The Unanswered Questions of Age of Ultron, Part 2

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
The Unanswered Questions of Age of Ultron, Part 2

With only a few more months until Avengers: Age of Ultron his theaters, there's still a lot we don't know.

Read Full Article

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
"But even in a second season of improved ratings"

AoS's second season reviews have gone up but the ratings are far below the first season's.

"edit"

War Machine will die because of the twins that will make Stark anti-super power. That's my guess.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Are we sure Civil Wars in the MCU is going to be Cap vs Ironman?

I know they would want to keep it close to the source, but I don't see many scenarios were Tony "lets leave an investigative hearing blowing kisses" Stark would be an advocate of more governmental control of superheroes. Besides, both Evans and Downey seems to be harder to keep under the Marvel umbrella, to the point that is assumed to be the last movie of at least one of them...

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I'm placing money on Cap dying. Bucky's out there, and him taking over would serve as both redemption for him and tension for everyone else (particularly Black Widow). Besides, there have been all those money shots of Cap's shield shattered, and in that brief second of him fighting Ultron, it look like Ultron's overpowering him a bit.

And out-of-universe, I think I've read that Chris Evans wants to work behind the scenes rather than on-camera these days.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Nooners said:
I'm placing money on Cap dying. Bucky's out there, and him taking over would serve as both redemption for him and tension for everyone else (particularly Black Widow). Besides, there have been all those money shots of Cap's shield shattered, and in that brief second of him fighting Ultron, it look like Ultron's overpowering him a bit.

And out-of-universe, I think I've read that Chris Evans wants to work behind the scenes rather than on-camera these days.
Nah, Evans is still on contract for one more Cap sequel, and one more Avengers film (though, whether that covers one film being split into two is another matter). It's probably safe to say he's on borrowed time, though.

vid87

May 17, 2010
I wouldn't know who would be a suitable character to bite it but I'm betting if they're important that Dr. Strange is involved in bringing them back.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping against Pepper dying, if only for that fact I'd rather the first Major Death of the MCU not come across as a fridging.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
hermes200 said:
Are we sure Civil Wars in the MCU is going to be Cap vs Ironman?

I know they would want to keep it close to the source, but I don't see many scenarios were Tony "lets leave an investigative hearing blowing kisses" Stark would be an advocate of more governmental control of superheroes. Besides, both Evans and Downey seems to be harder to keep under the Marvel umbrella, to the point that is assumed to be the last movie of at least one of them...
From what I've been hearing, "Civil War" is going to be less about the world at large and more about infighting among the heroes roster. The feelings might be echoed among the general population, but to pull it all off in only ~2 hours it is all but guaranteed to be a "Avengers piss each other off and break up the band" type gig. MCU and comics are indeed pretty different, but there's plenty of ways the same flashy events can happen for completely different reasons.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Hmm... Hulk did some really nasty stuff in The Ultimates, so they could pick up on something from that... (I vaguely remember...)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Hmmm, what could Cap and Iron Man fight about in Civil War? OH, IDK, but how about the fact that Bucky, while brainwashed as the Winter Soldier for HYDRA, killed Tony Stark's parents?!

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Hmmm, what could Cap and Iron Man fight about in Civil War? OH, IDK, but how about the fact that Bucky, while brainwashed as the Winter Soldier for HYDRA, killed Tony Stark's parents?!
so the "war" could just be stark gunning for bucky and cap trying to save him?

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Bear in mind, World War Hulk is in the cards. Iron Man's decision to send Banner into space to find him a peaceful new home is exactly the kind of thing that I could see happening if he feels responsible for Ultron. (And piss cap off enough to go all civil war. Especially cos Hulk will be the one to ultimately save the day) Hulk accidentily lands on a hostile Alien planet and we get a John Carter of Mars style adventure as he battles in a Gladitorial arena. (It's as awesome as it sounds) Eventually he escapes and comes back to earth for all kinds of revenge. Imagine if he ends up teaming up with everyone's favorite A-holes and taking on Thanos (Hulk HAS to fight Thanos) It's pretty plain to see that this is the direction they will be going.

Planet Hulk is one of the coolest things Marvel did with the character for a long while. It was a total homage to John Carter, Spartacus, Conan & Frank Frazetta. They have already fleshed out the "universe" and have peppered enough extra races and characters around to make it compelling. It HAS to be a movie

Kahani

May 25, 2011
MovieBob said:
"You HAVE to watch this episode if you want to know what's going on in the biggest movie of the summer!" is the kind of promotion any TV series would kill for
Maybe so, but it's the kind of promotion the movie would kill to prevent. "You have to watch some random episode in the middle of the second series of a mediocre TV show that you haven't been following before you can watch the blockbuster film you've been looking forward to for the past year" is not something anyone in charge of said blockbuster would ever allow to be said. While they may both be Marvel, for some reason I suspect the films would be given rather more weight if such a possibility were ever raised at all.