensure that red states benefited disproportionately.

"This is one place where the details matter a lot," Foster said on a press call. "A small town in Wyoming or Montana got, I think, five times more money than a small town in Illinois."

Another sticking point surrounds GOP demands for language protecting businesses and schools from liability if workers or students contract the virus — a demand Mnuchin amplified Wednesday.

Democrats are insisting that those liability protections be excluded, and appear equally unyielding in that demand.

"I think that it should be a dealbreaker for us to leave it in there," said Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.). "We have to make sure that there is some accountability for safety of workers. And right now, that's now where they are."

I really wish the GOP would stop putting language in there that undermines people being able to sue people for negligence and be able to distribute the funding appropriately. I am worried though this is cutting it terribly close to November. I am afraid that win or lose Trump will have no motivation to pass anything as he doesn't really care about anyone other than himself once the election is over.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Stimulus update: McConnell nixes Trump 'big' proposal

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell appeared to put an end to any pre-election prospects for President Donald Trump's latest big stimulus proposal on Thursday, saying he had no plans to bring to the floor any package at $1.8 trillion or above.

McConnell, reflecting his GOP members who recently ripped into White House officials over the size of their latest $1.8 trillion proposal, has been cool for more than a week to the stimulus approach Trump says he's interested in securing. He explicitly said Thursday he wouldn't put an agreement in the range of $1.8 to $2.2 trillion on the Senate floor.

Instead, McConnell plans to put a $500 billion proposal on the floor next week -- approximately one-fourth of what Pelosi and Mnuchin are currently discussing. Asked about the ongoing Trump administration negotiations at the higher level, McConnell acknowledged they were still underway. But he made clear he's going in a different direction.

"That's not what I'm going to put on the floor," McConnell told reporters in Kentucky.

"That's where the administration's willing to go," McConnell said of the $1.8 trillion topline number proposed by Trump. "My members think what we laid out, a half a trillion dollars, highly targeted, is the best way to go."

Asked if a compromise in the higher range was possible, McConnell said: "I don't think so."

McConnell's comments effectively put an end to any possibility of the enactment of a large-scale stimulus deal before the election -- something most on Capitol Hill had accepted was out of reach over the last several days."

"Senate Republicans, in a private conference call over the weekend, also tore into the Trump administration's proposal as far too expensive and filled with policies they found objectionable, sources on the call told CNN at the time.

The blow back led Trump's top two negotiators, Mnuchin and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, to ask lawmakers to pass a standalone small business aid bill.

Despite the current lack of buy-in among Republicans on the Hill, Trump claimed on Fox Business that would be on board with additional spending."

Meanwhile, Trump still thinks the GOP will agree to a big proposal. I think he may need to have a talk with McConnell because they seem to be on opposite pages here.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Meanwhile, Trump still thinks the GOP will agree to a big proposal. I think he may need to have a talk with McConnell because they seem to be on opposite pages here.
It looks as if McConnell is sacrificing Trump to protect himself. And I love to watch them stab each other in the back.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It looks as if McConnell is sacrificing Trump to protect himself. And I love to watch them stab each other in the back.
I don't even think he is protecting himself, why would McConnell's constituents actually want to cause the greatest depression, even worse than the first one? I think he is just a horrible person tbh.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I don't even think he is protecting himself, why would McConnell's constituents actually want to cause the greatest depression, even worse than the first one? I think he is just a horrible person tbh.
Protecting himself in as much as he doesn't go along with Trump, hoping to avoid that particular albatross going around his neck. But McConnell doesn't give a shit if this tanks the economy because he holds us in utter contempt. He also probably assumes he's going to beat Amy McGrath because his "poison all the wells" strategy has worked for him so far and made Kentucky one of the dirtiest states to run in.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The blame goes to Mcconnell, not Trump, Trump will sign anything(stimulus-related) on his desk right now to improve his poll ratings.

Reactions: Tireseas

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
The blame goes to Mcconnell, not Trump, Trump will sign anything(stimulus-related) on his desk right now to improve his poll ratings.
Trump needs to get his boy in line though, he has bullied any other GOP who disagree with him right? Otherwise it is a good cop bad cop show and no one is buying it. If it really bothers' trump he puts out attack ads against them and calls them names. If he hasn't done that yet, then it must be fo show.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Trump wanted to be president, the top of the GOP. If he can't get McConnell in line, that is a failure of leadership on Trump's part.
McConnel might've read the signs and realized that the president is headed for some hot water, and that he'll make a splash. I think Mitch is trying to distance himself from Trump while pushing the "fiscally conservative" bullshit. Meanwhile Trump is probably going to scream about Pelosi and the democrats refusing to make a deal and of course some of his base will eat it up.

But now that a crack has been found in the relationship between Trump and McConnel people need to push on it, perhaps make Trump throw a tantrum about how badly Mitch has treated him over the years, make him act like the spoiled fool we know him to be.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
There's also systemic racism, and she had been a part of the system for some 40 years.
Being a part of a system =\= being the part responsible for keeping systemic racisms in place. John Lewis and Bernie Sanders have also been a part of the system, that STILL doesn't mean they were the reason for persistent systemic racism either. There are government officials at all levels of government that are responsible for system racism, and there are also government officials at all levels of government that are not. Simply being part of the government does not mean you are the part responsible for systemic racism. That is the ignorant thing from this approach, so what if they are " part of a system", what did they personally have control over? While there most certainly are racist democrat's, almost the entirety of the GOP has been responsible for keeping it in place. John Lewis was a democrat for a reason.

Last edited: