The Voice of This Generation: Kanye West is Making a Video Game

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
This is hilarious and at the same time dumb as hell. Gotta bring my momma to heaven. I don't think he himself has high expectations for this, but is more for trying for it. I heard the reason he got is music producing was because he wanted to make games when he was young and his mother bought him software for him. With that came beatmaker software which got him in to producing. I expects this to be partly being fan of games, partly him liking to create stuff and partly for the hell of it.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
And here I thought my day was going to start off good.
Some days it seems it's not even worth getting out of bed.

"Rapping sh*thead wants to make videogame"
Yup... that improved my day...

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Well, I've seen worse ideas for games get support on Kickstarter and Greenlight, so why the hell not?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
So it's going to be a religious game then? I am envisioning some poorly made, and obviously rushed, browser flash game.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I'd play it

As a fan of the guy, it's always interesting to see what happens next

*Braces for the flood of quotes*

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
What in the actual fuck game concept is that? Also: who the hell is this Kanye West dude? Some buzzing voices in my head that I tend to ignore screech about how he is famous or some shit, but I just don't know what the hell they are talking about. For the "voice of the generation" he doesn't seem to have drawn more attention from me than paint drying so please enlighten me.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
XDSkyFreak said:
What in the actual fuck game concept is that? Also: who the hell is this Kanye West dude? Some buzzing voices in my head that I tend to ignore screech about how he is famous or some shit, but I just don't know what the hell they are talking about. For the "voice of the generation" he doesn't seem to have drawn more attention from me than paint drying so please enlighten me.
I think I know him from that one song in Saints Row 4, Power.
A song that became famous mostly because he stole that one line from King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man.

Quite sad really.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well, shit. I was hoping the escapist would be the one dark corner of the tinterwebs that could never be bathed in the loving taint of the name 'Kanye West.' He has seeded every other area online with the lord's light, for reasons i am currently unaware, but still suspicious of.
Is he Bono reborn? As Bono was J-Dude reborn. Is Bono even dead yet? Someone should check on him probably.

Also there are more questions here than answers, other than the elephant one of "why are people still listening to this guy's gas expulsions?"
Questions that make or break the game for me are:

1. Can we customise yo mom? I mean, she's the star of the game! We would at least like the option to dress her up in nazi attire or as a fridge to smuggle her through heaven.

2. Is there a binary moral choice system? Yes they are usually bad in games, however, this is christianity; the great pioneer of binary moral choice since... (well the rest is debatable).

3. Do we get a hell based expansion or DLC where we use darkness to guide your dad (or yo mom if she's that fuckin special to you) to the darkest depths of satan's colonisphere? Don't leave out the underdogs!

4. Do we control yo mom or do we casually waft or sweep her in directions with the holy broom from the heaven maintainence cupboard? Perhaps after stealthily taking out the heaven janitor?

5. Do you know what you are even talking about? If not, GTFO and stop wasting our time!

...With all due respect.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
The only thing Kanye is a voice of is his own overinflated ego. I'd don't know if this really a tribute to his late mother or another way to make him feel more important than anyone else who's lost a loved one. Unless the profits are donated to charity, I don't ever want to hear anymore.

I do wonder, though, if phones will outright explode if both this game and the Kim Kardashian game are both on the phone at the same time.
Darks63 said:
By the very thin description of the game it sounds like he is developing a mobile title. In which case who cares more shovel ware for the shovel god.
More micro-transactions for the micro-transaction god!

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Maybe he can team up with Peter Molyneux and make the GREATEST GAME EVER!

Or their two egos will create a critical mass and cause the universal to explode.
I think we've just stumbled upon an explanation for the Molyneux phenomenon. Talent is like a star's mass, with Molyneux possessing so much that no completed game can reach escape velocity due to his own gravitational pull.

Kanye on the other hand is like Jupiter. Insufficient talent to actually produce light, while still a bloated ball of gas that is crushing to anything in its own atmosphere.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Seriously who cares? If his game is anything like his music we won't be gaining much and if it isn't we still won't be gaining much. Moronic Game Journalist will pump the thing up like the greatest thing since sliced bread and in a few weeks it will be forgotten.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Something tells me that the game will be made just so that his hugely inflated ego can grow some more.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
prowll said:
...So it's a first-person shooter?
Painkiller reskinned with an old lady? I could go for that.
Unfortunately, this might turn out to be a flappy bird reskinned with a celestial theme.....

Well, I could go for that if it doesn't feature any of his music...

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Well, it's a pretentious, incredibly corny premise proposed by an insane egomaniac with a superiority complex who has no experience in video game making whatsoever but still thinks he's a visionary.

So, it's pretty much like every other indie game.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:
I'd play it

As a fan of the guy, it's always interesting to see what happens next

*Braces for the flood of quotes*
Stop liking things I don't like!

Repeat verbatim about 10 to 15 times.

Uh...I'm almost kind of interested in this project, though I doubt it'll look good or play well. I'm sure if a team with more actual game-making experienced picked the concept up something nice could happen.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
If this guy is the voice of 'this generation', this generation is more fucked then I'd thought .....

Though, I'm not expecting much from him. It'll probably be some stupid little mobile game that'll be passed up by most his fans cause they have good games to play.

Yup, calling it now, it'll be shit, and no one will care.