The Official Screenshot Thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
[UPDATE
Just so you know, our admin has raised the cap for images per post to 10, as well as characters per post from 10000 to 50000.

If you want, you can give them a thank you here:
I just realized we don't have a game screenshot thread yet. But, why not? Games are a visual medium, aren't they? I say we fix that right now.

Whether it's console, pc or mobile. Old or new games. Pretty or trippy. Anything goes.

And don't be a drive by poster, tell us something about them, even if it's just what game they're from and that you like them.

Xenoblade Chronicles X. So what, right? See the framerate counter in the top left corner? That's real. Because this isn't from a Wii U, this is from CEMU running the game at 1080p/60. Well actually 1440p internal resolution downscaled to 1080p cuz it makes the anti-aliasing look sharper, but whatever. This is the only game I've experimented with, but still, amazing how far Wii U emulation has come, and how fast. Fyi, this is a rip of my own legit copy.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. You thought Unity's bugs were terrifying? Cuz this easily matched it. What happened is I was running to my ship and when I got close it sank into the sea leaving behind this infinitely deep crevice, while the crew was left suspending in mid-air in their falling animation. After a while they all died and slowly sank out of sight into the abyss, still screaming. But it doesn't end there, because after yet another while the crew floated up again, this time T-posing, still screaming. And that's when the ship rose from the void, devoid of life.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
RDR2

After sparring with a grizzly in West Elizabeth

I like the layered looking contrast of grass in the foreground with trees in mid ground, then mountains in the background.

All in a day’s work. Hauling a bounty into Valentine

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
RDR2 pt. 2

Distant thunderstorm in New Hanover. I like how the rain and light filter through the clouds

I snapped this finely feathered friend shortly after takeoff, disturbed by my nearby bird hunting. Thankfully the game doesn’t require hunting them for any side quests.

I like the muzzle heat effect in first person view

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
RDR2 pt. 3
A shootout from three different angles...I think this guy caught a bullet with his eye socket -

This particular incident is still pretty tame, but in general they really went all out with the gore and dismemberment effects. IIRC this guy was trying to rob the lady fleeing the scene in the first shot. Yeah...pretty sure that’s what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias and Chimpzy

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
I can't even remember the last time I took a screenshot or recorded a gameplay video.

Reactions: happyninja42

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I can't even remember the last time I took a screenshot or recorded a gameplay video.
Just found this if it helps remind you of how...
Using Steam

Start Steam.
Click the "Steam" menu and select "Settings.""
Click the "In-Game" tab."
Click the "Screenshot shortcut keys" field.
Press the key or combination you want to use.
Click the "Screenshot Folder" button.
Choose your other screenshot options.
Click "OK" to save your changes.
Start the game you want to take screenshots of.
Take a screenshot while you're playing.

Using The Xbox App for Windows 10

Open the Xbox app in Windows 10.
Click the Settings button.
Click the "Game DVR" tab at the top of the menu.
Toggle the DVR on if it is off.
Set a custom screenshot shortcut (optional).
Click the "Open Folder" button in the "Saving captures" section.
Move up one directory and then move the Captures folder to another location.
Start a game that you want to take screenshots in.
Press your screenshot key or combination to take the screenshot.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
This is from a while ago as I haven't been playing much lately, but it still made me laugh.

Conquering Athel Loren (tree-hugger central) is a pain in the arse for most races, but particularly the Skaven and Clan Skryre is pretty close, so a better solution is to just blow the place up with Under Cities and nukes.

However: bugger...WH2_Skryre154a.jpg

Wait... LOL, psyke!
WH2_Skryre154b.jpg

Cue manic evil laughter.

Reactions: Chimpzy

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Sweet, I own the Mega Drive version of Alien: Isolation now. And MD/Game Gear versions of some shooters I've never played.

Untitled.jpg

Edit: Also, Valkyria Chronicles on Sega Saturn and Sonic Mania on Dreamcast!

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sweet, I own the Mega Drive version of Alien: Isolation now. And MD/Game Gear versions of some shooters I've never played.

View attachment 1123

Edit: Also, Valkyria Chronicles on Sega Saturn and Sonic Mania on Dreamcast!

View attachment 1124
I was going to ask you why games like Valkyria Chornicles have a Sega frame around them when I realized it is happening to me too:
1602334244227.png
and
1602334373960.png

And who knows how many more.

Also note you have Bloodlines... FYI: I had to patch the heck out of mine to get it to run. You?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Yeah, I remember having to fix Vampire. I never played it more than a few minutes.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Also note you have Bloodlines... FYI: I had to patch the heck out of mine to get it to run. You?
Many older games on Steam have been dumped on the platform as is, without any fixes for issues with modern hardware, and it was already a pain in the ass to get Bloodlines running properly on hardware of its era, so yeah, shitshow without extensive patching, unless you get the GOG version (and even then, cuz Bloodlines was never stable to begin with)

Anyway, my Sega games also have those old Sega box art borders around them. Probaby something to do with their 60th anniversary.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some experiments with RPCS3. Seeing how well Xenoblade ran made me want to see how PS3 emulation is getting along.

Eternal Sonata is the only one that actually works well tho, or rather, well enough. Both Heavenly Sword and Ratchet suffer from performance drops, into single digits in the formers case, while the latter only rarely reaches its full 60fps target. I limited it to 30 for consistency, but it does occasionaly drop into the low 20s. I wonder if maybe my cpu/gpu isn't up to the task, but I've seen reports of people with beefier hardware than mine get similar framerates, so I'm guessing the emulator just can't run these games very well yet. Ratchet also tends to crash, and none of the Sixaxis stuff works, so that's a bit of a pickle in these early 1st party games. Still, better than my dabbling from a year and a half ago. Got most of the dozen or so games I tried to at least go in-game and some seem like they're fully playable.

Last edited: