The Vanquish PC Port is Real and Releasing Later this Month

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Vanquish PC Port is Real and Releasing Later this Month

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1404/1404559.jpgSega has been teasing a PC port for Vanquish for a while now, and it looks like it's going to be out this month.

If you've been paying attention to Sega of late, you've probably seen them PC port of Bayonetta [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170196-Bayonetta-PC-Update-May-Be-Teasing-PC-Version-of-Vanquish], fans are hoping to get to play the third person shooter on their PCs as well. If you're one of them, here's some good news. Not only is the PC port of Vanquish real, it's coming out this month.

The announcement came this morning on the official Sega Twitter account [https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/862322628534689792], culminating a couple of days of teaser photos. If you already own the PC Port of Bayonetta, you'll be able to grab the PC version of Vanquish for 25 percent off, but only until launch.

The third-person shooter from Platinum Games was originally released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2010, receiving praise for its gameplay and criticism for its short length. In a statement, Sega executive John Clark said that the company has seen a "positive response" to its recent PC ports, and that gamers should keep an eye on Sega for more. "There's more to come from Sega in this space, so stay tuned for further announcements," he said.

The PC port of Vanquish is launching on May 25. You can find it on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/460810/Vanquish/].

[gallery=7359]

surft

Jun 25, 2015
If Segasuddenly release a Yakuza collection for PC...Damn. (And now it's not so far fetched! Maybe even coinciding with the western release of Yakuza Kiwami)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh. I did not remember the game looking that ugly.

Yeesh.

Zendariel

May 15, 2012
surft said:
If Segasuddenly release a Yakuza collection for PC...Damn. (And now it's not so far fetched! Maybe even coinciding with the western release of Yakuza Kiwami)
I would say thousand times yes, but the team behind yakuza is probably far less familiar with pc development than platinum.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Zhukov said:

Yeesh.
You damn kids today, I remember what ugly games looked like. Go back to the ps1 days if you want to see ugly.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Worgen said:
Zhukov said:

Yeesh.
You damn kids today, I remember what ugly games looked like. Go back to the ps1 days if you want to see ugly.
Back then, they looked like they were in the middle of looking at the Ark of the Covenant.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Hmmm, let's see what they're asking for it. ?20? That's decent. I'd be willing to put that down.

Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, now Vanquish. Seems Sega likes giving their lesser successes a second chance on PC.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I loved the game, on the PS3, I hope ya'll playing it on the PC don't get too shitty a version.

Because, well, SEGA.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
surft said:
I'd rather have the Kiwamis tbh. We're getting Kiwami 1 this year and Yakuza 0 was successful enough outside of Japan. Sega said they want all the numbered Yakuza games on PS4 so its likely Yakuza 2 Kiwami is coming.

Sega EU has been doing well the the PC ports too.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Tanis said:
I loved the game, on the PS3, I hope ya'll playing it on the PC don't get too shitty a version.

Because, well, SEGA.
They're PC ports are actually top notch tbh. Bayonetta is awesome and so was Valyria Chronicles. Binary Domain was a great port too. Back in 2015 Sega said they were shifting to be more digital friendly and started dropping lots of PC ports.

Even opened up the entire Sega Genesis Collection to mods via the Steam Workshop.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Pickapok said:
Now if only Capcom would give us a pc port of Asura's Wrath...
There are alot of games Capcom should port to PC, and two in particular deserve it above all others.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
The people complaining about the length didn't understand the game - like people complaining about Bulletstorm.

Yes you can play through it once in 4-6 hours, but it's not a standard FPS. It's all about perfecting your kickass moves till you're a killing machine racking up combos like mad. NG++++ is where it's at.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
Might pick this up. I missed the boat on the original release, but I have enough confidence in Platinum's ability to make a stylish as hell spectacle.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Ayyyyyy finally! What with all the hints it really did seem to be just a matter of time but even so, that was quick. Really glad to hear this. I had a blast with the game on my 360 and it will only benefit from the bump in resolution and frame rate. Really looking forward to this one. I'm installing Bayonetta as I type this so fingers crossed it's as good as other Platinum games.

Also, "UNLOCKED RESOLUTION" "UNLOCKED FRAMERATE"
Just take me now Platinum. You know what I like.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Zhukov said:

Yeesh.
What do you mean by ugly? The fidelity, the color, what?

Because even looking at original gameplay footage it looks alright for a 2010 release.
All of it.

The designs, the colour scheme, the textures, the effects... everything.