The Walking Dead Season Five Teaser Trailer Crawls Out

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
The Walking Dead Season Five Teaser Trailer Crawls Out

AMC has released a sneak peek at The Walking Dead's fifth season and we see Carol and Tyreese working together.

We're just a few months away from yet another zombie-filled affair when AMC's The Walking Dead season five returns to chomp at our hearts this October. To make the wait a little bit bearable, AMC has released the first-ever teaser for the hit show. Revealed during the Talking Dead season preview, the video is well under a minute long, but does bring the tension. For obvious reason, if you've yet to finish the fourth season, then there is a slight chance that what's shown below might spoil something; though I doubt you'd be reading this or be watching the trailer if you're not up to date with the TV series. So, watch away.

As you can see in the season five teaser, Carol (of all people) is with Tyreese and Baby Judith are traveling along the same train tracks where Rick and the others were during season four. Carol then spots a group of zombies approaching, with the trailer ending showing the trio hiding in the woods. Also of note, the back of a sign for Terminus can be seen in the background, which points to the trio joining Rick and the others as they fight for their lives.

Now, I haven't read the books, but from what I gather from season four, it seems the inhabitants of Terminus seems to be meat eaters of the zombie kind; by that, I mean they like their meat cooked and human. Again, just a theory on my part. Needless to say, October can't come soon enough for me to have all these questions answered.

Starring Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman and Sonequa Martin-Green, The Walking Dead season five is currently under production and will premiere this October on AMC.

Source: Coming Soon [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5oUDkwN--E]

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Renegade-pizza said:
I stopped watching 2 seasons ago. It just got boring, since nothing hapened.
You should really give it a try again. Yes, season 2 was pretty dull (when compared to the other seasons, otherwise I actually enjoyed it) but it picks up the pace after that one.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Ah. It just wouldn't be a thread about The Walking Dead without at least one person taking the time to post a comment saying, "This show sucks. I stopped watching after seasons X because reasons."

Anyway, really psyched for season five. The writers and producers seem to have finally settled into a formula and plot-delivery pace that work.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Breaking news, people hiding from zombies in a trailer that surprises no one! :)
I hope we get to meet Lucille soon!

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Alex Co said:
Now, I haven't read the books, but from what I gather from season four, it seems the inhabitants of Terminus seems to be meat eaters of the zombie kind; by that, I mean they like their meat cooked and human. Again, just a theory on my part.
The way they set it up pretty much means that they're either cannibals or slavers. Or both. I favor cannibals, but I'm not beyond the possibility of pressing the cattle into labor before slaughter.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Triaed said:
Breaking news, people hiding from zombies in a trailer that surprises no one! :)
You forgot to add one tiny little piece of detail that changes most things and adds suspense?

People hiding from zombies ... with a baby.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Random Argument Man said:
Triaed said:
You forgot to add one tiny little piece of detail that changes most things and adds suspense?

People hiding from zombies ... with a baby.
Ah, I stand corrected! Kirkman didn't actually deal with surviving with babies in the books (unless they were behind fortifications). It will be interesting how they manage it in the wild.

Still, the trailer shows what we have seen before, so it is not surprising. Perhaps some undefined shots of a building, a battle, an areal view of something... you know, something without any context that makes the viewers guess and speculate!

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
Ohhh mmmyyy gooooood so much excitement :/

I will be the another person saying I stopped watching after...
I mean first season still seems pretty amazing to me (and that money shot when he goes on horse to Atlanta?) and the rest just so not my cup of tea.

Politically wrong tid bit... whoa black character still alive in zombie related content!

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
awesome I'll be sure to watch the rest next summer when they'll no doubt show a few episodes in Oct and have you wait another 5-6 months, kinda why I stopped watching it all together, I love the series but I hate very long waits, pretty much the same with Doctor Who as well, I'm not going to watch that until I can watch a whole season without waiting a year and a half, I've got other shows to watch that don't always end up with massive waiting.

Captcha: Dalek Asylum, okay now that's really creepy of you Captcha...

Incomer said:
Ohhh mmmyyy gooooood so much excitement :/

I will be the another person saying I stopped watching after...
I mean first season still seems pretty amazing to me (and that money shot when he goes on horse to Atlanta?) and the rest just so not my cup of tea.

Politically wrong tid bit... whoa black character still alive in zombie related content!
I'm pretty much there with you and this is only them teasing us the other half of a single season, not half a season and another whole one which would have probably instilled a little hype into me, I'm patient for games now and then being made but when it comes to TWD I'm gone, there's countless other shows to watch out there that don't take as long or plan and execute their shows better than TWD, half a season seems really small, especially when we know we'll have to wait another 7 months until the first half of the other season, it just sounds so small for what we get to watch, maybe to someone in 5+ years from now who wasn't into TWD could pick up the blu ray and be happy getting to watch it all without the wait time could appreciate it but I know I can't, not after the long constant waits.