The Vita Will "Die A Horrible Premature Death"

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Since it still supports PSP UMD discs (they havent announced HOW they're doing it, I just know that they ARE), Im still getting one for multiple reasons, you never know there might be a update software or something awesome.

TheMariner

Oct 20, 2009
I'd love to get a VITA, I really would. There's some great looking games in the works for it. My main problem with it at the moment, though, is the fact that I'll have to buy a PSN version of the UMDs I already own in order to play my PSP games on VITA. I don't care that it's only going to be ~$13. Making me pay for a game I already own seems asinine to me... That and they can't really expect me to pay $120 for a 32GB memory card, can they? I can buy a 1TB external hard drive for roughly that same amount. Or, if you want to keep the comparison between solid state media, I can buy a 32GB flash drive for $40...

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
nice idea, but i don't think that's what gonna kill the vita, what'll kill it will likely be the same thing that killed the PsP :p
What exactly was it that killed the PSP? I was under the impression that it did just swimmingly and is doing better than ever after the recent price drops.
I would link you to an article about exactly this if the new website hadn't eaten all the old posts but a simple google search should tell you the same. Do try not to talk out of your ass next time.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Kitsuna10060 said:
JdaS said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
nice idea, but i don't think that's what gonna kill the vita, what'll kill it will likely be the same thing that killed the PsP :p
Wouldn't bet on that. Even the launch line-up is looking much, much better than the titles for the PSP's entire lifespan. I'm entertaining the idea of getting one myself. Only thing stopping me is the price, since I'm pretty sure Sony still thinks every man, woman and child in Europe is a fucking millionaire.
hehe, what? you mean they aren't? /sarcasm think i've had that discussion about the line up once already to >.>. ether way, i don't see it doing well, not 'it comes out and not a single fuck was given' but not exactly an 'omfg!! must have!!' ether
You're probably right about that. Right now I'm only swayed by the concept of playing UMvC3 and BlazBlue on the bus, other than that I'm not sure it's worth the price tag.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
VanQQisH said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
What exactly was it that killed the PSP? I was under the impression that it did just swimmingly and is doing better than ever after the recent price drops.
I would link you to an article about exactly this if the new website hadn't eaten all the old posts but a simple google search should tell you the same. Do try not to talk out of your ass next time.
wow ... better then ever after a price drop .... -.- wow, I'd never been able to call that -.-

kinda doesn't change the lack of quality titles for the thing. it wasn't the hackers that killed it, they're probably whats keeping limping a long from all the other neat stuff you can make it do, its lack 3rd party support, after all, its only recently (last 2 years at best) i've seen anything even remotely interesting come out for it.

also, links, or your full of crap

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
JdaS said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
JdaS said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
Wouldn't bet on that. Even the launch line-up is looking much, much better than the titles for the PSP's entire lifespan. I'm entertaining the idea of getting one myself. Only thing stopping me is the price, since I'm pretty sure Sony still thinks every man, woman and child in Europe is a fucking millionaire.
hehe, what? you mean they aren't? /sarcasm think i've had that discussion about the line up once already to >.>. ether way, i don't see it doing well, not 'it comes out and not a single fuck was given' but not exactly an 'omfg!! must have!!' ether
You're probably right about that. Right now I'm only swayed by the concept of playing UMvC3 and BlazBlue on the bus, other than that I'm not sure it's worth the price tag.
it's probably not worth it, least not till a price drop like Nintendo did with the 3DS. the real test will be if it can get 3rd part support as more then an after thought like the PsP had. sure it's got something for people now, but i recall the PsP having some fun stuff at launch to, the crickets for a few years for as anything good went

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
Kitsuna10060 said:
JdaS said:
it's probably not worth it, least not till a price drop like Nintendo did with the 3DS. the real test will be if it can get 3rd part support as more then an after thought like the PsP had. sure it's got something for people now, but i recall the PsP having some fun stuff at launch to, the crickets for a few years for as anything good went
Sorry if it seems i'm butting in here, but i just wanted to say a couple things.

Firstly, i didn't realise blazblue was being released on ps vita, so thanks for the heads up on that. (i'm absolutely appalling at blazblue, but that doesn't stop me from loving it)

And secondly, as far as third party support goes, i'd go so far as to say it's very likely that the ps vita would actually be quite easy to work with for the developers that have already got the hang of developing for the PSP, and probably even PS2.

the PSP developers may only really have to get used to less restrictive graphics capabilities and an extra thumbstick. it's likely the SDK wouldn't have been completely re-written, or else the ps vita probably wouldn't be able to play the digital psp games.

Yes, i neglected to mention the touch screen/pad, but i don't believe they are neccessary features in order to have a good game.

anyway, rant over. that's just my two cents. i might be wrong in my assumptions, i might not. only time will tell i guess.