The UK Top Ten Review: 27/05/12

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:
I'll probably be travelling in from home for the Olympics, which makes it even worse!!
I hate Bank tube station at the best of times, but when it's the connecting station for 3 different lines in order to go towards the Olympic Park?! *shudders*
There's no Air Conditioning!!
Perfect opportunity to unleash my highly contagious biological badger virus

Man, that's gonna stink.
Let me know when to buy a gasmask.

I reckon there'll be a lot of fainting from the heat as well. Not exactly going to help the Emergency Services, that.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Ooh I'd heard Too Close around, had been wondering what it was actually called. I'd thought it was probably a remix of something.
Nothing else on this top 10 is any good though. Rihanna and the Wanted in particular can fuck right off. Blaaaaand.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
TheBobmus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
TheBobmus said:
I'll probably be travelling in from home for the Olympics, which makes it even worse!!
I hate Bank tube station at the best of times, but when it's the connecting station for 3 different lines in order to go towards the Olympic Park?! *shudders*
There's no Air Conditioning!!
Perfect opportunity to unleash my highly contagious biological badger virus

Man, that's gonna stink.
Let me know when to buy a gasmask.

I reckon there'll be a lot of fainting from the heat as well. Not exactly going to help the Emergency Services, that.
Thats actually one of the leading causes of delays on the underground. People skip breakfast, then after 30 mins standing in 30 degree heat they faint. Someone pulls the emergency alarm, station staff have to attend and determine whats going on etyc.

then the train behind is stuck in a tunnel so it gets even hotter, someone else faints and the whole thing starts over

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Why?! Why are these things in my home?!
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with our country?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
How the hell Call me Maybe made it into the top 10 or people started liking it is still a mystery to me. I'd rather listen to the cries of a twilight fangirl.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
I see a distinctive lack of dark ambient music here.

Also that Gotye song is the most irritating song of the past year.

Weird. I remember just a few months ago when fun. were just that-band-hayley-williams-likes. They've really exploded.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Random Argument Man said:
How the hell Call me Maybe made it into the top 10 or people started liking it is still a mystery to me. I'd rather listen to the cries of a twilight fangirl.
I'd rather stab a needle into both my eardrums than listen to either...

But guys, without the Top 40 charts the populace wouldn't get their weekly dose of Nicki Minaj...

I hate the public music taste.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Powereaver said:
Gotye is currently on his 8th week at number 1 in a row on the US charts also.
Wut.
It's not that great, just like someone randomly chose a crappy alternative song to go famous, and the mob loved it because it was slightly different. There's a lot better stuff out there going ignored because of that damn song.
Also I'm running out of things to say about it!

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
Man the U.K charts are stagnant. Need somebody decent to put out a song that gets popular. Like the Black Keys or something.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I can't bring myself to hate 'Call Me Maybe,' if only because it spawned one of my favourite videos on the internet:

Aside from that, I despair for the music taste of today etc etc.