The Official Screenshot Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Not mine but this is like the first custom character that really made me do a double take -

Apparently based on the MMA/UFC fighter Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not mine but this is like the first custom character that really made me do a double take -

Apparently based on the MMA/UFC fighter Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis.
I can't help but notice that the holsters seem a little wonky- they both seem positioned for right-hand draw. Does he crossdraw with his left hand or something?

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I can't help but notice that the holsters seem a little wonky- they both seem positioned for right-hand draw. Does he crossdraw with his left hand or something?
Yeah it’s an odd setup that doesn’t seem to facilitate dual wielding at all. I’d like to see it in action. Now I’m curious about watching how they draw both with an offhand holster like that.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah it’s an odd setup that doesn’t seem to facilitate dual wielding at all. I’d like to see it in action. Now I’m curious about watching how they draw both with an offhand holster like that.
Realistically, dual wielding is really dumb. You would want multiple guns so when one ran out you could pull another one instead of having to reload.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Realistically, dual wielding is really dumb. You would want multiple guns so when one ran out you could pull another one instead of having to reload.
It's definitely a movie/video game kinda thing. For reference also for @The Rogue Wolf I recorded how the offhand drawing/holstering looks (pardon the trick spinning; I just kinda had to) -

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's definitely a movie/video game kinda thing. For reference also for @The Rogue Wolf I recorded how the offhand drawing/holstering looks (pardon the trick spinning; I just kinda had to) -
Well, it took me about three or so minutes to stop twitching after seeing every last rule of gun safety violated within the space of ten seconds, but it at least shows the setup at work, so thanks for that- though it doesn't explain why a simple left-hip position wouldn't be better. I guess "rule of cool" is in effect.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Well, it took me about three or so minutes to stop twitching after seeing every last rule of gun safety violated within the space of ten seconds, but it at least shows the setup at work, so thanks for that- though it doesn't explain why a simple left-hip position wouldn't be better. I guess "rule of cool" is in effect.
Especially when NPCs have it. But I’ve also read it would get in the way of the satchel, and the player character isn’t ambidextrous (but of course needs to still dual wield because game). The other thing is, maybe it’s a joke played by Micah since that’s who you get it from. He may be a sleaze ball but that reverse holster draw is killer.

That aside it’s still bafflingly stupid that RDO doesn’t include an option for different holsters and draw types.