The Unrealistic MW2 Thread

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Alusin86 said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Modern Warfare 2 is far from realistic and no game is realistic, they are video games. They will break logic without question and we don't care. We play video games to get out of reality, why would you bring Reality into Video Games?
I don't want to bring Reality into video games, that is far from what I said, All I said was I'm tired of people calling it the most realistic game of all time.
Umm....That question wasn't aimed at you. It was rhetorical and more or less aimed at the creators of these so called "Realistic shooters."

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
When you get shot fatally, you don't go flying backwards and give the other person points, depending on the gun you may have a minute or two of life before you collapse.

The ranges in the game are absurdly short.

Alusin86

Jul 19, 2010
RAKtheUndead said:
The problem with the inaccuracies in this game are that they lead to monstrosities such as this awful YouTube video:

It even incorporates a pretentious, overused song as the backing.
These videos are also false do to the fact that the people making them have never actually used the gun.

Spec Op Slinky

Jul 14, 2010
the spawning system is just as realistic as if barney was running around with a barret. and the sniper rifles r not realistic either. i still think its a great game, but nt realistic. but who wants to play a fully realistic game? if it was completely realisic, youd get shot once, then spend six months in the hospital.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I say fuck realism. It makes it less fun. Just don't say you're trying to be realistic when you don't make it real. It's like saying the events of Halo are actually going to happen.

supaflystrikes

Jun 13, 2010
Berserker119 said:
I say fuck realism. It makes it less fun. Just don't say you're trying to be realistic when you don't make it real. It's like saying the events of Halo are actually going to happen.
Pretty much this. I hate realism. That's why I play video games.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
JWRosser said:
....regenerating health....?
This times a gajillion!

On a related note, even though it would make a bad game, a single bullet to the gut should do a whole lot more.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
1. The FN FAL is a selective fire rifle, this makes it fully automatic (I thinks)
2. The L86 LSW is the A1 version, this version was pulled out of service and wouldn't remain at the time the game is set in. And it would be impossible for the Spetsnaz to gain control of them as they're only issued to the British Army and Cadet Forces
3. A Barret M82 would be extremley heavy and hard to sprint with.
4. It would be impossible to fire a Javelin from a standing position without your spine curling over from the kickback.
5. The Glock 18 isn't a machine pistol, it's a semi-automatic handgun used by law inforcement units.

Anymore you want?

Edit: I can go on about the LSW so I'll leave on 4:

1) BIGGY! It's not an LMG, it's a Assault Rifle, just with a longer barrel for increased accuary.
2) The barrel is completly different. On MW2, it's just a big black tube, but this is how it actually looks
[spoilers]
[/spoilers]
3) The magazine used is hardly issued to soldiers to them being about £120 each.
4) Finally, the SUSAT scope in MW2, is completely different to the one used in service by all forces (RM, RN, RA, TA, RAF)

(Btw, I'm an UK Army Cadet, that's why I know all the stuff on the LSW)

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
You could call it the most unrealistic fps of all time. I mean, when you think about it, Halo is much more likely to be accurate than mw2 is. I mean its in the future and all, but who is to say you that stuff wont be possible in the future.

But your friend is a moron, its is an Arcade shooter, not a realistic sim. That's like saying Burnout is the most accurate driving game ever. He doesn't even know what a realistic shooter is. Get him to play Arma 2 or Operation flashpoint or something, at least they don't try to be arcade-ish. 20 bucks says he finds them 'boring' because he can't sprint and snipe and survive.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Modern Warfare 2? Realistic? WHAT?! Noone should be able to dual fire shotguns without breaking their wrists.

Get your friend to play ArmA, or hell, Red Orchestra. Those are more realistic than MW will ever be.

jopomeister

Apr 7, 2010
Silencers. Of what little I know, I believe a silencer wears out over time, making it uneffective.
And also, how come no-ones mentioned killstreaks yet?
Of course, in war, when you kill 25 people, you're allowed to launch a nuclear attack!

Biffy Cakeo

May 24, 2010
Zenode said:
All guns take more than a bullet in the chest to kill/down someone (with a few exceptions)
A bullet to chest will make you flinch and probably unable to retaliate instantly. Bullets tend to be painful.

Alusin86

Jul 19, 2010
jopomeister said:
Silencers. Of what little I know, I believe a silencer wears out over time, making it uneffective.
And also, how come no-ones mentioned killstreaks yet?
Of course, in war, when you kill 25 people, you're allowed to launch a nuclear attack!
Or 24 counting hardline, and 14-15 for an emp.

TjoxYorro

Sep 2, 2009
IRL you can't fire most of the guns automaticly, you have to fire them bursted.
Btw its to bad that you can't set that little button at the end of the FAMAS from 3 to 5 ( or 4)

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
In real life, if you're wounded you probably fall over not get blood all over your eyes and breathe heavily until you feel better.