The Ultimate Lego-Halo Crossover That You Can Wear

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Ultimate Lego-Halo Crossover That You Can Wear

In what can only be described as an epic collision of nerd ubercultures, a 15-year-old Halo [http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304957508&sr=8-1] fan has built a complete, wearable replica of the Master Chief's armor out of Lego.

Halo cosplay and Lego may not be the most obvious combination ever but it sure rang a bell for Ben Caulkins, aka Benny Brickster [http://www.flickr.com/photos/origin-of-the-brick/], the talented teenager who first started work on the Mjolnir Mark VI armor back in October 2010. Six months later, it's finally finished and looks absolutely amazing, even if Caulkins himself is a little short for a Spartan.
[gallery=235]
The building process began with the helmet but the torso armor proved to be the most time-consuming piece to build. The odd shapes of the arm and leg plates presented unique challenges as well, and Caulkins said he's not entirely satisfied with the upper arms because they're a little undersized. "But I couldn't make them any bigger, otherwise I wouldn't be able to flex my arm (plus I couldn't bear the extra weight)," he explained.

He gave the suit its first public test run at the Lego Fun at Lyndhurst festival and it came through with flying colors. He originally intended to just have it on display but ended up wearing it for the entire event. "This proved that I could move in it without too much damage occurring (one lost piece and one part that came undone)," he wrote. "Also, it stood up pretty well against Lego's main adversary, the hands of small and curious children. Also, the helmet went through quite an ordeal, having to be placed on the heads of around 100 children."

It's hard to describe this thing as anything but "awesome" so I'm just going to stick with that - awesome work, Ben!

Source: The Brothers Brick [http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/05/08/life-sized-halo-master-chief-costume-made-out-of-lego/]

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
This kid is awesome. If it did survive the 100 children that wore it, then that is some amazing lego work there.

Now...Where can I buy the right amount of lego to make one of my own?

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
Most amazing thing I've seen today. Those people in the picture have mixtures of disgust and confusion on their faces.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
Suddenly the accomplishments I spent the last couple months working on don't seem as awesome...damn kids and their lego halo suits...

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
That is simply fucking awesome, although I'd prefer ODST armour (because I'm picky like that)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Wow.

How on earth does it not fall apart when he moves?

Huh. And to think I used to be proud of the little Lego forts I made as a kid.

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
That's pretty damn fantastic! Someone get this kid a job in...

...shit, I dunno. Lego armour building?

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Holy shit. What's funny about this is that his LEGO suit looks way better than most other Master Chief plastic costumes I've seen.

LEGO really needs to request this armor so that they can write manuals on how to build it. And then sell those manuals to us. With the pieces necessary to build it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I bet that thing was also an instrument of bodybuilding as well. That's a lot of plastic to have on your shoulders.
Awesome work.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
I want instruction books, lego pieces, a solid amount of badassness, and a bottle of jack. This is gonna take awhile, let's do it.

But seriously, how the hell many bricks did that take? that's just amazing

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
This is in the running for the most awesome feat of fandom I have ever seen. (bet he can't make an Arbiter one though)

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
I doubt he'd be able to teabag anyone in it though...

Edit: And even if he could we'd have players coughing up lego creations in their droves.
*cough* "Oh look, it's a house complete with white picket fence"