The Walking Dead Season 5: The End Of Plot-Required Stupidity?

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
The Walking Dead Season 5: The End Of Plot-Required Stupidity?

Season 5 of The Walking Dead kicks off with "No Sanctuary", an uncharacteristically good episode that sees our heroes operating with a minimum of plot-required stupidity.

Read Full Article
 

paudeline

New member
Oct 13, 2014
1
0
0
The baby's name is Judith, not Lizzie. Bob is a former combat medic as well as an alcoholic. And Beth wasn't kidnapped, she just left Darryl behind and drove away when the herd attacked them.
 

Laughing Man

New member
Oct 10, 2008
1,715
0
0
Yeah wasn't Lizzie the one that Carol had to blow away in the second half of Season 4 for killing her sister?
 

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
Laughing Man said:
Yeah wasn't Lizzie the one that Carol had to blow away in the second half of Season 4 for killing her sister?
YEP, sorry, i had a section about Lizzie that I cut for length. Editing snafu and I am fixing it now. One of those dumb dumb moves that ends up getting replicated as you proofread. Sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. it's fixed now.

I was being flippant about Bob. Wikipedia links were provided of course, in hopes maybe the tongue in cheekness would be recognized.
 

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
paudeline said:
The baby's name is Judith, not Lizzie. Bob is a former combat medic as well as an alcoholic. And Beth wasn't kidnapped, she just left Darryl behind and drove away when the herd attacked them.
The last thing we saw after she disappeared was a mysterious car with a cross on it driving off. I'm pretty sure she was kidnapped. Unless they had that car before and also the hints that someone was out there were just blather.
 

Spaceman Spiff

New member
Sep 23, 2013
604
0
0
Dr. Mullet's jargon-filled deflection was pretty funny, in an eye-rollingly bad way. I don't see how anybody could believe the crap he's pulling out of his ass. It was nice to see the group acting a little more seasoned, quickly assessing and reacting to events. Carol was full blown badass sowing chaos and infiltrating the compound. Great episode overall, and the best one in recent memory (I don't really catch reruns). This season is off to a good start.
 

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
Spaceman Spiff said:
Dr. Mullet's jargon-filled deflection was pretty funny, in an eye-rollingly bad way. I don't see how anybody could believe the crap he's pulling out of his ass. It was nice to see the group acting a little more seasoned, quickly assessing and reacting to events. Carol was full blown badass sowing chaos and infiltrating the compound. Great episode overall, and the best one in recent memory (I don't really catch reruns). This season is off to a good start.
Agree, and I kind of love how much Porter and Abraham are pretty much ripped out of the comics. And also how Porter is basically Kenny Powers.
 

GD_Elite

New member
Mar 14, 2011
9
0
0
I really enjoyed this episode. I think Carol in this episode was more bad-ass than any other character in any other episode. By the way, it's Tyreese, not Tyrese. That annoyed me a bit.
 

LadyAmarella

New member
Mar 6, 2014
7
0
0
"Rick, as it turns out, had a makeshift wooden knife in his boot which he uses to cut himself free. He quickly murders both men, then frees his friends."
"They were right to be wary, somewhat paranoid and ruthless in protecting themselves once threats became clear, but they were wrong in that they decided they had moral carte blanche to simply kill anyone they want"

You misused the words kill and murder in these two sentences. In the first sentence two men were going to murder Rick and his friends so he killed them. That pretty much sums up the different meaning of the two words. The second sentence could arguably be kill in it's context as what they are trying to convince themselves they are doing - as apposed to murder, but as they are murdering people and not killing them murder would still be the correct form as the sentence is not from their actual personal perspective.
 

SilverHunter

New member
Sep 22, 2014
47
0
0
Why is there an assumption, or downright assertion, that Tyrese hasn't killed anything at all? He's killed his fair share of zombies prior to the mid season 4 climax. In the episode, he said it's still too soon for him, not that he couldn't do it. It's obvious what happened back with him and Carol near the end of Season 4 shook him up pretty bad.
 

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
5,264
0
0
They did do ONE hugely stupid thing...
They left without taking ALL THOSE DAMN SUPPLIES.

I mean, COME ON!

They have LOADS of ammo and body armor and other shit, but they leave it?
o_O
 

RaisingDead

New member
Mar 31, 2014
7
0
0
Tanis said:
They did do ONE hugely stupid thing...
They left without taking ALL THOSE DAMN SUPPLIES.

I mean, COME ON!

They have LOADS of ammo and body armor and other shit, but they leave it?
o_O
Well, the place was up in flames, filled to the brim with Walkers, and there were still some survivors that were possibly armed and definitely dangerous. I would say it wouldn't really be worth the risk to go and get the supplies.

Also, keep in mind that it was only Carol that discovered the stash, and not Rick's group. And even though she was pretty badass in this episode, I highly doubt she would've been able to carry all of those supplies by herself >.>
 

Li Mu

New member
Oct 17, 2011
552
0
0
I don't think I want to see another major villain. The Governor was great, but I don't know if it is going to really make sense if we have a new super villain every season. It will end up falling into a pattern of 'set up bad guy. bad guy kidnaps one of the group. group rescues person. rick kills bad guy'
 

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
MarsAtlas said:
Oh, uh, one error in the article I just noticed. Tara didn't get in with the Governor, her sister, Lilly, did. Tara's a lesbian, and she didn't actually hurt anybody in the confrontation. She got shellshocked and wandered off to hide until the fighting died down. Lilly, who was the one in the relationship with the Governor and the one who capped him, is still off in who knows where. She'll probably turn up again.
The expression "fall in with" means to become allied/friends. It does not mean sexy times.
 

RossaLincoln

New member
Feb 4, 2014
738
0
0
SilverHunter said:
Why is there an assumption, or downright assertion, that Tyrese hasn't killed anything at all? He's killed his fair share of zombies prior to the mid season 4 climax. In the episode, he said it's still too soon for him, not that he couldn't do it. It's obvious what happened back with him and Carol near the end of Season 4 shook him up pretty bad.
The only assumption is what I said. At the time of this episode and the period just before, Tyrese is having a breakdown and isn't able to be violent. I did not say he has always been that way.
 

senordesol

New member
Oct 12, 2009
1,302
0
0
Did Tyreese kill that guy? That was left up to interpretation I thought... my impression was he didn't as the instant Carol went to go deal with Ballcap Cannibal, Tyreese assured her he was KIA. My thinking "If he really is, KIA, why stop her from checking?"

I'll admit, the opener was better than most, but I'm getting sick of all these people being psychopaths just to be psychopaths. I mean seriously; you have one bad day and go 'welp, guess it's time to eat people'.

Still, I'd rate the group at a 7/10 on the 'dumbass' scale where they were a solid 10/10 at season 2. They're still massive idiots, but things are improving slightly.
 

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
May 26, 2020
972
2
13
Country
United States
Gender
male
the only strangely stupid moment I recall was Carol leaving ballcap cannibal alive in the same room with Tyreese and Judith while she went off to kick ass.

Considering she instantly saw through his bullshit with no problems, she had to have known it would be nothing but risk to keep him alive, and unlike Tyreese, who has a big chunk of his characterization tied to maintaining his humanity, Carol is the type who isn't afraid to kill if it becomes necessary.

other than that, solid episode. I appreciate attempts to make the terminus group seem more human, but when you have people nonchalantly slaughtering and eating other people, that's a battle you really can't win. XD I don't usually have any bloodlust-type emotions tied to on-screen battles, but I really wanted the terminus group to suffer.