The Official Screenshot Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Bit more Metroid Dread, spoilered, cuz they are.

I think it's giving me the stink eye. That one too. And that one too.

Yes, menacingly but very slowly crawl towards me while I melt your face away. Really showing that research robot intelligance and adaptability.

"OMGZ, IT AM THE KRAID!" Serious bonus points if you actually remember this most ancient of memes.

What do you think would happen if I told him everyone knows that the bird is the word?

I am backlit by lightning. That means I'm very scary!

Look at this douche sitting on his throne. Fuck that cutscene prompt too, I'm gonna shoot it.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Hey, are you getting ice cream? Can I come too?

Mission accomplished. Planet destroyed. That makes 5. One more and I'll get a free sundae at Space Baskin-Robbins.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
No Man's Sky has some sort of Dune-inspired Expeditions update. Expeditions mode is probably a better start point for ppl looking for actual direction and a quicker progression with introduction to all the added mechanics, and it rewards with stuff to use in main game, etc etc...anyway, sandworms!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-76.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-73.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-74.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-75.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker-77.jpg

Reactions: Chimpzy and gorfias

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
If you gonna overcompensate, might as well go the whole hog...

ezgif.com-gif-maker-80.jpg

Played so much GoW yet only halfway through new game plus while on hallucinogens did it occur to me just how many numbers there are on the menu screen I usually pay no attention to. Imagine being a classic GoW fan and seeing that as the first screenshot for the redesign!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-81.jpg

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
ezgif.com-gif-maker-75.jpg

*Cough* Nope, The Persistence is adamant it hasn't seen the film Interstellar. No siree!

ezgif.com-gif-maker-76.jpg

This game won't stop kicking my ass, I hate it. But I love it. But goddamn.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-77.jpg

This area has a wonderful array of pinks and reds on the next gen HDR version my TV shows, yet now it's uploaded here it seems to have lost all the attractive funkiness. 😔

ezgif.com-gif-maker-80.jpg

On your left is The Eternal Cylinder. On your right is a glowy pyramid. And everything in the middle is whatever the fuck you want it to be, cause I don't bloody know.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
View attachment 4913

*Cough* Nope, The Persistence is adamant it hasn't seen the film Interstellar. No siree!
Not to be an "ackchyually" guy, but that particular visualisation of a black hole was around for a while before Interstellar, it's just that the movie was the first time it was shown with that kind of fidelity and accuracy.
View attachment 4916

On your left is The Eternal Cylinder. On your right is a glowy pyramid. And everything in the middle is whatever the fuck you want it to be, cause I don't bloody know.
Cubiphants?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Not to be an "ackchyually" guy, but that particular visualisation of a black hole was around for a while before Interstellar, it's just that the movie was the first time it was shown with that kind of fidelity and accuracy.
Cubiphants?
Aw, Cubiphants is a pleasant species word. They can be named too, so will honour your contribution with the next fortunate creature. 😉

Ah, yeah I didn't mean to imply Interstellar invented that black hole design, but it certainly popularised it within pop culture enough so that am confident in assuming the devs did not get the inspiration elsewhere (the rest of the game isn't anywhere near smart enough basically, lol)

One extra pic i was too late to edit in...

ezgif.com-gif-maker-81.jpg

(Ok, 2)

ezgif.com-gif-maker-82.jpg

(Ok, 3, I promise it is the last. Promise!)

ezgif.com-gif-maker-83.jpg

For some reason Radiohead released a free download interactive album/museum/art exhibit for their Kid A album. It's...the album but you wander around to find the songs or something? I only just started it. It's a good album at least, so that's a start.

Last edited: