The Unanswered Questions of Age of Ultron, Part 1

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Unanswered Questions of Age of Ultron, Part 1

With only a few more months until Avengers: Age of Ultron his theaters, there's still a lot we don't know.

Read Full Article

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
Wait, wait, wait.

Are we actually going to be getting into a discussion about 'shipping' in a Marvel movie? Well, the answer is obvious, isn't it?

Hulk definitely has a crush on Natalia but is never brave enough to show it. I mean, did you SEE how he was reassuring her in the trailer.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I thought it was established that Ultron is a virus from the Chitauri weapon that comes from Thanos originally... y'know, keeping that link alive.

The first Avengers didn't need to be "good", it needed to have big fight scenes and bring the team together. That's not going to fly for a sequel, and I'd hate to see the film reduce to "non-human threat with midfilm Hulk fight" again.

El Nick Campeador

Feb 2, 2013
I think that the hulk buster is a joint venture between Stark and Banner just in case Hulk gets to angry to focus on the bad guys.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
War Machine will die what else could drive Tony into 'the powerful must be controlled by the government' than his best friend being killed by the twins.

Plus with Falcon being popular the token black spot is filled.

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
Verlander said:
I thought it was established that Ultron is a virus from the Chitauri weapon that comes from Thanos originally... y'know, keeping that link alive.

The first Avengers didn't need to be "good", it needed to have big fight scenes and bring the team together. That's not going to fly for a sequel, and I'd hate to see the film reduce to "non-human threat with midfilm Hulk fight" again.

It's a Disney film of course it's going to be the first one again only 'darker' remember to the mainstream audience change is bad.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
One question not on the list - "Who is that dark disrobed stranger in the cave and why is she significant?" I didn't see flowing white hair, or even a mohawk, so it's not the MCU's Ororo Monroe. Also, one side of her face was white. Typhoid Mary? Could be Shuri of course, Black Panther's sis.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
@Remus:
I thought she was one of B.P.'s honor guard or whatever they're called?

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
If the civil war will follow as close as Marvel/Disney is allowed to. When it will be about the discovery of inhumans and their now rising numbers. Don't forget that they are MCU's X-men mutants stand in (is that now official?) and the mutants most unsettling threat was that everyone could be one, even your own child. I think most of the time, the numbers go along the "not-hetero" line*, so that you're more likely to know one (secretly ones included) than to know none.

I'm just pretty sure that Sky did more than just awaken herself and Raina.

*Though given that the child of a mutant will be a mutant, marvel must every now and then do a culling when mutants begin to outnumber humans.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
In terms of MCUs Black Widow being "much older" than she appears (like she is - apparently - in the comics), doesn't Zola state her date of birth in Winter Soldier being in 1982 or something? I mean, she seems pretty shocked that he knows that about her.

As for someone dying, as much as I hate speculation, there are a couple of shots across the trailers that suggest it could be Thor, right? I mean, what with Thor 3 being subtitled Ragnarok and everything...

As it stands though, I'm quite content to just leave things as they are. I already feel like the trailers we've had show too much (to speculate on), and its not like it needs another trailer (its going to make money whatever) so just leave things as they are for now Marvel.

Ghadente

White Rabbit
Mar 21, 2009
aaaaaaaah I can't wait! i want to see it now! make it happen please and thank you.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
The_Waspman said:
As for someone dying, as much as I hate speculation, there are a couple of shots across the trailers that suggest it could be Thor, right? I mean, what with Thor 3 being subtitled Ragnarok and everything...

As it stands though, I'm quite content to just leave things as they are. I already feel like the trailers we've had show too much (to speculate on), and its not like it needs another trailer (its going to make money whatever) so just leave things as they are for now Marvel.
Assuming you're talking about character deaths in Age of Ultron, it's been predicted elsewhere on the net that Thor's death might be 'shown' to him (and by proxy the audience) by Scarlett Witch or some other means it but of course he wont actually kick it until Thor 3, it wouldn't be much of a third act if he was already dead before the opening credits.

WiseBass

Apr 29, 2011
I could see the creation of Ultron and the robots as the big initial rift between Captain America and Tony Stark that blows apart to a chasm by the end of the movie, destroying the Avengers as a group. After a movie where he had to stop a Hydra take-over of SHIELD's hover-carrier defense system, he's going to be naturally opposed to any sort of "This will definitely save us and nothing could go wrong!" weapon system. Stark, meanwhile, is going to be supremely confident in his creations - after all, if he created JARVIS and everything was okay, surely he can create Ultron and it will be fine, right?

That Portman stuff doesn't surprise me, although it's still irritating and grossly unprofessional. She did something similar on the Star Wars Prequels, IIRC.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
On the topic of Ultron being made by Pym and obsessing over Janet... wouldn't that be easily converted into Ultron being made by Stark and obsessing over Pepper Potts? We already had his remote control suits acting up on him and grabbing her when he wasn't awake in Iron Man 3 and all that...

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Found a great site on youtube called MarvelExplained. It is multiple videos that speaks through various Marvel stories like Age of Ultron, The Infinity Gauntlet etc and is pretty good. Granted the movies are a lot different to the comic stories but still interesting.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
My only question is what is the point of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. If they wanted Inhumans, they didn't have to use them and even retcom them in their comics continuity. Stupid powerplay, and their Quicksilver doesn't look fun at all. stupid broody brodouche.

WHERE ARE THE AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. AMID ALL THIS?
Is this a serious question? Did anyone ever assume they will even get a namedrop in the real MCU? If Marvel/Disney cared they wouldn't have passed those properties to other networks/studios. All Agents and it's ilk does is feed off of the scraps the MCU sheds.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
AgDr_ODST said:
Assuming you're talking about character deaths in Age of Ultron, it's been predicted elsewhere on the net that Thor's death might be 'shown' to him (and by proxy the audience) by Scarlett Witch or some other means it but of course he wont actually kick it until Thor 3, it wouldn't be much of a third act if he was already dead before the opening credits.
Well, what I was getting at was that Thor is Asgardian, so "getting killed" doesn't necessarily mean "being dead". I mean, we all know how much Marvel loves killing off its characters only to have them not actually being dead.

Bob actually speculated about this a few months back, Thor being killed in Avengers 2, and being "recovered" from Helheim in Thor 3.

As I say though, I'm not a fan of speculation, I mean, we'll find out in a few months, right?

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
The answer to "The Unanswered Questions of Age of Ultron" is "all of them." All of them are unanswered because the damn movie isn't out yet.