The Voice of This Generation: Kanye West is Making a Video Game

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Voice of This Generation: Kanye West is Making a Video Game

Yeezy is ready to extend his domination to the video game industry.

Love him or hate him, Kanye "The Voice of This Generation" West is certainly a force to be reckoned with in the music industry. Now, it looks like Yeezy is ready to extend his dominance to the video game industry, revealing that he has a game based on one of his songs in the works.

In an interview with Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club on Saturday, West mentioned the game while talking about his Adidas fashion line, his upcoming album, and Kim Kardashian. In the video above, the game talk starts around the 56-minute mark.

His description of the game, which he says he's been working on for six months, is quite vague. "The idea is that it's my mother going through the gates of heaven," he said, "and you've got to bring her to the highest gate of heaven by holding her to the light." He says that it is based on his recent single, "Only One."

With no further information, such as a possible release date, platform, or even what kind of game it will actually be, Kanye fans will have to amuse themselves with Kanye Quest 3030 [http://kanyequest3030.tumblr.com/] until we get more info.

Source: The Verge [http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/22/8082851/kanye-west-video-game-only-one]

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
He may be a douche with an huge ego but he does seem to care for the stuff he is part of so even if the game sucks I will be curious to see what comes out of it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
...So based on the summary in the above article I'm already going to assume the 50 Cent games are going to be better by default. I await further details but only out of curiosity. I'd like to see a game based on the song Break Stuff wherein you literally play as a drunken Fred Durst rampaging through a trailer.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
It's an interesting concept, though if it's about his mother specifically I'm not sure how much reach it will have. With the information we have, though, I think it's at least worth of some measure of respect. He could just be making a rap industry based version of the Kim K. game.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Well, I do have to say, that wasn't the sort of premise I expected when I read the title of the article. I'll resist the impulse to give an eyeroll and a snide remark and instead wait to see just what he comes up with.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Maybe he can team up with Peter Molyneux and make the GREATEST GAME EVER!

Or their two egos will create a critical mass and cause the universal to explode.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
By the sounds of it, looks like it'll be classier (if not a bit pretentious) than all the shit 50 Cent has done in games. Either way, I can't wait for this trainwreck to be released.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
"Kanye West wants to make a video game about his mother going through the gates of heaven."

It's like he's the hip hop Norman Bates. No way this isn't so bad that it becomes oddly entertaining. I say we upvote it on Steam just to see how bizarre it gets.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
So, we're going to help his mother reach the highest level of heaven, where she'll be reunited with the most high (Kanye)? Does this make his mom the Virgin Mary?

Yeah, I'm awful, but Kanye's got some issues... and I'd like to keep his ego away from gaming, if possible.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
OH MAN!!! Please tell me this game is going to be a game where Kanye West races stampeding white horses on a motorcycle while having sex with Kim Kardashian, and every now and then he gives her a $50,000 hand bag because he can. I want that game. I don't know why I want it but my god I want it.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Hopefully we will get such epic lines as:

She find pictures in my email
I sent this girl a picture of my dick.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
I await the impending train wreck with baited breath. With his ego, I cannot see this as anything as an unmitigated disaster on the level of Daikatana, and that's if it even gets released.

R.K. Meades

Oct 1, 2014
aceman67 said:
And when the game is passed over at an awards show, will he rush the stage?
Get him to present at the show. "Tim Schafer, I'ma let you finish-- bah, who am I kidding?"

Fox12 said:
Kanye's got some issues... and I'd like to keep his ego away from gaming, if possible.
He is a walking ego trip who spews out a lot of words without really saying anything of substance. Let's face it, Kanye West and the video game industry are a match made in (his weird conception of) heaven.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Hmmmm...and here I was thinking it was going to be about how he just absolutely loves fish sticks. :3

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I saw the headline and hoped it was another TacoNews joke thread. :(

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
The only way I will ever pay attention to this game is if every single interview ends with the reporter asking Kanye if he likes fish sticks. Anything less, and he can suck my fish stick.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
By the very thin description of the game it sounds like he is developing a mobile title. In which case who cares more shovel ware for the shovel god.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I'm sorry but your spell checker Mr Bogos...

Well, he certainly made "ruining every JayZ music he's ever featured in" into a game. I guess he's pretty bored by it.