The Walking Dead: Darkest Before The Dawn (of the Dead)

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
So I'm guessing that opening was flashbacks was of people and places that didn't make it?

We're off to a usual start.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
TV Tyreese used to be way too optimistic for my taste, but I'm kinda liking him now compared to the pessimism of.... well, everyone.

Mind you, it seems like all the other characters are getting sick of pessimism too.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Awwwwwwwww shit no. Well that just figures.

Will keep these comments spoiler free for now, but ugh.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Fanghawk said:
TV Tyreese used to be way too optimistic for my taste, but I'm kinda liking him now compared to the pessimism of.... well, everyone.

Mind you, it seems like all the other characters are getting sick of pessimism too.
And then the bite...

Is the Walking Dead Curse gonna play out once again?

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Well that was way better than getting phone calls from the "afterlife". Probably something that can't happen that often too, so it's nice to do it right this time.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Vigormortis said:
Fanghawk said:

And then the bite...

Is the Walking Dead Curse gonna play out once again?
I'm hoping we can chop something off first. I'm almost praying we can. Depends on how much time is going by....

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
And Michonne steps up to be the voice of optimism. Also not in keeping with the comic, but it works much better here.

Also, absolutely loving these zombie effects and kills. AMC has this down to an art.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Fanghawk said:
I'm hoping we can chop something off first. I'm almost praying we can. Depends on how much time is going by....
We'll find out soon enough.

I'm dubious that he'll survive, given how protracted these 'hallucinations' are.

Hoping he does, though.

Fanghawk said:
And Michonne steps up to be the voice of optimism. Also not in keeping with the comic, but it works much better here.

Also, absolutely loving these zombie effects and kills. AMC has this down to an art.
Agreed.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Well, I guess we know what bill he had to pay now. Getting the feeling this means we won't lose [x] but we'll see.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Pretty sure they were the, uh....'other halves' from what they found outside the neighborhood. Perhaps some loon likes to collect them?

I dunno. I feel like I may have missed a clue or some small detail.

Jan 12, 2012
Vigormortis said:
Pretty sure they were the, uh....'other halves' from what they found outside the neighborhood. Perhaps some loon likes to collect them?

I dunno. I feel like I may have missed a clue or some small detail.
I'm wondering if they were some kind of torture/execution device? Just open up the back and drop them on people, or chuck them in, and either way it's a totally safe way to feed someone to zombies.

Or maybe somebody was just super crazy. That's an option too.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I'm wondering if they were some kind of torture/execution device? Just open up the back and drop them on people, or chuck them in, and either way it's a totally safe way to feed someone to zombies.

Or maybe somebody was just super crazy. That's an option too.
Given the propensity for this series antagonists to be complete nutters, I'm gonna go with the latter option.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Fanghawk said:
Let's have WD's credits run like that more often. Ouch, right in the feels.
I'm all for that. Very well done on the show's part.

As for Ty, thanks to my extensive time with Left 4 Dead 2, I could never NOT hear his voice without picturing Coach. So seeing him die was a double whammy for me.