The Voice of This Generation: Kanye West is Making a Video Game

angryscotsman93

Dec 27, 2008
You know that image out there, with the two vikings leaning on each other laughing their asses off? That's about how I feel, right now.

Okay, maybe not quite. I admit, I do think it's kind of touching that he's planning to make a game in dedication to his mother. I mean, come one, that's a sign that, at the very least, he's got a heart. I still don't like him, but there's that. Still, I think it's going to suck. I just can't shake that feeling. Well, I suppose we'll eventually find out the truth of it when he releases it.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Fox12 said:
So, we're going to help his mother reach the highest level of heaven, where she'll be reunited with the most high (Kanye)? Does this make his mom the Virgin Mary?
I had to dig up this quote when you said that:

Kanye said:
The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it. You don't think that I would be one of the characters of today's modern Bible?"

? radio interview with Tim Westwood, 2008
Just... Wow.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
PsychedelicDiamond said:
Well, it's a pretentious, incredibly corny premise proposed by an insane egomaniac with a superiority complex who has no experience in video game making whatsoever but still thinks he's a visionary.

So, it's pretty much like every other indie game.
Or it's made by David Cage.

For the life of me, I can't decide if David Cage directing a Kayne game would be awesome or terrible.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Signa said:
Fox12 said:
So, we're going to help his mother reach the highest level of heaven, where she'll be reunited with the most high (Kanye)? Does this make his mom the Virgin Mary?
I had to dig up this quote when you said that:

Kanye said:
The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it. You don't think that I would be one of the characters of today's modern Bible?"

? radio interview with Tim Westwood, 2008
Just... Wow.
Oh, wow, I haven't heard that one before. He's right though, the bible had at least 20 characters in it.

Supposedly his mom was a christian. I'm actually curious how she'd react to this. Actually, I'm just curious how she'd react to his attitude in general.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Kanye Quest? Seriously? Well we're talking about the guy who named his kid 'North West' so I guess that was to be expected.
Kanye west: Voice of a generation and lyrical wordsmith... Has a soft spot for puns.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I wonder if it'll turn out that they couldn't afford to make female models so Kanye's mom is represented by a reskinned model of Kanye himself...

Sojoez

Nov 24, 2009
You know, this doesn't have to be a bad game. It could be a platformer game like Braid or Trine for example. I just hope it doesn't become some shitty first person point and click "cinematic" game.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Its probably gonna be a mobile game, the concept sounds so 'touch control'. But you know what... there could be a miracle, shoot, it could be a spellbinding tale that can rival Journey in terms of indie art darlings... also a cow could run for presidency and win.